News How two minutes of Sweet Caroline ruined remorseful Bulldog's career

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You make too much sense for a kennel poster
Thanks Punchbowl dog. Just keeping it real mate.

I just want to see the boys perform well on the field. So far this new board is doing well considering the mess the club was in before they took over. There’s been heaps of positives that people just overlook for some weird, unknown and strange reason.

1. They have quicken up the process of fixing the cap in 9 months. They have made deals to offload the dud Mbye and Woods and brought in some new fresh faces like CHN, Sue, Napa and Crichton.

2. They have made inroads and formed partnerships with quality junior bases throughout NSW to insure these kids want to play for the bulldogs and provided incentives to still live at home with mum and dad and finish their education and still be part of the bulldogs development program.

3. They have brought back Mark Hughes for recruitment. Mark Hughes was our recruitment manager when we had success in the past. He has links to a lot of talents scouts across Australia and NZ. Not to mention bringing back one of the best physios in Tony Ayoub.

4. They have acted quickly to replace our lost sponsors like Ultimate Security, Metro Petroleum and Waterview with many sponsors still lining up to sponsor us.

5. They have created a family program to look after the players wives and family, something the great P Moore was good at.

What more do people want in 9 months.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Met this bloke at the hospital a couple yrs back, good fella who was polite under extreme circumstances as he was on his own injured seeking medical treatment, not a club rep in sight to assist him duty of care not at Liverpool hospital
The club reps aren't going to go to every physio session, medical appointment etc.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Punchbowl dog. Just keeping it real mate.

I just want to see the boys perform well on the field. So far this new board is doing well considering the mess the club was in before they took over. There’s been heaps of positives that people just overlook for some weird, unknown and strange reason.

1. They have quicken up the process of fixing the cap in 9 months. They have made deals to offload the dud Mbye and Woods and brought in some new fresh faces like CHN, Sue, Napa and Crichton.

2. They have made inroads and formed partnerships with quality junior bases throughout NSW to insure these kids want to play for the bulldogs and provided incentives to still live at home with mum and dad and finish their education and still be part of the bulldogs development program.

3. They have brought back Mark Hughes for recruitment. Mark Hughes was our recruitment manager when we had success in the past. He has links to a lot of talents scouts across Australia and NZ. Not to mention bringing back one of the best physios in Tony Ayoub.

4. They have acted quickly to replace our lost sponsors like Ultimate Security, Metro Petroleum and Waterview with many sponsors still lining up to sponsor us.

5. They have created a family program to look after the players wives and family, something the great P Moore was good at.

What more do people want in 9 months.

If we were Parra I don't think even half of those things get done... I've been impressed with the way our new board operate... no messing about

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we were Parra I don't think even half of those things get done... I've been impressed with the way our new board operate... no messing about
One other thing I didn’t mention because I don’t know/have forgotten, but maybe some Kennelers in the know can help me out. I remember being told about it by a board member and remember some kind of benefit given to our juniors. It’s something introduced by this new board and it was along the lines of the juniors not having to pay for their registration fees anymore or something like that. I’ll find out exactly what it was, but I remember thinking it was a great move by our new board.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club reps aren't going to go to every physio session, medical appointment etc.
This is after a intrust game at Mounties, his at Liverpool hospital in half his playing gear, even at the workplace they accompany you for medical treatment

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct , I believe fine was not going to be re~signed prior to all this however he was ISP player at best fringe first grade no harm keeping around and as touched on above the club should be looking into his welfare ,here's a bloke willing to play and is not going down the compo , stress leave line people would go down in the corporate world
It looks tlike they are supporting him as it was mentioned in the article that he was doing classes at the bulldogs.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst we all agree what the telegraph did was pathetic , I can't blame board or management how they handled it .
One as mentioned you can't take on media and NRL, clubs are at their mercy , and the more you fight the more shit they will heap.

Regards to the punishments the club gave to the players , what do you expect , private function or not / caught by the media or not .. I know for a fact that I would be sacked if did nudie dance at my works Xmas party or any other function especially if reported by the media for whatever reason

This board has actually done good imo, I can see that they have a plan to fix the mess and build the club back up , look at Parra they are in yet another rebuild phase with no plans , tigers rebuilt somehwat one season and new coach yet again , titans still a mess , raiders big mess . Those 4 club have no clear stratgey, compared to the dogs

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d say breaking your hip had more to do with it than singing Sweet Caroline

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny, in this country and in this sport we pretend to give a shit about mental health but the media and some people have no issue destroying someone's life over a private party that hurt absolutely no one to satisfy their disdain for the Bulldogs jersey.
THIS!
1000000%
If you could shorten this and put it on a banner and display it at games, it would make me proud.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you want them to do? Tell the media about the disgrace of the media? It’s a lose lose situation. What the players did was wrong, you can’t cover that up! We can’t beat the NRL and the media, it’s a losing battle mate. How do we know that the NRL really fined the dogs, we don’t know that for sure, could be all media publicity to keep everyone happy, making it look like they fined us. I’ve never seen any NRL club fight the NRL and the media about bad publicity and come out winners. The media is a roaring beast that no one can take on. Did we ever get an apology for coffs harbour? Did the real truth ever come out? You can’t beat the media or the NRL. None of our boards have stood up to anything. Did we ever take the NRL to court for being over the cap in 2002? We could of, it’s called restriction of trade. Old boards or new boards, they can’t take on higher authority and win. It just never happens! The best and only thing to do is copp it and move on and focus to what is happening on the field.

You know the thing that really astounds me is when we want to believe what the media says, then we believe it, and when we don’t think the media is reporting things correctly then we don’t believe it. When all along we don’t know shit about what really happens behind closed doors, either at the NRL or at the dogs. We say the media reports bullshit, yet when it suits us then we believe what they write.

You don’t think behind close doors they comforted Elliot? If they didn’t care about player welfare he wouldn’t even be on the training paddock in offseason training. He looks fit, happy and healthy. I suggest everyone stop sooking and move on.

I can’t wait until the works of this new board start reaping rewards. I’ll be the first one to say I told you so. But by then everyone will be on the bandwagon praising them like typical hypocrites.
Are you a preacher or something, sick of hearing what’s right or wrong by fun police like you...fuck the media!...they’re in the business of misery and it’s all about making money, don’t kid yourself

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you a preacher or something, sick of hearing what’s right or wrong by fun police like you...fuck the media!...they’re in the business of misery and it’s all about making money, don’t kid yourself
What a twisted response!
I never said they’re not out there to make money, so how am I kidding myself?

If you’re sick about hearing stuff like that then don’t read my posts or better still don’t read forums. People have different opinions and views, if you can’t handle it then go get some treatment.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a twisted response!
I never said they’re not out there to make money, so how am I kidding myself?

If you’re sick about hearing stuff like that then don’t read my posts or better still don’t read forums. People have different opinions and views, if you can’t handle it then go get some treatment.
Yeah fair enough...I’m probably guilty of not reading your whole post but what the media did to Fine and Elliot is indefensible in my opinion...they don’t give a crap about the players welfare at all, it’s all about the money, the clicks, the selling of papers

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
supply and demand. If you're reading their articles, you are part of the problem... it's easy to complain about the media, and we all do, and yes they are scum.. but they don't exist, nor do such articles, without the audience.... fact is, the DT knows it gets a rise out of anything Bulldogs related, so we've got to ignore them, don't give them clicks, likes, shares, anything...

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
60+ women killed in domestic violence incidents for the year, but let's chase footy players having fun at a PRIVATE function. Bottom-feeding scum, limited-news journos.