How we conceded tries against the Tigers

Who are you blaming the most for this result?

• Players

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Pay

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Other (previous or current board, etc)

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What I don’t get is, how do these “not good enough players” beat good teams at the end of the last 2 years?
Possibly because those teams took their foot off the gas a little coming into the finals and because this year players not being retained next year have already been told and they don’t care as much anymore? There’s no getting around that we have a very poor squad, you’d agree?

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly because those teams took their foot off the gas a little coming into the finals and because this year players not being retained next year have already been told and they don’t care as much anymore? There’s no getting around that we have a very poor squad, you’d agree?
I agree some of these players aren’t great, Pay picks them though, just like he’s got 5 wingers lining up this week from 1-5.

The main problem is getting them to gel, improving them which they are all capable of improving, and lets be honest we’re dead last and definitely not improving.

What is coach teaching them? When I learn and practice something I get better at it. Coach is out of his depth, if he can’t improve these players (at all) or teach them basics how can we trust him with better players?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree some of these players aren’t great, Pay picks them though, just like he’s got 5 wingers lining up this week from 1-5.

The main problem is getting them to gel, improving them which they are all capable of improving, and lets be honest we’re dead last and definitely not improving.

What is coach teaching them? When I learn and practice something I get better at it. Coach is out of his depth, if he can’t improve these players (at all) or teach them basics how can we trust him with better players?
Does he really have much choice though, especially now with Hoppa and Averillo injured? Even if you shuffle the deck chairs and play say Meaney at 1 and DWZ at 2 - have a look at our squad - who else is there? Holland had a shocker last week and has been excluded. Bringing in Montoya after a year out and no lower grades is risky but who else is there?

As for the rest of it, I’m not defending Pay but nor am I convinced he’s the only problem and sacking him for a caretaker is going to do much. We’ve all had average coaches including bosses and often it’s up to the initiative of the individual to move forward too.

What if there’s resentment that our million dollar man is trying to protect his chalk bones for a contract next year and not putting in as much as he could? Apart from the Steelers game he’s done very little since his return. Maybe we have a harmony problem in the squad and if so what’s the root of it? Is there any resentment over the outcome of the Port Mac scandal as some have suggested? I heard the players were filthy on their team mates, others believe something else.

Pay may well be replaced for next year if they can secure someone else and that’s fine but it has to be tied into squad changes too - no reactionary band-aids - there has to be a bigger plan and that’s what I feel is being worked on now despite what is and isn’t being said publicly and the associated media noise.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dinkum really, they took their foot off the gas coming into the finals?? Teams about to go around in September or still fighting to be there took it easy? I understand your point about players having their noses out of joint if not wanted and told about it, but wouldn't they be wanting to show other clubs they are worthwhile for a contract?

Mate, I absolutely love your passion and unwavering positive support, and you are the sort of bloke you want when its time to go to war, total commitment. But Lynnes comments about timing and decisions and other clubs we are shaping our rebuild around scares the shit out of me.

If you actually know what the "Grand Master Plan" is and that everything is going to be ok please PM me. Or post 2 smiley faces for yes you know what it is and everything is ok and under control, or 1 sad face for no I dont know anymore than anyone else on here....

Pinky swear I wont tell anyone

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
dinkum.JPG

Laughing face wasn't one of the options...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
DWZ at fullback was what pay wanted, so if he got reshuffled back there it should be counted as pay