How to lose an origin match 1A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
a field goal is one kick. A field goal is useful in maybe once every 20 matches.

Every other time you go into a match with brett finch he will be absolutely useless. A halfback isnt in the side to kick a field goal primarily.

setting up a try for willie mason?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
danzz said:
not a rule

common sense

try using it

its a free country mate

just because you take origin seriously, doesnt mean everyone has to

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
its a free country mate

FFS MR R, COMMON SENSE, GET SOME!! :D

I :love: you

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
its a free country mate

=S the only thing people take seriously around here is bagging out anasta and finch

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
danzz said:
=S the only thing people take seriously around here is bagging out anasta and finch
for obvious reasons,(we are bulldogs fans above all)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Belmore-Bulldog said:
FFS MR R, COMMON SENSE, GET SOME!! :D

I :love: you
lol i think i deserved that comment:(

especially after my "when you take steroids, do you still have to work out?" thread:p

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
It hurts me to say it, but on tonight's performance, surely O'Meley must have some say in this class ?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Brissy Bulldog said:
It hurts me to say it, but on tonight's performance, surely O'Meley must have some say in this class ?
o meley did get owned

but the queensland guys were able to hit him low and in the gut area with drive

thats the way to bring down o meley everytime

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah it's okay for o'meley to have a bad game.. he's not a roosters player
:rolleyes:

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
danzz said:
yeah it's okay for o'meley to have a bad game.. he's not a roosters player
:rolleyes:
Admittedly O'Meley was pretty poor in last nights game... But so what?! Is he poor week in, week out? Is he as inconsistant as some other players? Is he controlling a team who can't make the top 8 or string a few wins together? Are there better options for impact players in the game? Was his decision to be included in the line up met with screams of disbelief from anyone who doesn't support the roosters?

P.S. You gotta love that signature Stevie! :grinning:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:
Admittedly O'Meley was pretty poor in last nights game... But so what?! Is he poor week in, week out? Is he as inconsistant as some other players? Is he controlling a team who can't make the top 8 or string a few wins together? Are there better options for impact players in the game? Was his decision to be included in the line up met with screams of disbelief from anyone who doesn't support the roosters?

P.S. You gotta love that signature Stevie! :grinning:
macsta sent me the link on msn and i couldnt resist the urge to use it :grinning:

A

atomic_crimson

finch sent mason a pass.... not hard for mason to run over bowen was it? hardly any genius in it...

as for the field goal... anasta was lined up... if he potted it over then you would be jerkin gover anasta...

they did fark all in origin 1.... if there was a decent halves poairing it would not have had to come down to a field goal.... soon as NSW big men came off... QLD came back... anasta and finch's fifth tackle options became predictable and couldn't come up with anything..

yes shrek had a poor game... all of nsw did... however shrek actually performs at club level and WARRANTS his position on the NSW team....

had the halves actually had a clue how to pass then i dont think nsw would have turned possesion over 9 times out of ten...

in the end JKeh? summed it up at a meeting with the dogs last year in regards to anasta.... he asked noad .... "can our new 5/8 pass?"

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
as for the field goal... anasta was lined up... if he potted it over then you would be jerking over anasta...
As was B. Hodgson.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact remains NSW didnt score a try after 20 mins in Origin 1, and scored in the last few minutes in Origin 2. Thats over 2 FREAKIN hours where they didnt score a try.

and yeah Finch scored a field goal to win the game, but NSW shouldnt of been in the position to rely on a field goal to win the game in the first place.

WE were leading 14-0 at halftime, then dropped off

QLD were leading 14-0 at halftime yesterday, but went on with it.

So id drop Finch for Orford, keep Anasta though.

The forwards have to have a good look at themselves too, they were simply dominated from the first minute. Its obvious QLD wanted to minimise Mason's impact, tactics need to be put in plasce to counter that

also if O'meley doest have good games in the next couple of weeks then he shouldnt get picked. He was pretty poor

Skax

Waterboy
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
Your lecturer will be Brett Finch, your tutor will be Braith Anasta.

Week 1: How to drop a ball
Week 2: How to throw a bad pass
Week 3: How to throw the ball at your own players head
Week 4: How to crack under pressure
Week 5: How to go M.I.A when the heat is on

Under the lecturers orders the remaining course will be worked out as we go, meaning the rest of the semester will probably be a shambles.
I think Mason should be ready to relive if necessary. He usually fires up for an origin but last night he was crap. Disappointing.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Skax said:
I think Mason should be ready to relive if necessary. He usually fires up for an origin but last night he was crap. Disappointing.
Didnt mason make like 115 meters?

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skax said:
After humiliating and making the Qld forwards look like girls in Origin 1 it was obvious that he was going to be targeted. He was a marked man and every time he touched the ball he had 3-4 defenders on him. Considering the amount of attention he was gettin IMO he played well.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
How can you defend Finch and Anasta? I said it after Origin 1 and will say it again, a field goal doesn't warrant a good performance. It warrants luck LOL...The truth is, even if we did need to win with a field goal, Hodgson, any other half ror 5/8th, Buderus or even Mason could have kicked that Field Goal for ****s sake.

Had our halves been better, we would have been able to stay in the game...Anasta and finch are shocking. Not because they are Roosters, but because they are ****, and even their own fans say so. When Kimmorley was ****, he also got a gobful from the NSW faithful. How come we didn't bag Johns out, even when NSW lost? No one bagged him out when QLD cracked NSW 36-6 in game 3 '03....Or even Gower in 04...No one bagged him out. He tried his guts out and did well for the blues in game 1 '04...Or Barret?...

Don't defend the undefendable..

As for O'meley...well...He didn't play his best, but when he knew his attack wasn't as good, he defended valiantly and tried to make up for his lack of attacking power...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give Stevie the Halfback job. Im sure that carrot head wanna be lebo would do much better then the father loving Finch :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.