How scary will 2015 Origin Series time be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Possible players for origin next year, some probable:

Morris, Morris, Hod, Reynolds, TRex, Jackson.

I hope none of them get picked. But you know at very least the Mozzes will be.

We will be tested at origin time again next year, maybe worse than this year, and we all know how that went.

They need to change the scheduling for origin so no teams miss players for the origin series. But they wont.

If they dont play games during origin they would have to cut rounds from the comp. And they wont do that coz of the $$$ they would lose. $$$ will always win over player welfare and comp fairness. Teams who perform best get punished most. Sad really.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I think possibly even Lafai/Finucane could get chosen next year.

Our backline depth would be Loko, Stanley, Thompson, Rona, McInally, Tasi, and possibly Phillips. Might even be more.
Halves depth would be Mbye, Cook, maybe Jaline Graham.
Forwards.. well, everyone knows we're fine in that department ;)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Our backline depth would be Loko, Stanley, Thompson, Rona, McInally, Tasi, and possibly Phillips. Might even be more.
Thank god graham is a pom

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson and Reynolds won't be picked again if their form stays the way it does. NSW aren't like QLD and aren't exactly loyal to incumbent players.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson and Reynolds won't be picked again if their form stays the way it does. NSW aren't like QLD and aren't exactly loyal to incumbent players.
TBH i hope ur right. Quite happy for Piss and Baloney to be picked next year, now NSW finally got a win. We dont need that disruption again.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely they will stay with the incumbents though. I too hope they dont get picked. It disrupted our season big tym.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If the Morris twins, Reynolds, Hodkinson, Jackson and T-Rex all make Origin then our team would look something like this-

01. Corey Thompson
02. Sam Perrett
03. Tim Lafai (k)
04. Jacob Loko
05. Curtis Rona
06. Chase Stanley
07. Moses Mbye
08. Aidan Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. James Graham (c)
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Dale Finucane

14. Sam Kasiano
15. David Klemmer
16. Tim Browne
17. Pat O'Hanlon

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Morris twins, Reynolds, Hodkinson, Jackson and T-Rex all make Origin then our team would look something like this-

01. Corey Thompson
02. Sam Perrett
03. Tim Lafai (k)
04. Jacob Loko
05. Curtis Rona
06. Chase Stanley
07. Moses Mbye
08. Aidan Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. James Graham (c)
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Dale Finucane

14. Sam Kasiano
15. David Klemmer
16. Tim Browne
17. Pat O'Hanlon
Considering who we are missing not the worst line-up ever. O'Hanlon has a long way to go to get his leg right though you would think?

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't see Finucane, and Klemmer has to be in the picture if he is in the Australian squad.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
To be totally honest we might be devastated by origin or hardly affected at all.
If our halves don't improve on the post origin form from this year there is no way they'll be selected next year.
Jackson, Kelmmer and TRex are possible selections but by no means definates
Even Josh Morris is no certainty given the form of Dylan Walker over the last half of the year. He is now the Australian centre and the benchmark.
The only real certainty is Brett and we've been without a top shelf winger for years anyway

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I do think it's also a bot weak for us to now cry foul over origin scheduling after we have been largely unaffected by it, perhaps even benefitted from it, until last year.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget you can usually throw in a couple of injuries and suspensions to other squad members at the same time. Will be a terrible time unless the draw gives a helping hand

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like we were not really prepared for origin this year or the aftermath .we gots a full of season to work that 1 out.we will have a bit more depth in nsw cup and hopefully they are a lot more competitive and playing a similar game plan as the first grade squad. This should make covering for origin a lot more smoother. Very interesting times ahead as it seems there will be quite a few players playing for spots

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Pfffft , Trex - who would pick him for origin ? We can only get 6 good games out of him a year

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I reckon even JMoz will struggle to hold onto his spot. Walker is getting a huge push for rep honours.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't think our halves will be picked. They won't win Origin without Hayne.

The good thing is that if they are picked at least this time around we should get a more favourable draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.