Official Hughes: it’s the best club I have ever played at.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of well deserved life memberships. Corey may have left for a year at the Sharks but I always liked him as a player for us and don't hold that against him. Nothing flash, just an honest toiler who gave service to the club. Great to see the Hughes clan repair the fracture with the club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea Hughes was an always will be a legend, just a good reliable player who always put in. Great bloke.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Pretty sure when he was dirty with dogs he was interviewed sideline saying the year at the sharks was his favourite season lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not going to lie watching Glen and Corey go round used to shit me no end they were so frustrating to watch. There’s no denying either of their service to the club and they could pull a big play out when needed the most. Corey’s 40/20 in the 2004 Panthers semi was game changing.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was 2nd and 3rd man in every tackle just so he could be marker the lazy fuk. He was also king of the flop after tackles were made. I couldn't wait for him to come off and Adam Perry the human nugget come on !

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
corey hughes one of my favourite players of all time

but of course he is going to say the bulldogs is the best club hes played at, its between us and the Cronulla

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

but of course he is going to say the bulldogs is the best club hes played at, its between us and the Cronulla
So at least he shows better judgment than Ennis the penis.... lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I always liked him
I couldn’t really understand the hate he use to get
He use to play his heart out

I never thought he played lazy as someone else said

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I always liked him
I couldn’t really understand the hate he use to get
He use to play his heart out

I never thought he played lazy as someone else said
I agree.

I think he played with a lot of heart.

Was very disappointed when they let him go to the Sharks.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Highly competitive, used to play himself red and give away penalties to suck air

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My favourite memory of his is when he got under Adrian Morley's skin and Adrian lashed out with his knee and he (Adrian) got sent off.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not going to lie watching Glen and Corey go round used to shit me no end they were so frustrating to watch. There’s no denying either of their service to the club and they could pull a big play out when needed the most. Corey’s 40/20 in the 2004 Panthers semi was game changing.
I used to think they were solid players, nothing flash. In fact I remember at the back end of 2001 Glen Hughes absolutely fired up and produced some fantastic big plays in matches. Will never forget that.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes solid toiler plenty of heart bulldogs blood in his veins not doubt there