News How Paul Alamoti embraced a culture of connection in Belmore

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How Paul Alamoti embraced a culture of connection in Belmore.
(Source: The Inner Sanctum)

The environment of rugby league encompasses growing and surrounding itself around Paul Alamoti, welcoming every challenge and opportunity that is natural in the course of becoming one of the most exciting and best players in the NRL.

After extending his contract to the end of the 2024 NRL season, Alamoti is continuing to stay ready for his name to be called up when it is time.

At the age of 19, Alamoti is starting to get his feet wet in his first year in the top 30 squad of the Canterbury Bulldogs with a strong desire to make his debut and stay in the starting lineup.

“[I want to] play as much NRL as I can. Didn’t get a taste of it last year and I want to play as many games as I can and put my best foot forward for the club,” Alamoti told The Inner Sanctum.

Alamoti’s arrival at the first-grade level also came with a new coach Cameron Ciraldo, who solidified himself as a two-time premiership assistant coach at the Penrith Panthers.

Since Ciraldo’s arrival, Alamoti immediately identified the biggest revelation about the difference in the culture at the club being in a healthier space.

“Connection is what Ciraldo is all about. That is what the team activities are about, being a tight-knit group, a brotherhood,” Alamoti said.

The centre has also been a big fan of the personal relationship he has with his new coach. Being honest with him and working together side-by-side to improve his game, and being upfront about what he expects of him on the football field.

“He [Ciraldo] has helped me massively with my defence, that was my biggest Achilles heel last year and I had a massive focus this pre-season, and he knew that too,” Alamoti said.

The core the Bulldogs are building has come from very persuasive and high-end recruitment, landing Josh Addo-Carr and Matt Burton in 2022 and Reed Mahoney and Villame Kikau this past off-season to start their journey.

Alamoti sees this core of experienced players in a very positive manner, looking to them for anything that allows him to pave the way for success and build trust with them.

“They have been guiding. On the field, Fox [Josh Addo-Carr] gives little tips, and Kikau has been massive as well on how I can get better,” he said.

A step further the Bulldogs have gone in their development and reigning the Dogs culture is bringing in former players of the club to training in the pre-season.

The likes of Willie Mason and Andrew Ryan have been present at Belmore and have had a very significant impact on Alamoti immediately in the way they invite togetherness and belonging, as well as finding individual identity in the team.

“Willie Mason is someone I’ve been close with, he’s pulled me aside a few times and spoken to me about how I can be a professional,” Alamoti said.

“Andrew Ryan was my Under 19s State of Origin coach last year, and I’ve had a close connection with him as well since then.”

The return of former Bulldogs player Josh Reynolds, who was given a train and trial contract before receiving a top 30 spot before trials, had Alamoti excited and also recognised the DNA of the club that Reynolds possesses.

“He’s the heart and soul of the club, and what he’s brought to the club is the Bulldogs DNA,” he said.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way Paul starts...

Needs to work on his defence in Cup and if he improves I'm sure he'll be called up to first grade later in the year

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
No way Paul starts...

Needs to work on his defence in Cup and if he improves I'm sure he'll be called up to first grade later in the year
Barring injury, he will be starting. He has been training in the left centre position for the first grade team all off season

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’ll start. It’s his position to lose.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching manly last night, I think we have a long way to go if we are to be competitive, considering some of the players in our ranks.
The game against the Sharks should give us some idea of how the team is shaping up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching manly last night, I think we have a long way to go if we are to be competitive, considering some of the players in our ranks.
The game against the Sharks should give us some idea of how the team is shaping up.
We are not far behind if we're not on par tbh.. I even think we are better but like you said Sunday will be a better judge.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How Paul Alamoti embraced a culture of connection in Belmore.
(Source: The Inner Sanctum)

The environment of rugby league encompasses growing and surrounding itself around Paul Alamoti, welcoming every challenge and opportunity that is natural in the course of becoming one of the most exciting and best players in the NRL.

