News How the Bulldogs will be salary cap compliant for 2023 after Mahoney signing

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the thing, isn't it? All about clicks in the news these days and the dogs are widely followed but at the same time widely hated.

Poaching Barrett and Gould from the Panthers makes us bigger news, so any newspaper will be pushing Bulldog news simply to get people to click.

Fuck em. A team that got the wooden spoon is more relevant than premiership winners and the rest of the comp.

Fuck em
I love it. It means theyre fearing us again.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love it. It means theyre fearing us again.
Exactly. Couldn't care less about all of this shit.

They love to bash the dogs, and being truthful, we've given them plenty of ammunition to do that.

But, the league is worried. Clear as day. We're coming up that hill and they better watch out cause not only are we bringing in some great players, not only are we starting to see some youth players come through, not only is our board and all of our men behind the scenes absolutely killing it.

Not only all of this ... We've got the sexiest mother fucking coach in the comp. They'll be crying in their cornflakes every morning

Dakdah

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So which of the 5 juniors do we think will be 1st grade ready in 2023?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
still think thompson could be our best forward, has all the attributes to be the perfect prop in the modern game. i think he will be awesome this year with more help around him in the forward pack. more concerned with moving on players like allen, waddell, flanagan who are plodders and on over $300k each and replacing them with minimum wage juniors
Spot on!

Reading the shit reported I’d much rather us pay half of Allen’s contract (reported at 450/500k) then 100k/200k of cotrics.

I think if cotric frees up 400k (doubt it’s all under cap) I’d prefer losing Allen and freeing 200/250k.

Ditto Waddell/Flanagan and their deals.

Keep cotric.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supporting junior development was always the Bulldogs strongest point but has been neglected for the past few seasons to our detriment, but not anymore, back to the future we go!
Roll on 2022!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love how uncle Arthur pays all our players a sponsored appearance fee to show up and drink beers at his pubs, who wouldn't want to sign up for that... we don't even need brown paper bags like the rooters.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on!

Reading the shit reported I’d much rather us pay half of Allen’s contract (reported at 450/500k) then 100k/200k of cotrics.

I think if cotric frees up 400k (doubt it’s all under cap) I’d prefer losing Allen and freeing 200/250k.

Ditto Waddell/Flanagan and their deals.

Keep cotric.
The only issue is will anyone want Allan? I can see him signing for the dolphins for 2023. I would love Cotric to stay but he is an attractive asset to offload.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The only issue is will anyone want Allan? I can see him signing for the dolphins for 2023. I would love Cotric to stay but he is an attractive asset to offload.
You said it all. Dolphins 100% would.

We are fine for 22!

I can’t see kikau or Mahoney getting released for 23. Eels and panthers won’t wanna surely.

Allen goes 23. Chip what we need. Probz won’t need to do as much. Dolphins would be getting desperate too. Wayne loves him.

While we might not love Allen, let’s not forget bloke played for Qld and isn’t completely shit. He was surrounded by it and like cotric didn’t shine.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You said it all. Dolphins 100% would.

We are fine for 22!

I can’t see kikau or Mahoney getting released for 23. Eels and panthers won’t wanna surely.

Allen goes 23. Chip what we need. Probz won’t need to do as much. Dolphins would be getting desperate too. Wayne loves him.

While we might not love Allen, let’s not forget bloke played for Qld and isn’t completely shit. He was surrounded by it and like cotric didn’t shine.
As you said, I hope Dolphins get desperate and sign him. It would be a safe good signing for them, he is ok. It was panic buy and hasn’t paid off. Wasn’t he highly rated as a junior?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just love how uncle Arthur pays all our players a sponsored appearance fee to show up and drink beers at his pubs, who wouldn't want to sign up for that... we don't even need brown paper bags like the rooters.
He's doing that? Brilliant

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As you said, I hope Dolphins get desperate and sign him. It would be a safe good signing for them, he is ok. It was panic buy and hasn’t paid off. Wasn’t he highly rated as a junior?
Yeh Wayne had big wraps On him.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad Arthur said he will keep Mahoney in reggies if he signs anywhere else.
Wonder if he will, or will he release him early?
I think there is a real possibility Mahoney might be here in this pre-season. I think Parra’s need for an outside back could see a swap deal with Cotric.

I would love to see Cotric stay next to the talent we have bought. He is still young and will be a very good player for years to come. I think he is the only enticing option we have unfortunately. It would be great if that swap could be with Allan.