How much longer can we carry Hopa?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the speed of the game is now way to fast for players like hoppa, hes been a very good and consistent player oin our team for several seasons now sadly looks like his time is up

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hate saying this but the coach and club have another massive problem in JJ.

He is borderline now atm IMO, but he has a 3 year contract to go.

A team just can not have their 30 man roster being even partly filled with guys on the wane.

You must be at your peak or on the rise in todays game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Last time he was good was before his walk in the desert.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve never had a bad word to say about Hoppa but I can’t remember him playing one good game at centre

It’s like he doesn’t get the fullback spot and sooks (at least his efforts reflect that)
He wasn't any better at fullback that's why he was moved to centre. Hoppa played his best football at wing, and that was a very long time ago. Hopefully, he won't be in first grade too much longer!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be genuinely shocked if he was resigned with Schoupp/alamoti in the ranks and rumours of Staggs. Game has moved past his safe/slow approach
Hoppa is on his farewell tour with us already
I like the guy when he tries hard but mostly looks like he is coasting far too often

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa and dwz are the two players i see as a our problem players. Hoppa offers nothing to the team his defence is terrible and too slow moving around the field. plenty of points have been scored against him an unfortunately plenty more to come.
His time is up

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hoppa was once one of the most elusive players in the game and easily had the best hands, sadly he is now done for pace and outclassed in general by younger more athletic players and the new "faster" format.
Time to hang up the boots I'm afraid.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be gone at seasons end ..I have said it all along looking at the list of off contract players barrett will let most of them go he ain’t fucking around I’m sure all of them are on notice and he would know who isn’t gonna cut it

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
does nobody understand experience matters. Everyone wants Hoppa, Napa and DWZ gone, but our only experienced players other then them are RFM and Jacko. We need to keep them

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Can’t understand how hoppa got so slow. He was electric for Manly and parramatta as a winger...He’s not even 30!! ...what the fuck happened to him?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
If anyone doubts me, just look at the fact i was the first person to say he was cancer when you were all jizzing on his face 12-24 months ago.
Due credit, there were 1 or 2 others. I don’t recall names.
He is terrible. Just fast hands to be a linkman.
For some reason he seems to have this aura of being a golden boy throughout his career.

we should have let him go last year when he could still fool other clubs he’s worth the 600k he is on.

I’m certain this is the year the league wakes up. The league is always 3/4 months behind the kennel with this stuff, who in turn is a year behind Nasheed.

As for Hoppa, game should be to cash grab while he still can and look for a 2.5 year deal at cash hes on. Then He can cruise is it in like Mbye and retire in a couple of years and sit on a beach and live the coconut life jacking off to Google images of Paulini fantasising about her dresser in leather with a dog collar choker.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hate saying this but the coach and club have another massive problem in JJ.

He is borderline now atm IMO, but he has a 3 year contract to go.

A team just can not have their 30 man roster being even partly filled with guys on the wane.

You must be at your peak or on the rise in todays game.
He got found out in the middle I think he gave away 4 set restarts

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The players that will be most affected by the rule changes (in a negative way obviously) are napa and Hoppa.. in the new era speed is the number one asset in every position on the field... Especially in your backs....

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does nobody understand experience matters. Everyone wants Hoppa, Napa and DWZ gone, but our only experienced players other then them are RFM and Jacko. We need to keep them
In theory I agree with you but you can't have bad players in your roster just because they have "experience". How about we go out and buy "experienced" good players to replace these duds. I'm glad Hoppa and Napa are off the books this year but DWZ and Jacko are still going to be huge liabilities for us moving forward. I can see us shifting DWZ next year if we can but I think the club would be too scared to try and move Jacko on becuase he's been here for so long

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He got found out in the middle I think he gave away 4 set restarts
Yes JJ too slow clearing.

I don't like bagging our club legends and he gets a pass mark for me but the length of his re-signing contract was another bad decision.

Last edited:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be gone at seasons end ..I have said it all along looking at the list of off contract players barrett will let most of them go he ain’t fucking around I’m sure all of them are on notice and he would know who isn’t gonna cut it
The years end is a long time away. There's a lot of centre and back pain between now and then......