How This club is in a bad state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone remember from 2012-17 josh Reynolds was saying in a interview he loves the dogs so much he would play for free or less money cause he loves us so much well that was all crap or when mbye said in 2014-2015 he would like to remain a dog for life and we let go all our halves and 5/8s to keep him. failed!!

Lichaa wanting to play for the dogs and under dean pay believes he can find his NYC form like when he was in Cronulla... I haven't watched him in lower grades but if this is it wtf were people thinking

Or how we spent big money on woods and now wanna offload him

Or how barba apparently had drama with Jamal idris and were fighting at training idris left us then 2013 barba faked his injury not to play with us and I know he faked it cause I saw him at Cronulla dancing and drinking at Northies and another dogs fan confronted him and he said to the guy na different kind of injury shit excuse

We let go of Shaun lane Marty Tapau dale finucane because of t-Rex Williams Now look ones a decent forward the other is a power house running forward and the other one is a work horse who's won a title with Melbourne

From a grand final team of 2012 and 2014
We lost everyone but josh Morris klemmer and josh Jackson tolman 4 bloody people left everyone else is gone dogs need to breed new talent fast if we want to get anywhere in the comp... big fail now in 2018 we have nothing no fullback massive cap issues and these days I don't believe any players word in interviews about dogs

2008 we came last but we didn't have cap issues so the following year they bought players like crazy and in 2009 we made semis but unfortunately we haven't got money next year to buy great players it's so sad I hope we can bounce back if any of you guys have anymore stories tell them maybe just maybe a dogs board or worker or team/coach sees this

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What is the point of naval gazing about players lost to other clubs for the $$$$.
Believe me there is & has been so much bullshit spoken our salary cap woes it is ridiculous and has destroyed any team moral & harmony this season.
What is the logic of getting rid of Woods without a quality prop to replace him?
Way do many ducks & drakes being played with the team, members & fans.
My advice to the new board, just be fucking honest!!
Simple rule of thumb, honesty will set you free.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rugby League has changed... it's all about money over mateship these days. About betting results over actual results.

Loyalty is dead.
I think his point is, look how bad our recruiting and retention of players has been

It’s yet another thread outlining what we all know already

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think his point is, look how bad our recruiting and retention of players has been

It’s yet another thread outlining what we all know already
and it's only going to get worse for a few seasons because we keep giving players away.

Even when we DO get back on our feet, who is going to want to sign to a club where players are shopped around without their consent.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
*waves* *uncle nick* *waves*
If the NRL actually cared about its salary or had the will to implement effective rules & controls they could put uncle Nick out of business.
But point taken.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were in a much better position in 2008 because we had guys like Idris and Barba getting a taste and being blooded into first grade and we had a shit tonne of cap space to rebuild the rest of the team for the 09. Also games were at least entertaining to watch , we lost games with scores like 52-34 and 36-22. Our current team struggles to score over 10 points now, let alone 34.
Ah well gotta keep the faith, we'll suffer now but eventually we'll be back to being a good side.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone remember from 2012-17 josh Reynolds was saying in a interview he loves the dogs so much he would play for free or less money cause he loves us so much well that was all crap or when mbye said in 2014-2015 he would like to remain a dog for life and we let go all our halves and 5/8s to keep him. failed!!

Lichaa wanting to play for the dogs and under dean pay believes he can find his NYC form like when he was in Cronulla... I haven't watched him in lower grades but if this is it wtf were people thinking

Or how barba apparently had drama with Jamal idris and were fighting at training idris left us then 2013 barba faked his injury not to play with us and I know he faked it cause I saw him at Cronulla dancing and drinking at Northies and another dogs fan confronted him and he said to the guy na different kind of injury shit excuse

We let go of Shaun lane Marty Tapau dale finucane because of t-Rex Williams Now look ones a decent forward the other is a power house running forward and the other one is a work horse who's won a title with Melbourne

We lost everyone but josh Morris klemmer and josh Jackson tolman 4 bloody people left everyone else is gone dogs need to breed new talent fast if we want to get anywhere in the comp... big fail now in 2018 we have nothing no fullback massive cap issues and these days I don't believe any players word in interviews about dogs

2008 we came last but we didn't have cap issues so the following year they bought players like crazy and in 2009 we made semis but unfortunately we haven't got money next year to buy great players it's so sad I hope we can bounce back if any of you guys have anymore stories tell them maybe just maybe a dogs board or worker or team/coach sees this
Reynolds, fatman, eastwood, tolman, Morris twins, mbye should have been let go much earlier. Retention of these players past their used by date held the club back on false belief that a premiership was imminent. Floppa, lichaa, foran, woods should never have been signed. It really is a smelly and unbalanced squad and many of those recruited to the club were desperate signings.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You’re forgetting Eastwood too. He chose trex and beast over the others knowing clearly beasts best was behind him.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We were in a much better position in 2008 because we had guys like Idris and Barba getting a taste and being blooded into first grade and we had a shit tonne of cap space to rebuild the rest of the team for the 09. Also games were at least entertaining to watch , we lost games with scores like 52-34 and 36-22. Our current team struggles to score over 10 points now, let alone 34.
Ah well gotta keep the faith, we'll suffer now but eventually we'll be back to being a good side.
And 0-54, 4-54 from memory... that 08 team was a contender for one of the worst sides ever by the end of that year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We knew we had plenty of issues going into the season. There is not much that can be done about it this season. And us shopping players because we have to, isnt likely to be team morale positive

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and it's only going to get worse for a few seasons because we keep giving players away.

Even when we DO get back on our feet, who is going to want to sign to a club where players are shopped around without their consent.
None of our players are being shopped around by the club. Mbye got a better offer then we were prepared to pay.

You are a fine propaganda machine.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont expect a 2009 in 2019

Quality of recruits is chalk and cheese:

2009 Ennis Jmoz Hannant Stagg Eastwood VS
2019 recruits: Cogger & Meaney

Status
Not open for further replies.