How long has everyone been a bulldogs fan for

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since 1978. Boy from Willoughby saw a terrific 2nd half fight back against Manly. Stuck with them ever since

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve followed Canterbury for 60 years since I was 16. Lived at yagoona can anyone beat the 60 years.
Yes I can.
And an old Yagoona boy. Played for the Yagoona Lions.

For Steve, I was a Birrong High School boy like your old man.

Since 1956 as an 8 year old at Belmore v Manly. 67 years and the last 5 years probably the worst of all.
In the 60's we were the battlers but I enjoyed watching the young guys coming through the grades.
Not so recently but it Gus is getting us back there.

Next year we will be contenders.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Followed the dogs from since I can remember. Maybe 4ish so since 2000.
Don’t know how I became a fan neither of my parents really followed footy.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late 70s when my Dad started taking me to Belmore regularly. Liked the game and our team straight away

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1977...just in the nick of time to see The Entertainers on the rise, and Gentleman Ted Glossop (intelligent school headmaster that he was) make the brilliant decision to quit the useless Sharks and join the Bulldog bandwagon, leading them to a GF in 79 and premiership glory in 1980!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started as a Parra supporter because my parents were but I liked the way the Bulldogs played so started supporting them in 1980 and will continue to support them until I kick the bucket!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
1974. The GF against Jack Gibson's Easts. How were we ever gonna beat that side? It's interesting how so many on here became fans on or around a time we were in a GF. We didn't even have to win it to impress upon a young mind. Just be there and compete. Stands to reason as a standout moment for a kid though. Recall watching Souths and Manly early 70's but couldn't bring myself to support them, despite my brother being a Souths supporter.
Something about that dogs side mid to late 70's ....growing into the family Club as more and more Hughes and Mortimers made 1st Grade. Then Ted Glossop unleashed the Entertainers.
Then Warren Ryan made us the Dogs of war early 80's.
Still the best 2 eras back to back in Dogs history. The Glory Days.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Have been for as long as I can remember, and will be for as long as I remember.

Even if I have dementia and don't know what TF is going on, or where I am, or what NRL is, or what the NRL(ol) will be known as at the time, I will still go for my beloved team.

I hate the game but will always love my team.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My Dad would take us all to Belmore from about the age of 4, so around 1965-66. Have seen some really good times over the years so very hard to watch the last few but we are true Dogs/Berries and will never change. Go the Dogs. Make us proud again.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be a worry for the club that most fans appear to be seniors.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
78’ (as far back as I remember)
In effect though, since 71’ when I popped out in blue and white

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Bazildog is the oldest on here, I think he's 87 or something. Wish I'm still talking shit on the internet when I'm 87.
Just think, when Bazil was your age he was using an abacuss..............sorry Baz, I know you prob were using a slide rule, like me... eveyone except you and me will have to google that.
If you don't want to google it a slide rule is a calculator without an on button.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just think, when Bazil was your age he was using an abacuss..............sorry Baz, I know you prob were using a slide rule, like me... eveyone except you and me will have to google that.
If you don't want to google it a slide rule is a calculator without an on button.
I've actually used one of those!

Moylee

Waterboy
Reaction score
1965. After Dad (a Berries supporter) took me to Leichhardt to watch them play Balmain.