How WRONG Was Laundy

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was it….’ For the development & health of Burton, Penrith should release Burton early to the Dogs’

Next minute…. Burton’s off to the GF!

Can Gus/Warburton please just f*ck this idiot off once n for all. He’s been wrong about everything this loud mouth p1sshead including Idiot Elliott too
Laundy has been our savior. Gus isn't here if Laundy isn't funding him. Laundy feeds the press certain lines for public perception then blokes like Gould go to work behind the scenes. In the case of Elliot & his eventual sacking it worked a treat because the perception is we treated Elliot with respect but the truth is we punted that dumb useless fuck to the curb hard.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Reminds me of when people were complaining about Kia. I guess you’ll never please everyone.

Were the ones that hated Kia on the Jersey happier when not only was the jersey blank but our bank account was minus 1 million dollars too :p
Interesting that you mention KIA mate.
Wharby did that deal when he was Commercial Manager at the Dogs. Now that the CEO role has separated football (Gus) from Commercial (Wharby) as was the stated intent, you can be sure Wharby is focussed on the biggest and most prestigious sponsorship deals we can get as we climb off the bottom. Hard to say at this point whether the Laundy’s will stay major sponsors post 2022 or move to another type of backing (Arthur and Craig have both said they want to be involved for the long term). Sponsors speaking out is nothing new, Gary Johnstone from Jaycar did it several times. The difference probably being a business owner vs a major corporate.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Laundy was RIGHT!
Bulldogs needed all the help they could get in 21'

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
‘I apologised to Penrith’: Bulldogs sponsor backflips on Burton

He was agitating for his early release from the Panthers at the start of the season, but Bulldogs backer Arthur Laundy believes Matt Burton’s decision to fulfil his contractual commitments will benefit all parties, declaring “I’m pleased he has stayed with Penrith.”

Source

Credit to Laundy, it takes a big person to admit they got something wrong. The headline is a bit of a disgrace tbh.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
btw if the penrith guys coming to the bulldogs win the grand final then they have checked that off the list of things to do, we should all be hoping for a souths win
Bullshit. Do you honestly think any player wins a gf and then retires happy? Or do you think they want more and more?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not sure how a season at centre benefits him as a half
As a half he was the best centre in the comp. If that doesn't tell you enough about his abilities and the benefits it would provide him moving forward, then your blind!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Bullshit. Do you honestly think any player wins a gf and then retires happy? Or do you think they want more and more?
i think a player who hasnt won a grand final wants to win a grand final more than a player who has won a grand final, especially if he has lost a grand final

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think a player who hasnt won a grand final wants to win a grand final more than a player who has won a grand final, especially if he has lost a grand final
Or he might kick stones all summer, depressed that he failed on the big day.
Alternatively, they could all be riding a high all summer and create a real buz around the club. This is how I see it playing out.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a half he was the best centre in the comp. If that doesn't tell you enough about his abilities and the benefits it would provide him moving forward, then your blind!
You don’t understand what im saying. He’s had a more successful year for sure, but you can’t say playing at centre will be better for his career as a half.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Playing in sudden death Finals and then a Grand Final definitely benefits a player, no matter where he plays.

Always a Bulldog
Fair enough but He was always going to do that by staying at Penrith. Nothing has changed now.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don’t understand what im saying. He’s had a more successful year for sure, but you can’t say playing at centre will be better for his career as a half.
Who will he pass the ball to from 5/8? His backrower, centre or winger. If he can better understand the lines a centre runs etc etc, he can better distribute the ball.
What your saying is like saying if carpenter can only drill and cut wood, and that's all he should do. But if the carpenter is glazing windows, doing some roofing and block work, plumbing, drainage etc etc, then he is a much better carpenter. Do you get what im saying??