How wild Andrew Fifita rumour could trigger a chain player swap in crazy NRL market

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is fucking ridiculous. Whatever happened to honoring a contract? One player retires in the off-season (Burgess) and it triggers a freaking player merry-go-round.

And SURPRISE SURPRISE... Roosters are now favorites for Addo-Carr. I have a lot of respect for Addo-Carr, but that will go if he sells his soul to the chooks.
Ummmm weren’t the Rorters apparently supposed to be out of salary cap $ after they re signed JWH, Takeaho and co??? That’s what they told Mitchell and the press and now they have room for not only Xeri but Addo-Carr too! The rort goes on...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What we are experiencing now is what fans of the shit clubs of the 90s and 00s like Souths,etc used to feel when no one wanted to go their club unless for a payday and retirement.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is what I’ve been saying and my concern is.

If addo car ends up at roosters fuck me.

This is what I was talking about natboy with concerns. We aren’t attractive and it’s a chain of events that need to change that.

Also notice I said it about Mal and once again arrow was said no changes he’s there for 2020. If they got Fifita then would make sense.

I am not picking a fight simply pointing out my views and thoughts aren’t uneducated or based on anything but facts.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is what I’ve been saying and my concern is.

If addo car ends up at roosters fuck me.

This is what I was talking about natboy with concerns. We aren’t attractive and it’s a chain of events that need to change that.

Also notice I said it about Mal and once again arrow was said no changes he’s there for 2020. If they got Fifita then would make sense.

I am not picking a fight simply pointing out my views and thoughts aren’t uneducated or based on anything but facts.
It's right in-front of our eyes. At the moment we're only going for opportunists and rejects that have no other option but us. DWZ and fullback for e.g. (we also can't use this position as an attraction anymore). It's unlikely we pick up someone going into this season that's going to make a difference (if we do, who it is will have some fans torn regarding if it's a good or bad signing as those are the type of players we're going after) but there will be more opportunities during the mid season (again like DWZ) as there are less clubs that're going to be in a position to pounce. The problem is we have to spend the majority of our salary cap before the start of the season meaning we can only recruit one player a year doing this. It's going to be interesting if this changes going into the 2021 season (we're going to have to target 2022 players and try and lure them over one year early as the majority of talent for 2021 has already been locked up - mainly due to retainment but it's still the same outcome for us, we can't sign them). Without using money we're not an attraction (people who say otherwise are thinking in the past) so unless that changes it's still going to be a long rebuild until we're expected for the top eight (imo). Other clubs can offer more success and money, how do we compete in recruitment (I see a lot of fans bag the Tigers but they're in a much better position than us in the short term at least)?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Dean Pay probably thinking hmmm there is an opportunity for us to be involved with this trade and pick someone up. Fuck better resign Holland on 5 year deal

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How funny that Souths kid is on $500k. He’s fucking shit just like this article

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It couldnt be something like nobody worth getting for the money we have left to spend, has come along this offseason? That wouldnt fit some people's narrative or excuse to complain about the club.

Personally i havent seen any player go to another club and thought "i wish we got him". I was half interested in Mitchell until i found out he only wants to play FB. But thats about it.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
How funny that Souths kid is on $500k. He’s fucking shit just like this article
Douehi is a good player, will be worth plenty more than 500k if he can stay injury free. He's probably only on 100k on Souths books ATM though, creative accounting strikes again.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Douehi is a good player, will be worth plenty more than 500k if he can stay injury free. He's probably only on 100k on Souths books ATM though, creative accounting strikes again.
If he’s on $500k like this article says and what he has shown/done in the nrl it’s a joke and no wonder Souths want to move him on.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
If he’s on $500k like this article says and what he has shown/done in the nrl it’s a joke and no wonder Souths want to move him on.
You reckon he's not worth $500k?
I think he has demonstrated he has plenty of talent in his time on the field so far. He seems better value for money than some of these speculative signings of blokes having only played 1, 2 or sometimes even zero games of NRL.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters have 3 international wingers plus Ikuvalu. They don’t need Addo Carr. They have their sights set on Xerri.
If Addo Carr goes anywhere it will be at Souths.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t care about this news.... it’s all not about our club and that has no interest whatsoever!!!