After extending his contract to the end of the 2024 NRL season, Alamoti is continuing to stay ready for his name to be called up when it is time.

At the age of 19, Alamoti is starting to get his feet wet in his first year in the top 30 squad of the Canterbury Bulldogs with a strong desire to make his debut and stay in the starting lineup.

“[I want to] play as much NRL as I can. Didn’t get a taste of it last year and I want to play as many games as I can and put my best foot forward for the club,” Alamoti told The Inner Sanctum.

Alamoti’s arrival at the first-grade level also came with a new coach Cameron Ciraldo, who solidified himself as a two-time premiership assistant coach at the Penrith Panthers.

Since Ciraldo’s arrival, Alamoti immediately identified the biggest revelation about the difference in the culture at the club being in a healthier space.

“Connection is what Ciraldo is all about. That is what the team activities are about, being a tight-knit group, a brotherhood,” Alamoti said.

The centre has also been a big fan of the personal relationship he has with his new coach. Being honest with him and working together side-by-side to improve his game, and being upfront about what he expects of him on the football field.

“He [Ciraldo] has helped me massively with my defence, that was my biggest Achilles heel last year and I had a massive focus this pre-season, and he knew that too,” Alamoti said.

The core the Bulldogs are building has come from very persuasive and high-end recruitment, landing Josh Addo-Carr and Matt Burton in 2022 and Reed Mahoney and Villame Kikau this past off-season to start their journey.

Alamoti sees this core of experienced players in a very positive manner, looking to them for anything that allows him to pave the way for success and build trust with them.

“They have been guiding. On the field, Fox [Josh Addo-Carr] gives little tips, and Kikau has been massive as well on how I can get better,” he said.

A step further the Bulldogs have gone in their development and reigning the Dogs culture is bringing in former players of the club to training in the pre-season.

The likes of Willie Mason and Andrew Ryan have been present at Belmore and have had a very significant impact on Alamoti immediately in the way they invite togetherness and belonging, as well as finding individual identity in the team.

“Willie Mason is someone I’ve been close with, he’s pulled me aside a few times and spoken to me about how I can be a professional,” Alamoti said.

“Andrew Ryan was my Under 19s State of Origin coach last year, and I’ve had a close connection with him as well since then.”

The return of former Bulldogs player Josh Reynolds, who was given a train and trial contract before receiving a top 30 spot before trials, had Alamoti excited and also recognised the DNA of the club that Reynolds possesses.

“He’s the heart and soul of the club, and what he’s brought to the club is the Bulldogs DNA,” he said.
It all starts with Togetherness Brotherhood and DNA.
But Great DEFENCE makes it all possible and that is what CC is supposed be good at :grinning:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect us to have much better defence than Roosters and at least one of our halves will know what to do with the ball. Think Mahoney will end up being a much better buy than the cheese.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The roosters shit the bed and manly overperformed. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's a trial. Roosters will finish top 4 and Manly will be in that pack of half a dozen teams trying to scrape into the 8 with us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our performances l, and or chances this year, have nothing to do with the performances of any other team then the one we are playing each round. Our destiny is in our own hands. Just because another team has a good performance against another team, it doesn't mean we are less of a chance of having a good year. So who cares how manly played last night!

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see a young player getting a chance. Hope he does well

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If only we had our 2004 team stick around together for longer. We could've put an end to the Storm dynasty before it even begun.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last time I checked we beat manly with a much worse squad that what we currently have. We also beat roosters last year
New coach and Schuster was the big difference in the halves and alot of speed out of their kids coming through.
Olakau'atu had a big game and dominated.
They will be hard to beat at home with Tommy and Dce to come in.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I expect us to have much better defence than Roosters and at least one of our halves will know what to do with the ball. Think Mahoney will end up being a much better buy than the cheese.
Roosters right edge of Allan and Paulo were diabolical

It was a training run tries for Manly