How to spend Mbye's cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would sign the morris twins for 1 or two years. They are guaranteed to play well, they are loved by the fans and the team. They never let us down.

I would prefer this, over taking a risk on new players. We need their stability and experience while rebuilding the rest of the team.

Just compare our right edge attack and defences to our left with the Morris twins. Night and day difference, they still play very damn well.
I like Blake Ferguson his off contract and Blake Austin, I think that’s our option

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With $800-$900k now available if you were the boss how would you spend it?

With Cogger and Meaney on their way to the club it is obvious that we see them 2 as the future 7 and 1. This still leaves 6 and 9 as a priority. With that in mind we could buy 2 players of around $400k each for 6 and 9, or put faith in the halves we have at the moment in Lewis, Frawley and JMK, to compliment Cogger, and go all out for a hooker. $800k for Cook (even though we could've kept him for much less) seems to me to be the best way to spend the cash. I would love a Rockstar fullback or Cleary, but in reality at this point, unless we can medically retire Foran and have an extra million to spend it is only 1 player we can buy. If we free up Foran's money then I would go all out for Cleary. In my opinion no other 7 or 9 are worth the money, even though they would all be better than what we currently have in those 2 positions.

For the record, despite his drop in form I would keep Woods. We will need his size and leadership when we have no experience in our spine next year. Mbye's and Foran's money should be enough for us to fill our 7 and 9. The positions we desperately need filled.

Thoughts?
I'd hire a hitman to take out des, dib and cuntsle.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis should be a priority, he has the gene pool to be a success and has shown snippets of it.He is also a communicator on the field and that is desperately needed.Would keep some coin in the chest in case some junior jumps out of the box in the next couple of years.The rest should be put on the bar for the supporters !!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thinking out of the box a bit, Cam Smith still has not resigned with Melbourne. If Bellamy goes he has no reason to stay so if u could get him at a good price for a year or two with no rep football might be worth doing. Means u can bring in some younger halves who he can teach game management to(since he is pretty much onfield coach at Melbourne)
No no no no no. Can you see Cam Smith ending his career with the hapless Dogs. Hed rather cut his head off. He will end his career at Melbourne or follow Bellamy to Brisbane where he might move back to after footy, with a leg up to being Bellyaches coaching assistant after his career finishes.

2019 like this year is a clean out and set a course year. We can be mildly competitive - maybe win nearly half our games with a view to assembling a truly competitive squad.

Id let Woods go - he is truly disappointing - Australian prop last year not even considered for SOO. Cronulla want him so let them have him even if we have to pay a little of the freight for 2 more years. Id also explore every possibility of medically retiring Foran. Such moves would then allow us to retain the Morris sisters and let them end their career for 2 more seasons with us- Id also have Brett playing some fullback during games and FRONT END a couple of contracts to free up a very significant cap space including the Morris boys money in 2021. Andrew Hill and Board are you listening?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
We need to spend it on paying out Montoya’s contract first and foremost.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
the salary cap is a fucking joke it has never worked and will never work i dont care what anyone says
It does work, well it did until this TPA come in and connected clubs can spend 1 million over it. Broncos, roosters, melb .

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would sign the morris twins for 1 or two years. They are guaranteed to play well, they are loved by the fans and the team. They never let us down.

I would prefer this, over taking a risk on new players. We need their stability and experience while rebuilding the rest of the team.

Just compare our right edge attack and defences to our left with the Morris twins. Night and day difference, they still play very damn well.

Josh is well past his used by date!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Promote Lewis to the first grade side to shut everyone up

Sick of hearing everyone dribble shit every year about promoting 2nd grade players

In 10 years on the kennel none of the Nuffies the kennel want promoted ever become anything

Please promote Lewis
To shut up the freaks calling for him to play firsts

Status
Not open for further replies.