Status
Not open for further replies.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inside story on how Tedesco nearly signed with Bulldogs
Author
Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
All the lights were off. It was almost 10pm at Belmore Sportsground in March last year.

Des Hasler had gone home for the night, not a player or staff member in sight.

Then James Tedesco and Aaron Woods, who will square off against each other for their respective new clubs on Friday night, drove into the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs' headquarters.

Former chairman Ray Dib was waiting to give them and their manager Isaac Moses a secret tour of the club's facilities. Even the then chief executive, Raelene Castle, was unaware. The coach was unaware.

They walked into the cold and dark Belmore dressing rooms, where only a few hours earlier the Bulldogs players had finished for the day.

There were two Bulldogs jerseys hanging from the ceiling.

One with "Woods" on the back. The other, "Tedesco".

Mitchell Moses wasn't there that night, but the intention was that in the coming weeks, all three would sign on the dotted line for the Bulldogs.
"I love playing with Mitch," Tedesco told NRL.com.

"He's one of my best mates. I wanted to play footy with him."

So after their confidential meeting in the eerie silence of a vacant Belmore Sportsground, the chairman organised for Tedesco and Woods to meet Hasler.

For Woods, a prop, the question of who was to wear the No.7 jersey wasn't as vital in his decision making as it was to a fullback like Tedesco.

He wanted to know. And he wanted to know if it could be Moses.

A few statements about his defence and it became apparent to Tedesco that Moses wasn't in the coach's plans.
That was all but the end of Tedesco's interest and the end of the chairman's hopes of landing the trio in a multimillion-dollar package deal.

They wanted the three of them. In the end, they got one, and Kieran Foran's signature would follow in the coming months.

"The Bulldogs were an option for me," Tedesco said.

"And the Roosters were an option for me. But at the end of the day, I thought Roosters were the best fit for me.

"Speaking to Robbo (coach Trent Robinson) and Mini (Anthony Minichiello) as well, he was a big factor for me to benefit my game. At the end of the day, the Roosters were the best option for me and that's why I chose here."

Tedesco won't be the only one in the Roosters team at Allianz Stadium on Friday night that could have been a Bulldog.

It turns out centre Latrell Mitchell also trialled with the club as a 16-year-old.

Apparently, he wasn't good enough. He never received a phone call back after being invited down to trial by then recruitment manager Noel Cleal.

Talk about the ones that got away.

I know, it's old news, it just rubs it in what a germ hasler was and fucking dib for allowing it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a few holes in Tedesco's story.

He wanted to play alongside Moses but then went to the Roosters because they were the best fir for him.

Tedesco can play wherever he wants so he shouldn't come out with stories trying to justify what he did.

N

Natboy

How cheesy do the jerseys with their names hanging up sound?
I’m surprised he didn’t give them a 2 metre stuffed bulldog like the teddy bears you see in Lebanese sweet shops & florists

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
F#ck Tabasco. I hope we steam role them and that way he can shove his Chooks up Poitis' rectum.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was driving down Victoria Road near Top Ryde and I pulled up next to Teddy who was driving with I think Luke Keary (I remember thinking it was Daniel Mortimer but he is overseas isn't he?). He was driving a pretty lame looking CRV or something.

Definitely needs some brown paper bags full of cash.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Typical copy and paste story we've read a thousand times before. Belongs in the Trash Bin.

Tedesco picked money over everything else... simple really.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
F*ck Tedesco and F*ck Mitchell. Mbye will be huge for us I reckon. Mitchell is just a plain dumb ****.

But yes, I see your point :grinning:
Mbye will evolve into a better fullback than Tedesco IMHO.....and he is no doubt a better, more humble guy too. Teddy was no great loss at all.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but.... I can just imagine now what Des would have said when Tedesco asked about the Halfback. Mbye is our Halfback, why would we need to change. Yes that would have scared Tedesco off. so he signs with the Roosters that had Pearce, much better club half than Mbye.

can see that happening.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stories like this are like bacon. You may appreciate it once but after you've digested it once it's just shit or vomit. It makes me sad that league reporters can't talk well enough about league to just do a game preview.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah, personally I will never be that sad that we missed out on him. Any player that holds his signature as ransom can get fuked IMO. His best days are behind him anyway and we have Frawley now so haha

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
but.... I can just imagine now what Des would have said when Tedesco asked about the Halfback. Mbye is our Halfback, why would we need to change. Yes that would have scared Tedesco off. so he signs with the Roosters that had Pearce, much better club half than Mbye.

can see that happening.
Don't you mean, "Teddy we have a more than a capable halfback in Tolman so we are covered in that area....cheers mate!"

Reactions: DT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I heard was Blah Blah Blah brown paper bags, Ferrari or Kia and endless amounts of what ever u want to satisfy your needs (looking down at crotch)

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad we are starting this season with 0 points rather than negatives like Dib seemed to be going for. Realistically we could never afford the 3 of them together. We couldn’t afford one of them and Foran without letting go of multiple contracted players.

Status
Not open for further replies.