How is our recruitment going

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk the amount of whining and whinging that goes on around here makes Jamie Soward sound like the pope.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which hooker would you have a crack at?
Isnt that getting a bit stale now. Just like our recruitment.
Anyone still getting a laugh out of it should look at other options in life. Please
It was a childish gimmick that was not even funny just childish in the first place in my opinion.
But it does some up canterbury these days.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isnt that getting a bit stale now. Just like our recruitment.
Anyone still getting a laugh out of it should look at other options in life. Please
It was a childish gimmick that was not even funny just childish in the first place in my opinion.
But it does some up canterbury these days.

about as stale as your constant whinging about Bulldogs recruitment actually.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Which hooker would you have a crack at?
Looking at the options off contract the best option is to probably stick with JMK and Katoa. Try and strengthen Hooker for 2022 if it's still an issue. That's also when JMK and Katoa's contracts currently are up. McInnes would be the best available then. There also isn't many options available for 2022 either. Hopefully someone on contract pops up!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at the options off contract the best option is to probably stick with JMK and Katoa. Try and strengthen Hooker for 2022 if it's still an issue. That's also when JMK and Katoa's contracts currently are up. McInnes would be the best available then. There also isn't many options available for 2022 either. Hopefully someone on contract pops up!
yeah I'm personally happy to see JMK get first shot.. he is on the up

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shouldn't be overlooked that players are in general paid monthly (in advance) and with contract dates commencing on 1st November, players under contract will have already been paid (paid tax and spent) 2 months of their 12 month contract value. So the Chooks will have paid Mitchell 2/12th's of his contract already (eg; if his contract is, say, $600k then they will have already paid $100k). It would be most unusual for a contract termination to be back dated, legally it would terminate on the actual signing date. Commonly any new contract starts on the signing date and then terminates on 31st October the following year. So in salary cap terms that's $100k in their cap not in his new club's cap. Even if his new club "repaid" the chooks the $100k it's still included in their cap ie; they paid the player. So the longer his new club stalls signing him the more the chooks pay (in their cap) and the less the new club wears (in their cap).

At the risk of repeating myself, what happens in cash terms is irrelevant to us, we have plenty of cash. It's what's included/excluded from our salary cap that's important.

Go Dogs
Yeah but that applies to all non-Rorters clubs so doesn’t really help us.

Anyway the club won’t sign him, costs too much and isn’t “bulldogs DNA”...now if his last name was Britt, we’d sign him in a flash.

JPitz13

Waterboy
Reaction score
Up to shit to put it nicely. After all the positions where weak in, we bring in 2 more backrowers.
They must have some faith in these young centres.
Well fucking play them. We will roll out the same shit as early last season just based on selections
We have good young backrows in Junior coming through? Why buy more? My money is on Javvier Pitovao coming through if gets a chance?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Up to shit to put it nicely. After all the positions where weak in, we bring in 2 more backrowers.
They must have some faith in these young centres.
Well fucking play them. We will roll out the same shit as early last season just based on selections
As far as our recruitment goes thus far I share your sentiments.