Opinion How Much Juice Can Barrett Squeeze

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple title header ,as we all know our coaching methods have been nothing
But disgraceful,to slow,to unfit,no skill.

So how much can Barrett get out of this mob that our current regime could not ?

I think personally we have infected the whole squad with such a negative brand of football that the shitness has rubbed off on the whole squad.

So how much juice can we (Barrett) squeeze In 2021 who will improve three fold or are we doomed for more misery.

The signings of Waddell and green don’t excite me and are a waste of money .

Where are the marquee signings we have needed since for ever ?
1,6,7 and a 9

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think there's the opportunity to get more out of the younger guys (especially in correct positions) but we have still got alot of deadwood and have even purchased more. Unless the halves and hooker position is covered properly then we've got no fukin chance at all!

Last edited:

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think there's the opportunity to get more out of the younger guys (especially in correct positions) but we have still have got a lot of deadwood and even purchased more. Unless the halves and hooker position is covered properly then we've got no fukin chance at all!
100% bro. How can we go around with the same 6,7,9 and expect to be in the top 8

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Out of this current squad? Nothing. It needs a massive clean out.

I'm sure he'd get a few more wins that what we have now, but this squad is absolute toilet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Idk but Baz has one of the worst records as a head coach so?..

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the problem is the mediocre leadership amongst the players.

We got a captain who's to gassed to communicate, and either doesn't know enough (or isn't quick enough mentally) of the rules to manipulate the referees via asking the right questions at the right time.

We've got tolman as a key leader whose playing standard and therefore expectations are below par.

We've got a fullback who isn't fast enough to chime in behind the line and give directions on attack whilst play is 8n motion.

We've got lewis who thinks he's a leader and stiffles the side with his lack of ability combined with his overconfidence and the the poor way he asserts that on your team whilst out on the field, he stiffles any other half he plays with who learning the trade at the top level because he does not show confidence in them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Idk but Baz has one of the worst records as a head coach so?..
Doesn't have to bring much to be an improvement.

The training structures, game plan, assistant coaches just have to be better. Can't be any worse.

We still have basically the same roster as in the game against Manly next year. Maybe 2-3 additions that will make any worthwhile difference.

Barrett and Assistants will get the footy foundations in place but we wont be near the 8 IMO.

Its going to take 3 years of slow recruitment (we arent a players dream team) and bringing on juniors to be even Top 8.

There's no quick fix happening with our sc and duds to be released.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he can get another 10-20% out of them. I hope he goes about it in a different direction and shows them all the door
One of our main problems over the last 5 or so years was lack of fitness,the last 15 mins of each half,we’d be run over,so they have taken care of that hopefully

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be more signings. There’s a fair few players leaving that need to be replaced.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There has to be more signings. There’s a fair few players leaving that need to be replaced.
Yep and hopefully a few that we have on our books for next year get a tap on the shoulder too and aren’t here

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst the coaching hasn’t been great for mine the bigger problem is the cattle. Barrett won’t make a difference unless we see substantial changes to the roster. We haven’t had an X factor player for years. No Real strike or creativity in the Current 30.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually expecting a big improvement next year - even if he had the same cattle - as a lot of our issues are down to poor coaching. Remember we lost a lot of games by less than 6 points so I reckon with better coaching we could have won at least half of those games (in fact even with our current squad and coach we should have won half of them)

Working on our fitness, strength, conditioning, attacking structure and basic skills will have a huge impact, not to mention playing people in their right position. Look at how our attack improved in the 2nd half against Manly went Wakeham went to 9. Suddenly Avo (who was playing in the right position) started getting the ball more and we looked more dangerous in attack.

All the training in the world is not going to transform Lewis from dud to stud (that's why he needs to go) but I'm expecting noticeable improvements in Avo, Wakeham, Elliot, RFM, Ogden, Doorey, Okunbor, etc - the players with potential and who can make a difference to the side

Whether that is good enough to make the 8 depends on who we recruit, injuries, etc but we wont be as bad as we've been for the last 4 years. If we get Burton and Smith, and either Avo or Staines are at 1, we should go close to a top 8 spot

I know people are complaining about the lack of quality signings but I'm sure they'll be coming. Clearly if were talking to Burton and we've apparently made an offer to Smith then Baz knows our spine is piss weak so he'll be fixing it. I have a feeling it will be at the end of the year though

Going into next season with Lewis and JMK in the spine is too cruel - surely the football gods wouldn't do that to us...again

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simple title header ,as we all know our coaching methods have been nothing
But disgraceful,to slow,to unfit,no skill.

So how much can Barrett get out of this mob that our current regime could not ?

I think personally we have infected the whole squad with such a negative brand of football that the shitness has rubbed off on the whole squad.

So how much juice can we (Barrett) squeeze In 2021 who will improve three fold or are we doomed for more misery.

The signings of Waddell and green don’t excite me and are a waste of money .

Where are the marquee signings we have needed since for ever ?
1,6,7 and a 9
One of the youngest squads, who look like they haven't had any skills training in 2 years?

I think there is great improvement is more than a few of our players.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Top 8 team is not that hard. Look at no further than the knights lol.

The metric/objective should be a top 4 team if we actually want to be pushing our club for the best it can be. Top 8 being mentioned as a 2-3 year target is a low weak minded goal. Top 4 should be the 2-3 year goal!

No team outside the Top 4 has ever won a premiership in recent times. What's the point of making up the numbers from 5-8 each year to not win it ever. Top clubs and coaches know the real objective and target and weak small minded clubs/coaches are happy being filler clubs for finals. FUCK THAT! I WANT TO BE (EVENTUALLY) A CONSISTENT TOP 4 TEAM.

Easier said than done i know. But the mass changes barrett is bringing show some good starting signs.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't buy the cattle argument.. there's plenty of evidence to suggest these players are underachieving.. to add to that, poor selections, poor strengthening, poor conditioning and so much uncertainty... If we can sign 2 or 3 quality players, I expect to be fighting for the bottom of the 8.. anything short of this will be unacceptable.. anything short of at least fighting for the 8 should spell the end of the board tbh...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Barrett has to organise a spine transplant asap