• Josh Jackson

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer for me. I love his attitude. I love the way he reacted on good friday against the rabbits a few years ago. He really is a dog. But, he is too predictable. Rarely scores a try. Literally never offloads. At least woods has that ability.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran or Mbye for me

all these dumb ***** saying Woods have zero idea about rugby league

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye has been draining our cap for too long and has been tried in every position and failed in all of them.......wish we had of given him his Des clause

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So
I just watched 100% footy and the guy on there, can’t remember his name, with the ‘black book’ has mail that all our players on big contracts have been told to see what they can get on the market and Pay won’t stand in their way if they want to leave, in order to take the hard decisions away from picking the players to release himself.

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran or Mbye for me

Are u kidding. Woods is a cat, always has been always will be. The game is about ruck speed, tell me what woods has to other apart from cruelling the bloke getting the ball next. I know who knows nothing about rugby league. Wouldnt get a start in dubbo.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran or Mbye for me

Do u have any idea how demoralising it must be for every forward in the club that the highest paid forward in the club runs the softest, is slowing our own play the ball down and in 10 years of first grade has never made first up contact in defence, he flops worse than hindmarsh, your a joke bud. Trust me pay will get rid of him first chance he gets. U back montoya proves alot what sought of judge u are ! He aint no mount more of a misserable ant nest just getting in the road.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Looking at our 3 wins and other competitive games only Mbye really contributed. Woods and Mbye bad attitude most games, Foran is a real trier but busted.

Look how Suffs have turned the corner since they just beat us. Same squad as last year, just added Gagai but vastly different attitude bought about by a new coach. Woods and Foran were mistakes. Anyone else interested in them? If not keep them but redesign their roles so we get the best out of them.
On what basis do you say that Mbye has a bad attitude? Was it a bad attitude when he knocked himself out trying to stop a Souths try?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye has been draining our cap for too long and has been tried in every position and failed in all of them.......wish we had of given him his Des clause
Because Super Coach tried to manufacture him as a 7. He's a running player. Who set up BMOZ try v Parra? Who is dangerous running the ball back? He's showing promise after 10 games at FB. Not perfect but showing enough.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are u kidding. Woods is a cat, always has been always will be. The game is about ruck speed, tell me what woods has to other apart from cruelling the bloke getting the ball next. I know who knows nothing about rugby league. Wouldnt get a start in dubbo.
Thanks Einstein.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods for me. Good player on his day, but way overpriced and can pick up a good prop for half his price.
Half his price will be going towards 4-5 bottom earning players if reports are true

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do u have any idea how demoralising it must be for every forward in the club that the highest paid forward in the club runs the softest, is slowing our own play the ball down and in 10 years of first grade has never made first up contact in defence, he flops worse than hindmarsh, your a joke bud. Trust me pay will get rid of him first chance he gets. U back montoya proves alot what sought of judge u are ! He aint no mount more of a misserable ant nest just getting in the road.
Lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because Super Coach tried to manufacture him as a 7. He's a running player. Who set up BMOZ try v Parra? Who is dangerous running the ball back? He's showing promise after 10 games at FB. Not perfect but showing enough.

Mbye is a 6

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye needs to go.

No one realises how bad his salary is to our cap.

He negotiated a 700k a season salary that was %

That means it inflated as a ratio to the cap when it went up.

Im not going to do the maths here but this means hes certainly on 800k plus right now.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye needs to go.

No one realises how bad his salary is to our cap.

He negotiated a 700k a season salary that was %

That means it inflated as a ratio to the cap when it went up.

Im not going to do the maths here but this means hes certainly on 800k plus right now.
How do you know figures? just curious

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Mbye is released who in the squad is capable of playing fullback? It's too soon to blood any young players, and with the Morris brothers potentially leaving, would that mean Hopoate back to fullback and Olive or Lewis to centre?

JMCentral

Waterboy
Reaction score
If another club was to poach either one of these two, who would you rather have us release out of Woods and Foran?

Both on upwards of $800,000 per year on a multi-year deal, both 10 games into their careers with the Dogs.

Personally, I'd release Foran over Woods. When you look at it from a longevity standpoint, Foran looks exhausted 60 minutes into every game and is struggling to defend on his edge. He is such a defensive liability and hasn't shown the ability to play #7 as we have blown 5 halftime leads so far this season (2 losses came after we were leading with less than 5 minutes to go) due to our inability to manage the game and put the ball in to touch. I thought Foran would steer the team around the park this year and improve our kicking game, but we're nearly halfway through the season and Foran still hasn't shown the ability to do either one of those things. Moses Mbye leads our team in "kicking meters gained" this season, and Foran is tied for 15th in the league amongst halves in try assists. You would think that considering he has a rookie five-eighth playing alongside him in the halves, he would take accountability for our attack and be on the ball when in reality he seems to drift in-and-out of games and fails to steer the team in the direction needed to win. If we have a game-managing halfback like Cronk, Maloney, Cleary, Hunt etc. we win the Good Friday match-up against Souths, and we win against the Broncos at Suncorp.

On the other hand, Woods has actually been OKAY. No, he hasn't been outstanding, and his style of play isn't what most people would consider a "tough" style of footy from a prop. However, for what it's worth, on our team he has the third most run meters, hit-ups, and tackles. He is also fifth in the entire competition in "effective offloads". I think having him on the field takes pressure off Klemmer and allows us to shift the ball to the edge to create an overlap. The opponent usually needs 2-3 in the tackle to bring him down, and he's a solid "meter-eater" for us. Look at the first try we scored against Parramatta in Round 9, Woods is the last to take a hit-up, compresses the defense and then we're able to get a nice shift to the edge and score. Not giving him complete credit, but he was solid. I don't think he is a liability on the field and doesn't really allow us to be exploited. Would be nice to see him win the ruck more often and just run hard rather than look for the offload. No, I do not think he is worth $800,000 a season, but building around Klemmer, Jackson, and Woods gives us the go-forward over the next few seasons that other teams won't have. Plus Junior Paulo and Shannon Boyd can only play 35-45 minutes per game and got roughly the same money with Parramatta and the Titans. That's the asking price for most front rowers in todays game, so the fact that Woods can play 60-65 if needed is a bonus for us.

All in all, if the cap is as bad as Paul Kent says it is and we do need to offload players, I would rather have us look to offload Tolman and Elliott before Woods or Foran, but if one of our "big money players" has to go, then I would keep Woods over Foran then move Mbye back to five-eighth and rotate our halves etc.

I know that some journos believe the only way to offload players is to send off your best ones, but that's not necessarily the case. I guarantee you that a team like Newcastle, the Rabbitohs, Canberra or Parramatta would take someone like Tolman considering how poor their front rowers have been this year. Regardless, let us know your thoughts on Foran and Woods and who you would rather have the Dogs release this year.

Last edited:

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No one would take either I believe unless we’re paying like 3 quarters of their salary. Out of the 2 we need halves more then forwards so I’d keep Foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.