hunt 18th man for kangaroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
karmichael hunt has been named 18th man for the australian side in case minochello doesnt over come the injury. surely they couldve come up with some one better then him to take up a bench spot and reshuffle the squad around

H

Hazmak

Got a source?

I read in the paper that it was gonna be Matt Bowen...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i heard Matty Bowen as well. And so he should be

NrlChick

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hunt joins Test squad
May 1, 2006

BRISBANE Broncos fullback Karmichael Hunt has been flown to Sydney to join the Australia rugby league Test squad as standby for the injured Anthony Minichiello.

Hunt was contacted last night and flew out of Brisbane early today, with Minichiello working to overcome a hamstring injury ahead of Friday night's Suncorp Stadium Test with New Zealand.

Minichiello was cleared at the team medical last night and was taking part in a light training run this morning, but it was considered prudent to have Hunt on standby as 18th man if needed.

Hunt's call-up is expected to cause controversy across the Tasman as he is New Zealand born, but the youngster has frequently stated an ambition to play State of Origin football for Queensland, which would rule him out of representing the Kiwis.

It's also likely to cause a stir in North Queensland as Hunt got the nod ahead of Cowboys and Queensland Origin fullback Matt Bowen.

Reports today said Bowen had been pencilled in as 18th man until he had a poor game, dropping several high balls, in the loss to Test coach Ricky Stuart's Sydney Roosters in Townsville on Saturday night.

AAP

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i see his point. But K Hunt hasnt been exactly setting the world on fire. Meh. Doesnt really bother me. I for one dont really care who wins the test as long as our boys come out injury-less. I remebmer last year when O Meley copped that injury. I wanted to brutally bash someone after that :(

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I can see it now - the Kiwi fullback suffers an injury in the prematch warmup and Hunt suddenly switches alliances, becomes a Kiwi and spills the beans on Ricky's game plan.

H

Hazmak

I dunno why u can't move Locyer to FB, thurston to no. 6, and pick another forward...

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe they would pick Hunt as the 18th man. They are essentially saying that Hunt is the second best fullback in Australia and that just isn't true. Bowan is all over him. One bad game and he isn't picked. Hunt has a bad game every second game. I think Hunt is very suspect under the high ball.

Truely amazed.

So is Hunt now going to be the Qld fullback ahead of Bowan? I doubt it.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I think Bowen is better than Hunt, however Bowen was a bit scratchy the other night.

Bowen will certainly be the QLD fullback.

A

Abz

Hunt and Bowen are both out of form. It should be someone else

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Abz said:
Hunt and Bowen are both out of form. It should be someone else
Who else? Hornby is probably the closest 1 to getting it, and he hasnt been at his top form either. Hodgson is injured. Slater is suspended. Inglis is too young. Really sticky situation

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
LOL the selector dont disappoint as far as some controversy is concerned

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
the 2 form fullbacks of the competition at the moment are matty bowen and milton thiaday, the difference between those two and hunt is that they have produced consistent quality performances while hunt is lucky to string together 5 good games a season. hunt has promised plenty but produced little since his time in the nrl and it is beyond me how he can be pulled into a kangaroo squad. since hunt is the only qld fullback in the kangaroo squad does this mean hes guna be the maroon number 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.