Opinion How much of Thompson’s salary are you willing to pay

How much of Thompson’s salary should we pay for him to leave

• None - keep him

• Whatever it takes - fuck him off asap

Results are only viewable after voting.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club has been poorly managed at all levels. The biggest mistake was not trying to buy an
accredited prop forward to play alongside of Vaughn. If we had another prop, that would allow Thompson to
play in his correct position as an edge running forward. He is to small for an NRL prop but is used as a battering ram.
He is about 102kgs. Wingers are bigger than that.
Most other teams have big props. Bromwich, NSA, Paulo, Taumololo, Hass, AFB, Papalii, Burgess. etc.
We will never be successful until we can recruit big props.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say 200k because someone would take him if we paid that I’m sure.

I thought he was progressing ok for a while and worth keeping, but last few weeks have shown more. He’s not for us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d say 200k because someone would take him if we paid that I’m sure.

I thought he was progressing ok for a while and worth keeping, but last few weeks have shown more. He’s not for us.
No one's taking him for 600k imo. He'd be already gone if that was the case.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To think Anderson and Hill actually personally flew over to convince him to sign with us.

I bet he wished he'd stayed at St Helens and got all those extra Premiership rings instead of playing as part of our rabble.

They offered that crazy money he signed on for. He started off playing well for us but the slack efforts crept into his play as well that he caught off the rest of them.

Then he has been under a heavy cloud of being shopped rumours.

Under those circumstances, no wonder he is now part of the plodders club at the Bulldogs.

By the same token he, and he alone, is accountable and to blame for his own performances.
Normally agree with alot you say wendog33 but that is whole lot of excuses. He came over with 'the best prop in the game buzz and he has been a massive disappointment. He has had no impact.

Malla

Reaction score
Don’t care, he needs to go. Such a waste of money and space. He has no skill at all just runs the ball up like a spastic on a treadmill

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Normally agree with alot you say wendog33 but that is whole lot of excuses. He came over with 'the best prop in the game buzz and he has been a massive disappointment. He has had no impact.
Yes I know :( but just as we excuse Jacko for "sheet circumstancs" with our team, then I think Thommo has some excuses as well. But as I said his personal form and effort plays are on him and him alone.

It couldn't be easy playing in this team if you are used to success and played in premiership winning, well oiled goliaths like St Helens, Storm, Penrith.

Get a bit of momentum and some halfwit drops the ball with a 100% chance on. Or create a hole with a deft pass or kick and your team mate knocks on or can't position themselves to take the opportunity. Or defend the line after 3 dumb 6 agains and the idiot giving away the penalty stands there and watches the opposition run past him for a try. Or defending on your goal line at the play the ball in the middle of the field and your team mate defender looks up staring at the side line while the dh scurries over, or your fb falls for a show and go to nobody and opposition runs near on the length of the field .

Its just a mess and we know there is some quality in the team. No excuses but gee it must be soul destroying and if it looks like there's no hope, or answers, to us supporters, it must also look like that to some of the better players.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I know :( but just as we excuse Jacko for "sheet circumstancs" with our team, then I think Thommo has some excuses as well. But as I said his personal form and effort plays are on him and him alone.

It couldn't be easy playing in this team if you are used to success and played in premiership winning, well oiled goliaths like St Helens, Storm, Penrith.

Get a bit of momentum and some halfwit drops the ball with a 100% chance on. Or create a hole with a deft pass or kick and your team mate knocks on or can't position themselves to take the opportunity. Or defend the line after 3 dumb 6 agains and the idiot giving away the penalty stands there and watches the opposition run past him for a try. Or defending on your goal line at the play the ball in the middle of the field and your team mate defender looks up staring at the side line while the dh scurries over, or your fb falls for a show and go to nobody and runs near on the length of the field .

Its just a mess and we know there is some quality in the team. No excuses but gee it must be soul destroying and if it looks like there's no hope, or answers, to us supporters, it must also look like that to some of the better players.
I don't think it is easy and as a prop i don't expect him to win games for us. I expected him to make metres, be our forward leader and to be solid in defence. He has done none of those things. Jackson has been a great player for many years with us and us always solid in defence. He is well past his best but he earnt respect. Thompson has been so poor that we will struggle to offload him for half what we pay him. Thompson joins the list of other pommy players who couldn't cut it in the NRL

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Said it somewhere else... We should be selling Thommo and keeping Vaughan and and RFM.

8. Sutton
9. Mahoney
10.Vaughan
11. RFM
12. Kikau
13. TPJ

14. Jacko
15. King
16. Patolo

Topine
Ava
Doorey
Morrin
Makatoa
Greek
Waddell
It seriously makes sense. Vaughan and RFM salaries would equate to Thompsons. We get better value and output. That second row looks deadly!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think it is easy and as a prop i don't expect him to win games for us. I expected him to make metres, be our forward leader and to be solid in defence. He has done none of those things. Jack has been a great player for many years with us and us always solid in defence. He is well past his best but he earnt respect. Thompson has been so poor that we will struggle to offload him for half what we pay him. Thompson joins the list of other pommy players who couldn't cut it in the NRL
Can't argue with that...but he has played reasonably well up to this year and TK was happy with him :grinning:

I can't defend his impact or efforts this year. No way. But I do recognise that he, as well as others, have fallen in a heap and it's just a vicious cycle at present.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't argue with that...but he has played reasonably well up to this year and TK was happy with him :grinning:

I can't defend his impact or efforts this year. No way. But I do recognise that he, as well as others, have fallen in a heap and it's just a vicious cycle at present.
I've never been happy with him I was expecting a lot more. IMO, he has been well below playing 'reasonably well!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've never been happy with him I was expecting a lot more. IMO, he has been well below playing 'reasonably well!
Fair enough. He looked good with St Helens and would probably shine in the Storm system. He is not a battering ram type front rower. There are a few players in the team that we can imagine improving in other teams, so the problems need to be sheeted home to our club coaching and tactics as well as the individual player I reckon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I called it when we signed him that he wasn't the forward we needed, wasn't anywhere near dominant enough through the middle with and without the ball to be the type of prop we needed. He would thrive at better system playing behind stronger props but a club like that isn't paying him anything close to what we are and would pay him something that better reflects his value.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I called it when we signed him that he wasn't the forward we needed, wasn't anywhere near dominant enough through the middle with and without the ball to be the type of prop we needed. He would thrive at better system playing behind stronger props but a club like that isn't paying him anything close to what we are and would pay him something that better reflects his value.
1653102072306.png
1653101958317.png
1653102118727.png

and then we found out he was on 800k...

I guess Hastings is working out for the Tigers :D

Attachments

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Not sure how many got the flu but it went around the club. Many players minutes were limited cause you are never at 100% afterwards.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I completely agree, he shouldn’t be playing or on the bench either, I’m not making excuses for him, I don’t need too, he’s been having cortisone injections in his knee, he has a broken toe, he’s been in bed all week with the flu and hasn’t trained for more than 2 weeks and he still puts his hands up to play !
Ok, what's his excuse for every other game in Bulldog's colours?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure how many got the flu but it went around the club. Many players minutes were limited cause you are never at 100% afterwards.
And if Actros is correct, Luke has a broken toe and knee injury as well.

Anyway it's been a pretty disappointing experience leaving home for the CB Bulldogs for Luke Thompson. That's on him but also on our very dysfunctional club.