How much longer can we carry Hopa?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His time is definitely coming to and end, but he has been very consistent mostly, but like all players the day is coming to a close..!!

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He looked so far off the pace the game. His one on one missed tackle that led to the Bradman Best try was very soft. Even though his stats say he ran for 130 metres (or whatever it was) those metres are made by taking hitups for small metres out of our own end, which . is fine, but I'd rather our centre (as well as helping bring the ball out of our own end) break the line and run 90 metres which Hoppa has never done. We need more from a centre

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's never been good in the Centres, bring Schoupp in and shop him around
I agree. Hoppa isn't the future and I am battling to see what he actually adds to the team other than experience??.... but if he is consistently getting caught out defensively and offers no threat in attack , I'd sacrifice any of his so called experience and go for the enthusiasm and potential that Schoupp would bring.....and I could live with any shortcomings he might have but he would be gaining experience and he is a chance of being a part of the future of the club whereas Hoppa isn't

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That wasn't the best game from Hopoate (I rated him as one of the worst on the field). He was barely involved and was weak in defence, so were a few of our players to be fair. He needs to step up this year otherwise he's going to get the Tolman treatment. It is one game, and I think he's been one of our best and most consistent over the last 2 years, but he can't have too many more performances like that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night he was absolutely shocking imo

Got found out in defence too many times for my liking

Time to cut our loses and bring in Schoupp
He provides nothing rather than eating up a wasted tackle (like Tolman). Only thing I can say is he doesn't lose as much ground as Meaney. Offers absolutely nothing in attack though and worse in defence. If we want to improve we need to f..k him off NOW (bring in Schoupp) and also get rid of Meaney and DWZ as soon as we can find replacements. The winger we recently signed for Mounties would be worth trying. He looks very strong and pretty fast.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I want two players from Brisbane to cover hoopa and Meaney which is Xavier Coates and kotoni staggs but isn’t gonna happen
Meaney not in our best 13 anyways. We need Turpin before both of those 2.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve never had a bad word to say about Hoppa but I can’t remember him playing one good game at centre

It’s like he doesn’t get the fullback spot and sooks (at least his efforts reflect that)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That wasn't the best game from Hopoate (I rated him as one of the worst on the field). He was barely involved and was weak in defence, so were a few of our players to be fair. He needs to step up this year otherwise he's going to get the Tolman treatment. It is one game, and I think he's been one of our best and most consistent over the last 2 years, but he can't have too many more performances like that.
He will be targetted by every team for the whole season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopoate can do a job for us he is the least of our worries

The spotlight needs to be on forwards like Jackson & Napa who are not good enough right now.
Jackson is fine. Napa will not be re-signed and we do need to strengthen at prop. From what's off contract for 2022 it might have to wait another year unfortunately. We also need to pray Thompson is nothing like last year and can be a quality or even an elite NRL prop (on the money he's on he has to be). We currently have a stack of do the job, not that great and unproven props.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see him being resigned I’ve been a fan the last couple of years he struggled last night hopefully he improves

Reactions: DT

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our backs are very weak defensively and don't read the play either. Also doesn't seem to be much talking or anyone organising things defensively. I like Allan and am happy to give him time, but he needs to do better in his positional play and organising the defence. More talk also from Flanagan and captain Jackson.

It's only one game, but we're extreme longshots for finals. I'd be giving up on Burton for this year and would bring Schoupp straight into the top squad to replace Hoppa in the centres. If 2 spots available in the 30, bring in Deitz too. We clearly need another quality front rower to go with Hetho, but Thommo will hopefully be that.