HUDSON YOUNG

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
his kid gives me a bit of a sadist vibe..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And the NRL wonder why participation rates in junior rugby league are at their lowest since inception, this prick should get 12 weeks and a 100k fine minimum and mcguire and any other filth that eye gouges should get the same. The nrl needs to wake the fuck up

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Maitua said on fox sports if he did that in his day to players like o'meley mason or sonny hudson young would have left the field in a body bag

Who would have thought the no punch rule can stuff up the game so much
Me thinks Reni’s been on a Karate Kid bender!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the reasons why we need punching back in the game.

Dirty ***** are running amok because the cowards know that they won't cop one in the chin.
I agree
Look I’m not normally a fighter
But when I played footy back in the early to mid 90s
I hated nothing more than a facial in a tackle
Let alone an eye gouging

I would always get up play the ball then punch the marker (was usually the marker responsible for the facial)

I couldn’t hold back
It just riled me up

And I didn’t care how big he was, I’d hit him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whole 20 weeks talk is fucked.
I don't condone what the kid did and he should get in trouble because its his second offence... but fancy this relative no name being made an example of when that **** McGuire has done it 3 times.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whole 20 weeks talk is fucked.
I don't condone what the kid did and he should get in trouble because its his second offence... but fancy this relative no name being made an example of when that **** McGuire has done it 3 times.
They do need to make an example but its pretty fucked that Mcguire got away with a slap on the wrist.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has pleaded not guilty and is fighting it tonight.
I say somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks for a repeat offender should do the job.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/10/judiciary-live-blog-waerea-hargreaves-young--evans/

9.35pm: NRL counsel is suggesting a penalty range between 10 and 12 games – including loading from his previous charges, depending on whether the panel finds Young's conduct reckless or highly careless.
The NRL counsel's suggestion adds 100% loading for Young's two previous offences. This is discretionary, the judiciary doesn't have to include this.

9.48pm: Young's counsel Nick Ghabar is suggesting the top-level ban the judiciary should consider is a nine-game suspension. Based on it not being as serious as George Burgess's offence, Ghabar says a five/six-week ban could be appropriate.

Hans Gruber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Les Boyd copped 15 months for his gouge on Billy Johnstone in 1984. Now that’s a punishment!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I saw it in normal mode and there was no fucking eye gouge whatsoever. Kid goes in for a tackle trying to stop a try amd his hands got caught in wrong place and didnt even go into his eyes.
Finch the junkie went overboard with his tanty...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I saw it in normal mode and there was no fucking eye gouge whatsoever. Kid goes in for a tackle trying to stop a try amd his hands got caught in wrong place and didnt even go into his eyes.
Finch the junkie went overboard with his tanty...
He went in for a 2nd go at his eyes, it was no accident. He has prior form as well- 8 weeks he got off lightly the filthy bastard. Can only hope an opposition player has a good dig in Young's eyes on his return and see whether Ricky wants us all to consider the perpetrator's feelings and mental wellbeing.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went in for a 2nd go at his eyes, it was no accident. He has prior form as well- 8 weeks he got off lightly the filthy bastard. Can only hope an opposition player has a good dig in Young's eyes on his return and see whether Ricky wants us all to consider the perpetrator's feelings and mental wellbeing.
Lucky to only get 8 weeks.
NRL Loading is generally 100%; His last suspension for the same offense was 5 games, so if there was ANY consistency (NRLOL), he would get 10 games - It isn't that hard to work out.
This shit has no place in our game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So by the time he is back from suspension he would've been suspended a total of 13 games in his career and only played 12....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Les Boyd copped 15 months for his gouge on Billy Johnstone in 1984. Now that’s a punishment!
Danny Williams got 18 weeks for king hitting someone. I think Hoppa Snr once got something similar?

Before that Steve Linnane got done for 20 weeks for rearranging Grag Alexander's eyeballs.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The initial contact of Young's hand on the opponents face might be accidental, though the raking motion is a bit sus. What really seals it is he goes back in. Kid needs to be told he is on his last chance. Clear evidence of another eye gouge and he cops 20 games or something.

Is it possible the NRL went with 8 game ban rather than 10 or 12 on the basis that at least 2 of the games will be finals?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The initial contact of Young's hand on the opponents face might be accidental, though the raking motion is a bit sus. What really seals it is he goes back in. Kid needs to be told he is on his last chance. Clear evidence of another eye gouge and he cops 20 games or something.

Is it possible the NRL went with 8 game ban rather than 10 or 12 on the basis that at least 2 of the games will be finals?
Agree, to an extent...however, "last chance" would imply immediate life ban if found to re-offend.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree, to an extent...however, "last chance" would imply immediate life ban if found to re-offend.
Yup, 20 game ban in the NRL is effectively a life ban. No club is going to pay a player almost a whole season just to sit there and serve a ban. The players only shot at continuing to get paid for the privilege of playing professional sport would be ESL. Then he becomes their problem.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, 20 game ban in the NRL is effectively a life ban. No club is going to pay a player almost a whole season just to sit there and serve a ban. The players only shot at continuing to get paid for the privilege of playing professional sport would be ESL. Then he becomes their problem.
Not so fast - there is an agreement between the leauges where they respect each other's bans.