News How Liverpool and the Patriots are helping the Roosters establish a dynasty

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Sydney Roosters are in search of a three-peat this season, something never achieved in the NRL era and a feat last done by the Parramatta Eels between 1981 and 1983 in what was then known as the New South Wales Rugby League.

That’s the target for Trent Robinson in this so-far disrupted season, but he is facing stiff competition to do so, especially from Parramatta, the side he is hoping to emulate.
He and his Roosters come up against the Storm on Thursday evening in a repeat of 2018’s Grand Final, with both sides looking to make a statement to the other.
But in order to take the Roosters to the next level, he has dipped his toe into other sports and taken little pieces of certain teams’ successes from around the world.
The Roosters visited Barcelona’s Camp Nou at the start of the year ahead of their World Club Challenge win and Robinson has been keeping a close eye on Liverpool’s recent Premier League triumph too.
“I love watching teams around the world that do that but I also know the personality of each individual player that I’m watching play,” Robinson said on Wednesday.
“I love watching - whether it’s Liverpool who have just won the title - but then you’ll watch (Andrew) Robertson at the back and (Mo) Salah in the midfield. You’ll watch their own unique style and Klopp has done an amazing job in doing that.
“There’s that continual search to offer that to players whilst being a team - being an absolute team.”
Klopp is a big fan of letting his players express themselves both on the pitch and off it and many have put that extra freedom and trust he allows them as a key factor in the building of such a successful team.

It’s a tactic Robinson has taken and imposed on his own style of play.
“What we’re trying to do is wholeheartedly believe in our style of play. That’s first of all in what we want to do.
“We believe in the way that we play, we believe in the intensity that we play with and the focus that we play with.
“But we also want you to be yourself, we want you to express your personality on top of that and what you love to do in the game but it must go hand in hand with our style of play.”
Robinson has also plucked ideas from the New England Patriots, a side which knows how to build a dynasty having won six Super Bowls under Bill Bilichick with the simple mantra of ‘do your job’.

“An amazing organisation in the way they did that. Their mantra of ‘do your job’. Absolutely - that’s the Patriots way,” he added. “You have to play their style. You can debate the personality coming out on the other end and I guess how much freedom was given within that. But that’s where it slightly differs, I think.
“You have a [Pep] Guardiola team at Manchester City, where he is really trying to mould all those different players - or Barcelona in their own way.
“I think what Kansas City [Chiefs] did this year in allowing that to happen was a really good example. But longevity has come through people understanding the team and the principles that they play for.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/f36be7ef2f70c8ac3c2b130cd9456ed6

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roll out the red carpet for this bloke.
Hats off to his dedication and passion for wanting to be better all the time.

And then we have Deano...

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. This is why they’re a success and we aren’t.

While the Robinson is looking to successful clubs such as Liverpool and Patriots, Lynne is looking at clubs like Newcastle and Parramatta.

How is the team meant to succeed when the inspiration is coming from mediocre clubs?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meanwhile our club is trying to follow the South Queensland Crushers business model.

All these articles slurping everything the Roosters do and not one about how they manage to fit everyone under the cap while bottom eight teams are under cap pressure each season. Hard hitting journalism at it's finest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
CORNER TAKEN QUICKLY ORIGI!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meanwhile our club is trying to follow the South Queensland Crushers business model.

All these articles slurping everything the Roosters do and not one about how they manage to fit everyone under the cap while bottom eight teams are under cap pressure each season. Hard hitting journalism at it's finest.
Ahhhh the crushers.... great days lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Sydney Roosters are in search of a three-peat this season, something never achieved in the NRL era and a feat last done by the Parramatta Eels between 1981 and 1983...
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Good luck. There is NO WAY the Roosters will win the Premiership this year. No Cronk, and 2 players out for the year with ACL.

They got out of jail against the Dragons last week but the Storm tonight will be a real challenge.

IMO Canberra and Parramatta are the teams to beat this year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Good luck. There is NO WAY the Roosters will win the Premiership this year. No Cronk, and 2 players out for the year with ACL.

They got out of jail against the Dragons last week but the Storm tonight will be a real challenge.

IMO Canberra and Parramatta are the teams to beat this year.
I hate saying this but Parra look the goods with the squad they have and the depth.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. This is why they’re a success and we aren’t.

While the Robinson is looking to successful clubs such as Liverpool and Patriots, Lynne is looking at clubs like Newcastle and Parramatta.

How is the team meant to succeed when the inspiration is coming from mediocre clubs?
Exactly right. Newcastle have been 1 grand final in the NRL era and Parramatta 2 Grand finals. Think also think i saw on foxsports Newcastle and Parramatta have spent the most weeks on the bottom of the ladder and the past decade..........We need to modelling our junior system off what we were 'doin" (thanks Dean pay) 20 years ago or something along the panthers model. Our Cap management needs to be modeled on the Roosters.........

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I hope they do a Liverpool and go another 30 years without a title.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rorter$.. no one really cares about your shitty little club in the small poshy area of double bay where no plays or watcjes rugby league or could even name 1 player in your team..

They could win 10 comps and it wouldnt mean much..

They are just a rich mans plaything..

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roll out the red carpet for this bloke.
Hats off to his dedication and passion for wanting to be better all the time.

And then we have Deano...
Don't be like that. Deano is keeping an eye on how the Dubbo Wombats are excelling in the bush league. He can't believe how talented Barry is sculling his beers after the game... brrrrrrppppp. That takes a lot of skill, you know!