Opinion How much of Thompson’s salary are you willing to pay

How much of Thompson’s salary should we pay for him to leave

• None - keep him

• Whatever it takes - fuck him off asap

Results are only viewable after voting.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just can’t work out how we’re keeping this guy and letting go of Vaughan. Only possible explanation is we just can’t offload him.
I think there's no way he's here next year. Gus has talked from day one about how he's open to moving him. It's just a matter of how much freight we pay. A move back to England would help solve that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
how many of them 31 tackles were legit effective tackles, and how many were his customary flop in at the last second
You can count on one hand since Thompson signed for us how many of his tackles would have bruised a grape. There's no impact in anything he does in attack or defence. He's the complete opposite of James Graham in every way.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should not be starting, doesn't even deserve a bench spot at the moment
I completely agree, he shouldn’t be playing or on the bench either, I’m not making excuses for him, I don’t need too, he’s been having cortisone injections in his knee, he has a broken toe, he’s been in bed all week with the flu and hasn’t trained for more than 2 weeks and he still puts his hands up to play !

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think there's no way he's here next year. Gus has talked from day one about how he's open to moving him. It's just a matter of how much freight we pay. A move back to England would help solve that.
He,ll be there next year unfortunately because those that know, know and those that don’t, don’t matter

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Surely Gus can find some dumbo club that will pay 600k for him.,Coke on down, Wests Tigers, let’s go shopping.

Wouldn’t want us to be paying much more than 200k

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I completely agree, he shouldn’t be playing or on the bench either, I’m not making excuses for him, I don’t need too, he’s been having cortisone injections in his knee, he has a broken toe, he’s been in bed all week with the flu and hasn’t trained for more than 2 weeks and he still puts his hands up to play !
Big effort from the bloke in that case.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair play to his effort however

We've had all season to see Vaughan, tpj and Max King outperform him

Has he been affected the whole season with the flu too?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Has a deal with another club been sorted out for next year yet Andy? Or are they still working through something?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He,ll be there next year unfortunately because those that know, know and those that don’t, don’t matter
It doesn't look like Luke is happy either. Especially not if he's getting 35 minutes a game. Next season it'll be in both parties interests for a fresh start.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hate bringing it up again but the Anderson era included signing Barrett plus Thompson and Cotric. There’s a lot of work to clean those players you mentioned.
Hence why Gus keeps reiterating that it's gonna be a long haul to get back to some sort of respectibility, let alone Top8, then Top4 and Premiership.

I hope all us fans will now accept the stark reality of the mammoth job ahead and realise we are at the bottom of an abyss and only now formulating a difficult plan to claw our way out, remake the roster and coaching staff and poor skills and confidence and the loser stench.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hell be lucky if he doesnt get charged for another hip drop tackle...

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
anything close to half and it's not worth it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Many bag Vaughan.. but at 400K hes a steal as an NRL prop..
especially when comparing to Thompson

This opinion also has almost nothing to do with tonight, it's been from the start of the season, poor. You can't have your big money players being flops.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
especially when comparing to Thompson

This opinion also has almost nothing to do with tonight, it's been from the start of the season, poor. You can't have your big money players being flops.
Your right, they need to be managed, trained , fully fit, fired up and ready to go !