How much should we offer Moses ?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2024 there will be a lot of player movement.
Still think a Hastings and burton combo would be awesome and realistic
Or burton and Doeuhi

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree on the 1, but I think we are paying big money to Kikau, Mahoney, Burton, JAC and TPJ. We still need to fill 30 places so once you start paying your fringe first graders 200-300, that doesn't leave much cash for marquee money (1M)...
Just looking at who we have contracted for next year and who will most likely go, plus what they're reportedly on, plus Gus saying "we have a lot of cap space baby" in regards to 2024 we'll be alright. Thompson, Jackson, Allan, Flanagan, Waddell, etc. if you need names. That's already ~2.5m reportedly. You just fill the lower top 30 spots with minimum wage/close to minimum wage.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has Wakeham done to upset the Kennel? He played two games in first grade last season, he scored a try against Manly and played well in terrible conditions. He did nothing wrong in the next game (Storm 0 - 44) in a badly beaten team and then got injured for a few weeks. Since then he has played well every week in the reggies and helped to steer them to the grand final - but never got another go in FG even though Flanagan's deficiencies were obvious to everybody except the coaching staff (and Flanagun)!

Watch him blossom in the World Cup for Fiji.
I remember the best game I saw him play was for Fiji in the last World Cup. Couldn’t believe he was the same player that played for us. Maybe the pride in playing for your country lifts players to another level and you’re right he’s been playing some outstanding football in NSW Cup.

Unfortunately he hasn’t been able to bring that form to first grade on a consistent basis. Has actually been more of a liability than an asset when given an opportunity to play in first grade.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the game. The whole Eels team was terrible in defense. To blame Moses for that is not right. I knew the game was over after 5 minutes because the Panthers forwards just smashed the Eels forwards.
Moses is supposed to be the general of the team. If yourvgeneral drops thier lollies. The teams got no chance

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not really keen on Moses. I hope we are just trying to make Parra over pay him.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Munster staying put Para lose either way.

He could move to the fins or Para pay massive overs to keep him, sounds good to me.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the Broncos fell apart in the back half of the season but they improved immensely from 2021 when they finished 2nd last. That was on the back of signing Capewell and especially Reynolds plus big seasons from Cobbo and Carrigan.

If memory serves me right didn’t the Broncos chase Moses before signing Reynolds?

Moses seemed to be their first choice but due to Soufffs not willing to sign Reynolds on a long term deal the Broncos pounced and he was outstanding for them this season.

Injuries and a few fallouts with coach Walters saw them implode in the back half of the season.

I’d have Reynolds over Moses any day but I thought he was mad not to join the Broncos as I felt he would’ve suited their style of play as he’s a similar player to Reynolds.

Moses is very good player on his day but isn’t what we want or need as our kicking game and playmaker is Burton.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bit harsh but I agree with where you are coming from. Nothing more important to be there for both your miss's and your child during birth and I expect if he doesnt already some day he will regret it.
from my understanding she wasnt due and they were flying in and flying out. Tough call to make of course.