Opinion How our backline should lineup in 2022

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read an article yesterday saying we're still looking for a hooker and a fullback. Remember we were trying to sign Staines (as a fullback) and I also read last week we made an offer to Corey Allan but he turned us down so there still could be one to come.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I read an article yesterday saying we're still looking for a hooker and a fullback. Remember we were trying to sign Staines (as a fullback) and I also read last week we made an offer to Corey Allan but he turned us down so there still could be one to come.
We made no offer to Allen but yes we are looking for a fullback

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B Moz was pretty fast. Funny an article this week rated JAC the best winger in the game followed by B Moz. He was the best winger in the world for a period. Just a bit injury prone especially when he played fullback.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The last fast winger we had was Howland but he was average. Probably Brett Dallas is the last great fast winger we have had.
Michael Lett was quick and Ben MacDougall ran down Collin Best..

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Left Edge= JAC, Cotric & Burton.

Right Edge= DWZ/Okunbor, Hopoate & Flanagan.

Floating Fullback= Averillo.

Very exciting times ahead.
The left edge looks outstanding but the right edge is IMO still fairly average as is the fullback option.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's going to have too much speed, it will take some time to stop feeling like a dream after years of plodders stinking up the backline.
I believe he will transition to fullback. Averillo may start as fullback in 2021 but is better suited to 5/8.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wish we could get Bailey Simminson back.
1. Averillo
2. Simminson
3. Cotric
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr
Would be the dream.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about hoppa?
This old fella on Facebook says hoppa is close to inking a new 2 year deal with us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The left edge looks outstanding but the right edge is IMO still fairly average as is the fullback option.
It's good enough to win the league if Flanagan improves. Melbourne won the title with a right edge of Hughes-Lee-Vunivalu.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We were just talking about speed. Then you mentioned Hoppa???
Yeah someone posted about schoupp being in centres 2022, like most of the posters on here think.
But hearing hoppa might be getting re signed. So that will probably rule schoupp out..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah someone posted about schoupp being in centres 2022, like most of the posters on here think.
But hearing hoppa might be getting re signed. So that will probably rule schoupp out..
I can't see us signing another super star at centre. It's either Hopoate, Schoupp or someone else coming through for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not sure at this stage but I'm not a fan of Cotric inside of JAC. Don't think JAC will get the best ball unless Cotric makes some changes to his running style.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not sure at this stage but I'm not a fan of Cotric inside of JAC. Don't think JAC will get the best ball unless Cotric makes some changes to his running style.
He runs the way he does because because he's been playing wing. He'll obviously change his game when he plays centre.