Opinion How I will be judging our season in 2019.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont see a reason why we cant compete for the top 8

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we don't go undefeated and win the Premiership then Pay should be sacked and replaced by Sir Steve Georgallis. Some might say i'm being very harsh, bur tbf losing makes me sad and i don't like being sad.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we'll hang around the bottom of the top 8 most of the season.

The team gave full effort for all but two or three games and the style of play was great to watch by the end of the year.

Hopefully they can take that momentum into this season. Obviously losing Klemmer hurts but considering the turmoil of last season and how well they finished the year, hopefully with some new signings and combinations clicking we can sneak into the finals this season.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
from last year we've lost

Mbye
Woods
Jmoz
Bmoz
Klemmer

Frawley and more

we brought in

Napa (cant play many minutes at all, will spend more time off the field suspended than on it)
Cogger (seems like a Frawley replacement, cant kick or pass, struggles in defence)
Meaney (was hyped but from what I saw he has little speed, no evasive skills and very no frills)
CHN (the one slight hope for next year)

our backline looks thread bare next year, we have no backup hooker and our front row worries me floppalolo will have to play more minutes so plenty of dropped balls, penalties and lazy defence, our halves I have doubts about, when Foran goes down who partners Lewis and if he goes down too who else steps up

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My kpi is top 8 in 2019

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're going to play an exciting brand of football judging on what we saw in the latter part of the year with the addition of the rookies.... We will be more aggressive with the addition of Sue, Napa and CHN..... I can see us making the 8

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first few rounds are very important for the dogs in 2019. This year we had a shocking draw and kept making excuses for not winning the early games. Next year we should be thinking about beating the warriors and eels to start the season off well.

I definitely feel scared about not having b and j moz around. I think we will miss them in d.

But, i also feel excited about some of our players.
1. Lewis is so mature and is looking very confident.
2. Foran is motivated to prove he still has it. I think he will go much better this year.
3. Ray faitala is also motivated and ready after missing many games due to injury.
4. Napa has the perfect opportunity to shine. 5. Smith and holland know they gelled very well last year. Will look to kick off from where they left off and improve.
6. Chrichton has fresh and new legs.

I really do think the dogs will perform better next year. No excuses for not making 8

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we don't go undefeated and win the Premiership then Pay should be sacked and replaced by Sir Steve Georgallis. Some might say i'm being very harsh, bur tbf losing makes me sad and i don't like being sad.
I wouldn't have thought you had anything to compare it too... I don't imagine you have ever been happy :tearsofjoy:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
from last year we've lost

Mbye
Woods
Jmoz
Bmoz
Klemmer

Frawley and more

we brought in

Napa (cant play many minutes at all, will spend more time off the field suspended than on it)
Cogger (seems like a Frawley replacement, cant kick or pass, struggles in defence)
Meaney (was hyped but from what I saw he has little speed, no evasive skills and very no frills)
CHN (the one slight hope for next year)

our backline looks thread bare next year, we have no backup hooker and our front row worries me floppalolo will have to play more minutes so plenty of dropped balls, penalties and lazy defence, our halves I have doubts about, when Foran goes down who partners Lewis and if he goes down too who else steps up
Wow... you almost make @Nabsolutely Fabulous appear optimistic

Also, If you're going to talk about Napa being off the field then why are you concerned about the loss of BMoz? he has spent more time on the sideline than Napa all be it for different reasons... but who knows how much B Moz will feature in 2019

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alex Johnston is being shunted to the wing by Bennett and is unhappy

How about our club show some foresight and sign him as our fullback

We need fkn speed
They don’t have his number

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commitment in defence is the key factor for me. We won’t have the same fluency in attack as other teams so it’s our D that will keep us in games - or not!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought you had anything to compare it too... I don't imagine you have ever been happy :tearsofjoy:
Every time i see Alisson i feel happy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Alex Johnston is being shunted to the wing by Bennett and is unhappy

How about our club show some foresight and sign him as our fullback

We need fkn speed
Wish he was our left winger tbh

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be over the moon if we play finals footy next year and to be honest if we have minimal injuries I will disappointed if we aren’t pushing for top 8.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the very least I expect an improvement on 2018..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The same place we scored our 38 against the Dragons at Kogarah..
Pressure free footy against notorious chokers? Sounds reliable pfft.