Humble Pie

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I...like a lot of other kennel members..let’s be honest..we’re calling for Pay head and mass sackings..even Jackson!?
Now we are flying..knocking top eight teams down like ten pins
What has changed?
Is it the recruitment of DWZ?
Is it Foran and Lewis coming back?
Is it Pay changing the game plan?
Is it JMK learning the no 9 ?
I know one thing we need to start in 2020 where finish off this year
The mongrel is back

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
One quality player like DWZ makes a world of difference. Nothing has really changed in regards to game plan, it’s just the players getting more game time together and still putting in effort towards the end of the season, when they could have easily shut up shop weeks ago.
There’s more to coaching tactics, getting the team to gel as brothers is well underrated and not many coaches have that in their arsenal, obviously pay has that hence the teams latest results. All year we have been putting in as a team, we have just been outclassed in many games.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I...like a lot of other kennel members..let’s be honest..we’re calling for Pay head and mass sackings..even Jackson!?
Now we are flying..knocking top eight teams down like ten pins
What has changed?
Is it the recruitment of DWZ?
Is it Foran and Lewis coming back?
Is it Pay changing the game plan?
Is it JMK learning the no 9 ?
I know one thing we need to start in 2020 where finish off this year
The mongrel is back
All of those.
Foran playing both sides of ruck has made a big difference.
Have to keep him in Cotton wool.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's just see how we start next year before we put everyone on a pedestal.

Not being negative, only realistic, a few good games doesn't erase the start to the season and won't cover a bad start to next year.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not eating humble pie.

This (the way the team is playing) was the least of expectation by midway through the season

The jury is out on pay, we've got 3 good signings joining us and early on next season pay has to prove himself. No more excuses.

Anderson's have done a fantastic job though, they've passed their test with flying colours so far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Not being negative, only realistic, a few good games doesn't erase the start to the season and won't cover a bad start to next year.
YoURe So NeGAtIvE

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Next year will tell a better story, happy to let pay prove it an continue as is until I change my mind.. then I will put my hand up for sure. Looking good though.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
yes that too and the boys seem to b together now

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference is that the players have been allowed to take charge. I recall JJ talking about a counter plan at half time during the panthers game.
Pay has stepped aside for this to happen

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference is that the players have been allowed to take charge. I recall JJ talking about a counter plan at half time during the panthers game.
Lololololololol oh my

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is so so true.
I’m enjoying this ride and the boys have improved, however, as good as it is, if we are being honest with ourselves, there is no real pressure anymore. Let’s just see.

I still think we need to be scouting for a better coach

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently after the bye, they had a meeting about playing to their potential etc
Needed to lift etc
Anyway that’s what jacko n chn said was the turning point

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently after the bye, they had a meeting about playing to their potential etc
Needed to lift etc
Same in 1995. I drove to Newcastle to see them get flogged 42-0. 8 weeks later they won the comp. That can’t happen this year, but Baa told the same story - ‘let’s pull our heads in and play for each other’ - the last 6 weeks we’ve seen that. Let’s hope the mongrel attitude continues into 2020...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeh, he really stepped aside and let the players coach themselves, yeh no worries. Please change your medication

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/stats/

Bulldogs #1 in Set Completions
Bulldogs #1 in Offloads
Bulldogs #2 in All Runs
Bulldogs #3 in Total Kicks
Bulldogs #4 in Total Kick Metres
Bulldogs #4 in All Receipts (we're moving the ball more than most teams)
Bulldogs #4 in Tackles
Bulldogs #4 in Intercepts

Somehow we're #2 in missed tackles and #3 in ineffective tackles. I expect that's mostly from the shit we served up at the start of the year. Our tackling is the best in the league now.

So we get through our sets which gets us metres, we run heaps cause we get through our sets, we kick heaps and we get lots of metres from our kicks, and we move the ball a lot and make lots of tackles and intercepts. Basically we're a solid fucking team

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bit of the humble pie tastes pretty good so far. Took me a while to get Tolman down but I'm eating a little bit at a time - the longer it lasts the better.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needed to lift etc
Ahaha so you're saying a Meeting was the missing piece of Pays coaching .. You're an idiot

Last edited: