Hyperlinks

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible for hyperlinks settings to be changed so they stand out more in bodies of text?
If it is, it would be appreciated if they can be tweaked so they stand out more than they currently do.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can be, but won't be. Whilst technically possible to do, it can only be done by site admins.

It requires a bit of theme customisation on the back end, and you have to then edit multiple themes on Xenforo.

Also means every update you have to ensure the themes don't revert back.

For example if you made them bolder and a darker blue, then on a light theme they'd stand out, but they'd be hidden in text for people using the dark theme.

Hence for a small change it can actually be far more trouble than the problem it's trying to resolve.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can be, but won't be. Whilst technically possible to do, it can only be done by site admins.

It requires a bit of theme customisation on the back end, and you have to then edit multiple themes on Xenforo.

Also means every update you have to ensure the themes don't revert back.

For example if you made them bolder and a darker blue, then on a light theme they'd stand out, but they'd be hidden in text for people using the dark theme.

Hence for a small change it can actually be far more trouble than the problem it's trying to resolve.
Use variable styles and it automatically changes depending on the theme applied by the user

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use variable styles and it automatically changes depending on the theme applied by the user.
I must say it's been quite some time since I've looked at the Xenforo styles area, so didn't realise that was possible.

Do you mean where you set a custom percentage of the value of a colour (as in 50% black)?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not fussed about how, it just would be nice to have the ability to identify a link in a body of text, particularly if it is missing the format/code/whatever www. .org etc is called.