Hunt chase puts Flanagan in no-win situation

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thank fick. Can’t wait to averilo and Flanagan is not in our 17.

Averilo has some ability just he’s like mbye. Ok at a few slots. Good at none.

Flanagan is blessed to have played first grade. Fucking woeful.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank fick. Can’t wait to averilo and Flanagan is not in our 17.

Averilo has some ability just he’s like mbye. Ok at a few slots. Good at none.

Flanagan is blessed to have played first grade. Fucking woeful.
We got rid of the scrubs in Lewis and Elliott, okonbor is in oblivion in cup hopefully he's next and flanacuck is on the way out. I'm sensing a theme

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno has not improved 1 area of his ability as a halfback in the entire time he has played at the dogs.
I do not understand how you can work somewhere for 2 years and not improve in any area?
I honestly do sympathies with Shane Flanagan for trying to protect his son,
Now Jnr has had 3 coaches in the last 3 years, who will Snr blame now ?

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Flanno has not improved 1 area of his ability as a halfback in the entire time he has played at the dogs.
I do not understand how you can work somewhere for 2 years and not improve in any area?
I agree, but it's a club problem aswell though. Nearly every recruit almost always has gone backwards.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have always hoped Averillo would make a very good fullback and still do, I believe he still has something special to offer !
Maybe time in reserve grade will help him build his confidence...He is still young !!!
Example there of the folly of learning your position in first grade. Crazy to expect it.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flano needs to go the Super League or reserve grade again to develop his game. I don't see the use in us pursuing Hunt when he's going to be 34 by 2024 unless there's a chance he's going to get an early release but why would the Dragons do that when he was one of the best players in the comp this year plus we couldn't afford him for next year. Our priority has to be Mitchell Moses with maybe Crichton for fullback. We desperately need a prop too. Maybe Lodge or Spencer Leniu
Need to make a play for Lodge

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know what we're all saying is true that Button needs an organising half...but...shouldn't we be expecting a little more from a likely $800+ player.

A great 7 is wonderful to have ...but...if there's only a 34 year old available, in a years time, is this wise?

Burton should really be running the show and a half of the calibre of BBO or Hayward should be serviceable to develop, if Burto was playing to his capabilities.

Souths have Ilias/Walker.

We could work on that 7 problem with what we have.... if Burton stepped up.

Maybe he really would be better at Fullback and can earn that kinda money from that position.

BTW this is not a bagging of Burto. He will be a star but maybe we do need an organising 5/8 instead of an organising 7 which we can't seem to find or manufacture.

Finding another 5/8, with Burto fullback, MIGHT be the better solution to a problem we can't seem to fix.

Keep all the options open.
Walker and llias is irrelevant,Walker is shit without Latrell we would have beaten Souths if Latrell didnt play.
After Reynolds left and Latrell was injured Walker was a nsw cup player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Walker and llias is irrelevant,Walker is shit without Latrell we would have beaten Souths if Latrell didnt play.
After Reynolds left and Latrell was injured Walker was a nsw cup player.
Walker was leading the NRL for try involvements before Latrell returned and still is. If he's a NSW cup player then what does that make Burton :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cody Walker is an insane ball player, definitely the best in the league. He would probably be one of my favorite players outside of Dogs if he wasn’t such a wanker on and off the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cody Walker is an insane ball player, definitely the best in the league. He would probably be one of my favorite players outside of Dogs if he wasn’t such a wanker on and off the field.
I'm 100% certain we have numerous fans that would rate Burton better LOL.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Walker was leading the NRL for try involvements before Latrell returned and still is. If he's a NSW cup player then what does that make Burton :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Nah i dont rate him he's an absolute grub!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nah i dont rate him he's an absolute grub!
Yes he’s a huge tosser but he’s probably the second best 6 in the game right now. Was the best 6 last year aswell. Would love him here but it wont ever happen.