How long has everyone been a bulldogs fan for

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s funny when I think about it, was never big on league growing up and when I did watch the odd game I would support the dragons like my brother did.

when my sister got married my BIL got me into watching league and was a dogs fan, I switched and have never looked back and that was close to 26 years ago.

Not born and raised one but classify myself just as hardcore as most.

Last edited:

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Early 90s. I can't remember exactly when, but I remember as a 9 year old crying up the backyard tree at half-time as we were being smashed in the 1994 Grand Final. I was definitely in by then :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2005 for me grew up in tiger territory so liked the tigers, my parents being bulldogs fans then saw the Ogre run over Gibbs and was hooked ever since, never stood a chance either way as it’s turned out

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1978. Went to Canterbury Boys High - right in the thick of it with Dr. George Peponis being from the school. It was a great time to be a Doggies supporter - a real sense of local community and comradarie. Without the internet / social media etc etc, the primary outlet re: discussing footy was actually talking to other fans on the streets or at the Club, who were often strangers in Doggies jerseys, which was amazing!

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was born in a little hospital about 100m from Belmore sports ground, (it no longer exists) in 1961 so I have probably been a fan for the best part of 61 years...

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
40 years... Used to go to parra/bulldogs games and watch Lamb, Mortimer boys, Sterling and Kenny and co

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds and the Des Hasler era was my early days of being a dogs fan :expressionless:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was told I had a labotomy after the last game Lachlan Lewis played for us so I can remember.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was at the 1967 GF against Souths.
The era of Les Johns.
I was at that Grand Final.
But first match was 1956 as an 8 year old at Belmore vs Manly when Manly had the big bald Roy Bull and maybe Rex Mossop.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I went for Parra in 1983 then i found out my best mate went for them, so in 1984 i went for Bulldogs to give him the shits and rest is History..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was born in 1977
My earliest memory is the 84 grand final v Parramatta watching it at home.
But there is photos of me much younger wearing bulldogs cloths.
My mum says I was watching footy with dad and cheering on the dogs from as young as 3.

I do have some memories of the 80 grand final.
But that may be just from re runs over the years.

I don't have any real memories of going to games.
Dad hated people and crowds and preferred to stay hone, so all my memories are hone watching on the lounge.

I've been a dog's fan for eternity, or at least my version of it so far. Like you, my dad had me in dogs apparel as soon as possible. He actually had to buy transfers to put on a white jumpsuit since they didn't make anything in my size with our logo.

But like a few others here the year was 1979 when this Bulldogs fanatic entered the fray. Barely scraped into the 70's though. I was an early Christmas present for my dad who wasn't going to give up on having kids until he got a son. And after having four daughters he finally perfected the technique and won the child lottery by having me.