News Hughes Family Life Memberships Reinstated

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Corey, Steven and Glenn = Fringe first graders that only got a run because of their connections.
Mate I couldn't agree more, my best mate coached him at st chistophers, when he was overlooked for 5/8 his dad walked up to my mate after training and said, if you don't pick my boy then don't bother bringing the team for try outs at the end of the year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can think of a lot worse that played FG. Adam Brideson, Daniel Dropsworth, Kane Cleal, Fred Briggs, Nick Yougquest, Ben Czislowski just to name a few.

Corey Hughes stepped up to the plate especially in the 04 final series. Was a reliable hooker.

Steven Hughes was great until his knee injury which ultimately ended his career.

Glen was a handy interchange back rower.
I'll always have respect for the memories we share but Steven was the only talent out of the siblings.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Steven Hughes was the pick of the boys he was even picked on the 94 Kangaroo tour unfortunately his knees never let him show his true potential. Watching Corey and Glenn play the halves was such a frustrating experience they didn’t play with any consistently. When Glenn was bad he was really bad. Changing positions was the best move for both of them and Corey turned into a decent hooker and Glenn turned into a decent backrower.
Perfect summary.. Steven was the only real talent.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh

All 3 were FG skilled and mainstay

Corey was a good hooker/half and a real battler

Steven was a solid centre and Glenn was a very good ball playing backrow

Hughes contribution is massive
They did their part... Steve was the only one worth rating in my view.

But Graeme, well he was something else.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glen scored a winning GF try in 95.
Watch 98 prelim against parra. Not bad for a fringe.
Off the bench and just ran on if I got it right... was the pick of 3-4 unmarked men?

Mate that prelim made blokes like Relf and Stone look like Taumalolo and Fafita. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it is no coincidence that ever since Dib and Peponis have been running things we have won nothing.
Hiring Des cost us two grand finals. FMD we should have won 2012 and 2014. Thanks for costing us two grand finals Dib, Castle, Greenturd and Des

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hiring Des cost us two grand finals. FMD we should have won 2012 and 2014. Thanks for costing us two grand finals Dib, Castle, Greenturd and Des
Saying we should have won in 2014 is a massive stretch. The stars aligned just to get to the grand final.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saying we should have won in 2014 is a massive stretch. The stars aligned just to get to the grand final.
But we should have at least had something to counter the attack of storm and souths. If we had a better coach we would have been in those games and at least won one or both of them.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always going to happen.

The Hughes' and Moores' are related.

Grahame Hughes and Lynn Anderson are cousins.
They are Canterbury!
Our greatest success on the field came when the family names of Hughes and Moore were synonymous with our club, either as coaches, trainers, administrators or players in any capacity. Success is the fruits of good rugby league people who have integrity and put the interest of the club before their own interests.

Unfortunately over the last ten years we’ve had the so called leaders of our club lie to us and take us for a ride.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are all the posters that claimed “this is the beginning of the end for the club” when the new administration was voted in?
You sounded ridiculous at the time and less than 12 months later the new administration has already won over the majority of the fan base while making good, tough decisions regarding the roster/salary cap.
I don’t think anyone could keep a straight face and claim that the new admin has been anything other than beneficial to the Club.
The place was stale and heading in the wrong direction undoubtably.
Some of our vocal fan base are too quick to deathride our club at every opportunity which I think is a reflection of their own inadequacies.

It is probably still going to be a tough couple of years ahead but I can see the direction we are heading in and it feels like we are brewing for success.
None them are big enough to admit they were very wrong.. and every little mistake the current board make will be emphasized by those same in an attempt to save face and say ' see I told you so'....

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh

All 3 were FG skilled and mainstay

Corey was a good hooker/half and a real battler

Steven was a solid centre and Glenn was a very good ball playing backrow

Hughes contribution is massive
Didn't rate Steven and Glen as great talents but Corey was a very good player imo and was disappointed with the way he exited the club

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt the club will improve but for the club to be at its best it will be when the Mortimers and Hughes family work together. Two great family who played a big part in the bulldogs history.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt the club will improve but for the club to be at its best it will be when the Mortimers and Hughes family work together. Two great family who played a big part in the bulldogs history.
Do not talk about true unity...
Do not talk about The GREATEST Steve Mortimer and his brothers Peter and Chris...
You will upset The Royal family's friends and relatives on the Kennel who wrong or right blindingly back The Royals

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Since they left we turned to shit.

We need all the help we can get and they actually care about the club especially when they are involved.

I don’t see us being competitive next year and I don’t see a vision yet. I don’t see an outstanding crop of ball or flegg players that are ready to plug some gaping holes, some that are over a decade old.

Our club was poorly run during Des’s reign. We looked for a quick premiership and almost pulled it off. I’m glad we didn’t. It’s not a formula that suits our club or the NRL.

In this game you need to acquire skill and build your team over years.

If politis ran our club we wouldn’t be talking about if meaney is going to make it or who will play in the centres and why is lichaa still at the club.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy days. Wanted the Hughes family back with the club

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can think of a lot worse that played FG. Adam Brideson, Daniel Dropsworth, Kane Cleal, Fred Briggs, Nick Yougquest, Ben Czislowski just to name a few.

Corey Hughes stepped up to the plate especially in the 04 final series. Was a reliable hooker.

Steven Hughes was great until his knee injury which ultimately ended his career.

Glen was a handy interchange back rower.
Don't forget Dallas 'drop the ball with an open paddock in front of him to lose a game we should have won with 12 players' McIllwain.

As you can tell, I'm clearly over it and have moved on!