• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If these reports are true that we need to release one of our top tiered players to stay under the cap for 2019, which player would you release?
For me the easiest player to replace would be Woods. Unfortunately his a lazy player, not use to that in a bulldog team. Gives away too many penalties and makes too many mistakes for a markee player

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran, he doesn’t offer value for money and plays his best footy when he’s second fiddle. Even though he hasn’t missed games this year he’s got chronic injuries and I doubt he will ever get back to 100% fitness.
But he’s still the best half we have. We’re not going to be able to recruit anyone, so we still need him.
Woods is surplus to our requirements.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let’s release our top players and pay majority of the contract so they can play at other clubs. We did it with Lafai, Kasiano, Barba, Finucane, & Graham from memory. We will never get over this salary cap mess if we keep doing this.

We shouldn’t be in the market next season and focus on junior development. We seriously cannot have under 1 mil to accomodate 14 spots. I hope it’s paper talk.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends how much money we need freed up to who I release, if it's up around that 8-900k I'd try n move Foran on, just because I can't see his body lasting the contract, second would be woods because we've always been able to bring a good forward thru the grades

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s release our top players and pay majority of the contract so they can play at other clubs. We did it with Lafai, Kasiano, Barba, Finucane, & Graham from memory. We will never get over this salary cap mess if we keep doing this.

We shouldn’t be in the market next season and focus on junior development. We seriously cannot have under 1 mil to accomodate 14 spots. I hope it’s paper talk.
Finucane kasiano and barba we paid nothing when they left dogs
Not a sausage
And I'm pretty sure dragons took over Lafai contract
Graham only one out of those we paid to be at another club

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has to be Woods. He’s signed 4 years instead of Forans 3 years. Having said that though he’s bound to produce more then Foran who’s body wont last 3 seasons. I change my vote to Foran. :grinning:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Easily woods but no one will want the the fuking cream puff

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think.... Woods.
I know his numbers are ok, but his impact just isnt what you expect from a guy on that much.
Someone else said it re Foran. He’s our only half now so regardless I think we need to keep him.
I’d be blooding Lewis quick smart for next year to fill in with a Cogger and Foran. He can play half fullback centre and if trained hopefully hooker.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane kasiano and barba we paid nothing when they left dogs
Not a sausage
And I'm pretty sure dragons took over Lafai contract
Graham only one out of those we paid to be at another club
As I understand it. We are currently paying half of Kasiano, Graham & Perretts wages out of our cap.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson and Klemmer won’t be going anywhere. The club surely cAnt be that stupid to get rid of basically every player that actually loves the club. Graham, josh, Ennis etc

I’d flick Foran and mbye in a heart beat and throw decent coin on a decent fb with speed and footy smarts and get a half who can control the side.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Raiders are a very interesting one.

They have Blake Austin, Aiden Sezer, Jnr Paulo, Josh Papalii, Soliola and Shannon Boyd off contract this year.

As far as I am aware Jnr Paulo will be going to the eels next year and Papalii & Boyd have been told that they wont be getting what they are after.

You would presume Ata Hingano will play in the halves next year and you question why Sezer and/or Austin have not been re-signed by now?

Is it possible that Pay & Sticky who have a great relationship between each other are "possibly" brokering some deals to get both clubs out of shit?

Tolman, Foran and/or Woods to Canberra?

Sezer to Dogs?

Seems like alot of articles about our cap situation but there is alot of key players in the nations capital who are off contract and have not been re-signed?

Something does not sound right?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Raiders are a very interesting one.

They have Blake Austin, Aiden Sezer, Jnr Paulo, Josh Papalii, Soliola and Shannon Boyd off contract this year.

As far as I am aware Jnr Paulo will be going to the eels next year and Papalii & Boyd have been told that they wont be getting what they are after.

You would presume Ata Hingano will play in the halves next year and you question why Sezer and/or Austin have not been re-signed by now?

Is it possible that Pay & Sticky who have a great relationship between each other are "possibly" brokering some deals to get both clubs out of shit?

Tolman, Foran and/or Woods to Canberra?

Sezer to Dogs?

Seems like alot of articles about our cap situation but there is alot of key players in the nations capital who are off contract and have not been re-signed?

Something does not sound right?
I'd say sezer will stay in Canberra Austin will not
And I think there cap is not much better than ours, so I doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.