How to spend Mbye's cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With $800-$900k now available if you were the boss how would you spend it?

With Cogger and Meaney on their way to the club it is obvious that we see them 2 as the future 7 and 1. This still leaves 6 and 9 as a priority. With that in mind we could buy 2 players of around $400k each for 6 and 9, or put faith in the halves we have at the moment in Lewis, Frawley and JMK, to compliment Cogger, and go all out for a hooker. $800k for Cook (even though we could've kept him for much less) seems to me to be the best way to spend the cash. I would love a Rockstar fullback or Cleary, but in reality at this point, unless we can medically retire Foran and have an extra million to spend it is only 1 player we can buy. If we free up Foran's money then I would go all out for Cleary. In my opinion no other 7 or 9 are worth the money, even though they would all be better than what we currently have in those 2 positions.

For the record, despite his drop in form I would keep Woods. We will need his size and leadership when we have no experience in our spine next year. Mbye's and Foran's money should be enough for us to fill our 7 and 9. The positions we desperately need filled.

Thoughts?

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would sign the morris twins for 1 or two years. They are guaranteed to play well, they are loved by the fans and the team. They never let us down.

I would prefer this, over taking a risk on new players. We need their stability and experience while rebuilding the rest of the team.

Just compare our right edge attack and defences to our left with the Morris twins. Night and day difference, they still play very damn well.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1) hang onto Woods it will keep our pack solid and competitive

2) Keep the Morris Bros

3) All available cap space after this needs to go towards the spine because at present our 2019 spine will consist of a combination of Frawley JMK Lichaa Meaney Cogger Foran .. the club may as well just take a years holiday from the NRL in 2019

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Moses leaving won't free up that much lol. Besides there's fuck all available atm, just pick up a couple of the best rookies available like Katoa or Brailey and then sit back and wait for some talent to hit the market like the Knights did.

Hopefully there's some truth to the Taupau rumours as i'd love to have him back and slot him in right next to Klemmer. Cya woods, cya Tolman.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay some young guys minimum wage for 1 year at a time so you can have your full cap available at any time to spring on contract expired Cleary, Ash Taylor, Munster, or any other young halves that come up.

Dogs are desperate for a proper healthy half. The best we had was Reynolds and Hodkinson for that short period where they were both solid, but overall one of them was always injured and the other was always inconsistent.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thinking out of the box a bit, Cam Smith still has not resigned with Melbourne. If Bellamy goes he has no reason to stay so if u could get him at a good price for a year or two with no rep football might be worth doing. Means u can bring in some younger halves who he can teach game management to(since he is pretty much onfield coach at Melbourne)

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moses leaving won't free up that much lol. Besides there's fuck all available atm, just pick up a couple of the best rookies available like Katoa or Brailey and then sit back and wait for some talent to hit the market like the Knights did.

Hopefully there's some truth to the Taupau rumours as i'd love to have him back and slot him in right next to Klemmer. Cya woods, cya Tolman.
Its not just Mbye, but us paying for players at other clubs will be freed up by the end of the year.

They add up in the end.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its not just Mbye, but us paying for players at other clubs will be freed up by the end of the year.

They add up in the end.
Incorrect. Apparently that money is already spent. We only have Mbye's money free at the moment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

They add up in the end.
It has already been added up according to Hill, that is the point a few of you guys are missing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I bet Mbye has a man of the match parting gift performance for us tomorrow ‍♂

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Incorrect. Apparently that money is already spent. We only have Mbye's money free at the moment.
It’s funny how you defiantly say “incorrect”, and follow it up with “apparently”

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Just go to the pacific islands and round up as many sullies possible.
You can get two first grade teams for the price of one?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SIONE KATOA from sharks plz. We should have never let him go. He still lives in the area and his brother plays for the dogs. Ran into him the other day and he said he is seriously considering a return to the dogs (not sure if this means he has been approached). Surely 150k a year is a massive pay rise from what he is currently getting.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
SIONE KATOA from sharks plz. We should have never let him go. He still lives in the area and his brother plays for the dogs. Ran into him the other day and he said he is seriously considering a return to the dogs (not sure if this means he has been approached). Surely 150k a year is a massive pay rise from what he is currently getting.
Oh no, now Danny Weidler has a scoop for the afternoon news if he reads this?

Status
Not open for further replies.