News How two minutes of Sweet Caroline ruined remorseful Bulldog's career

DogBreath

New Pup
Reaction score
It's funny, in this country and in this sport we pretend to give a shit about mental health but the media and some people have no issue destroying someone's life over a private party that hurt absolutely no one to satisfy their disdain for the Bulldogs jersey.
Anything for a buck. Absolutely anything. A lot of them are spineless diseased cockroaches.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he gets through his injuries and picks up a decent contract soon. The media coverage of this non incident was beyond ridiculous. It took some serious stalker behaviour to capture the photos and I hope his lawyer can sue the scummy pricks in a big enough way that it discourages other scummy photographers from attempting similar stalking behaviour.

given the fact that the article says he's still getting involved with charity work alongside the bulldogs, I don't think they've wiped their hands of him. Ay the very least I hope they give him all the help with getting on field again even if they can't find space for him in the roster.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Seriously wish him all the best. DT are some real dirty dog *****

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck off media.... he wasn't not offered a contract because of this... he was not offered a contract because his hips in two pieces and there are big questions if it'll ever be right again.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shit fucking go by the media. Didn't he have a contract with Widnes ? Either way if he can't play the NRL should step in and help the bloke out with a community role

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great article pointing out the effects these tabloids have on a person when they seek to assassinate their character like that.

KE said it perfectly. The double standards in regards to mental health are alarming. They act like they care about player welfare but then are happy to continually villify players for very minor indiscretions sometimes which can lead to depression etc.

I hope Asepeli finds something else and can start helping himself and his family out again soon. Either way, he should hold his head up high because he's got nothing to apologise for or feel guilty about. He's just a victim of circumstance and got caught in the crossfire of paparazzi witch hunt unfortunately.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still think the Club should of also done more to stick up for the players ,guess this is why I have no faith in the people running the place at the moment.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hold anyone associated with the media in the same regard as murderers, rapists and pedophiles. They destroy lives for their own agenda. Fuck them all.
When you put it like that yeah same same

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should be asking him to train with us over the pre-season and give him a chance to at least, earn a second tier contract.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still think the Club should of also done more to stick up for the players ,guess this is why I have no faith in the people running the place at the moment.
Lynne Anderson was strong in her support of the boys. Hill was soft.
Unfortunately hills was the first voice anybody heard, and he’s just like Greenberg unless he has the board giving him marching orders.
When Anderson got back from OS she set the record straight.
I’m sure she didn’t mince words in the response to the NRL either, seeing as the fines were halved.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately hills was the first voice anybody heard, and he’s just like Greenberg unless he has the board giving him marching orders.
I’m sure she didn’t mince words in the response to the NRL either, seeing as the fines were halved.
Just cause lynne makes a strong statement to the media it doesnt mean she actually did anything,actions speak louder than words and as a whole the club was very disappointing in their lack of support

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think the fines were halved is because it was an overreaction by the NRL and media, in saying that would of loved if the club came out publicly and said something to defend those boys.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. I just feel so bad for the bloke because the asshole media may have cost him another contract.
I'm not sure it really did cost him a contract he is just a average ISP standard player that would have been struggling to get a contract even if this didn't happen.

If clubs give Mat Lodge a second contract they aren't going to black list Fine over the Mad Monday stuff.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't he a centre turned second row?
He is came over as centre who could play second row but he is defiantly a second rower now he bulked up and lost pace. He would be even slower now after the hip injury.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it really did cost him a contract he is just a average ISP standard player that would have been struggling to get a contract even if this didn't happen.

If clubs give Mat Lodge a second contract they aren't going to black list Fine over the Mad Monday stuff.
even Todd Carney could have played in 2019.... Sandor Earl could feature next year... Russell Packer, the list goes on.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
This is the straw that broke Klemmers wife's sack

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Far out. I’m sick of this crap. What do you want the club to do? What those players did was undefendable. Even if DT went to extremes to capture the photos, it was still on a freakin verandah naked. How dumb are Elliot and Fine!

If I was a board member, I’d be pretty pissed! You just can’t do those things anymore. It’s not 1985, it’s 2018. Players need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions. If you play for our club just know you’re gonna have a target in your back, don’t let us the supporters down. The only way to shut everyone up is to win premierships! And this goes out to the coaching staff and team managers as well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Shit fucking go by the media. Didn't he have a contract with Widnes ? Either way if he can't play the NRL should step in and help the bloke out with a community role
From what I've heard he did, but they pulled it when he shattered his hip bone because it's a season long recovery.