News How Gould’s hands are all over Dogs; Jimmy Brings

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GUs is good at what he does but we shouldn't be looking to him as our saviour. He's still human and can still make mistakes, problem with our fans is we jump from one "saviour" to the next whether that be a coach, player or management.
100%

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cmon Bazil what..? Yes he was an international and played SOO. Do you remember him playing especially origin? I do and he wasn't a match winner, same at club level but was a very skillful player. I am not rubbishing his footy ability but I ceratinly wont talk up his mental toughness or his coaching ability as both are lacking.

Mate, I am sure a few think I am being a prick about him. I just don't agree about persisting with him after nearly 18 months of hoping he would prove everyone wrong, and that all his poor coaching results previously didn't reflect the talent he has for coaching. You have your opinion and you can stay hopeful.
Nah you are alright mate I just wanted to say hello and have a convo with you. Feel like we fell out after the disagreement on bringing Bennett out of the nursing home back to coach the dogs.

But i first watched Baz at St Gregory’s college he was a stand out footy player and as a youngster watching him he was the man. Don’t think playing with choc did his career the world of good in the early days but hey it’s all irrelevant. He hasn’t been here 18 months has he? Thought he took over in November 2020? dealt with a shit load of injuries suspensions and trying to turn over a roster and implement a new playing style all with no GM of footy until recently. I think he deserves next year to get some serious results as in a finals birth and then I’d happily join your side of the fence if he doesn’t achive that.

But in terms of being a champion player I’d say it would be hard to say somebody represented their state and country in one of the toughest games of all and not be considered a champion.

P.S got some left overs bbq if you are keen. Cheers

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defensive coaching is number 1 priority shit is bad.
Why are defensive coaches usually a forward who was a good defender rather than say a fullback who spent his life organising the defensive line or a former captain or half who could do that. I guess there's a difference between tackle technique (where to hit, locking up the ball, slowing the play-the-ball etc), and things like line-speed and reading the attack, but we're not good at any of it.

I'm sick of seeing three in our tackles and no-one going low. Then when we occasionally do have someone going low, it drops the bloke!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah you are alright mate I just wanted to say hello and have a convo with you. Feel like we fell out after the disagreement on bringing Bennett out of the nursing home back to coach the dogs.

But i first watched Baz at St Gregory’s college he was a stand out footy player and as a youngster watching him he was the man. Don’t think playing with choc did his career the world of good in the early days but hey it’s all irrelevant. He hasn’t been here 18 months has he? Thought he took over in November 2020? dealt with a shit load of injuries suspensions and trying to turn over a roster and implement a new playing style all with no GM of footy until recently. I think he deserves next year to get some serious results as in a finals birth and then I’d happily join your side of the fence if he doesn’t achive that.

But in terms of being a champion player I’d say it would be hard to say somebody represented their state and country in one of the toughest games of all and not be considered a champion.

No issue at all mate and to be fair I didn't think we fell out at all. That's why forums like this can be fun, as it would be boring as shit if we all sat around going " yeah I love them to" "and you are so right" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: The Choc dynamic would be difficult for anyone and back in the day for a bit I thought it would be good if we could snare him to the Dogs. He was bigger for a 5/8 and he had all the skills but I just always questioned his mental toughness. Anyone that loves the game would kill to have his CV as a player with rep appearances etc. but like Hindy never won a comp and as a half he has a major role in that.

As for what's happening now if it wasn't for Skelator being a possible option all be it a small one, I would be stuck praying that Gus pulls his strings like a puppet until a better option materializes.

Can you honestly tell me that after 18 months of Barrett discussion ( I was referring to when we started neg with him) and not just our results this year but player development, will he win us a comp???

P.S This weekend I am doing 10hr Philly steak and cheese rolls to watch us on Sunday.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No issue at all mate and to be fair I didn't think we fell out at all. That's why forums like this can be fun, as it would be boring as shit if we all sat around going " yeah I love them to" "and you are so right" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: The Choc dynamic would be difficult for anyone and back in the day for a bit I thought it would be good if we could snare him to the Dogs. He was bigger for a 5/8 and he had all the skills but I just always questioned his mental toughness. Anyone that loves the game would kill to have his CV as a player with rep appearances etc. but like Hindy never won a comp and as a half he has a major role in that.

As for what's happening now if it wasn't for Skelator being a possible option all be it a small one, I would be stuck praying that Gus pulls his strings like a puppet until a better option materializes.

Can you honestly tell me that after 18 months of Barrett discussion ( I was referring to when we started neg with him) and not just our results this year but player development, will he win us a comp???

P.S This weekend I am doing 10hr Philly steak and cheese rolls to watch us on Sunday.
Mate if I’m being totally honest although he has a lot of support from all that know him his nick name was tampon do I need to elaborate? Just had dodgy hammies.

Yeah mate I get it totally do I just think with Gus he can hopefully
Grow and a better roster I’d like to think we really start winning games next year. My reservation of skeletor is I just think at 70+’years old and wanting to move back to brissy he’s take the money try and win a comp like Des did but leave us f**led afterwards. I think the support of the GM and board is fairly underrated. Even the great Bellamy he gets a lot of support.

Philly steak sounds unreal….

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know a lot of people on here are not,Corey Allan fans,but look back when he took over the fullback role at the rabbits,after the season ending injury to Mitchell,he was constantly one of their best,because he had a set of forwards in front of him,who were doing their job,I believe next year with the squad we are going to have,Allan will come into his own.
Our forwards next year are only moderately better than this year, we’ve got a way to go yet before being considered decent

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

First time I saw him play for Illawarra knew straight away he would be a gun
Big half in the Fittler mould

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
First time I saw him play for Illawarra knew straight away he would be a gun
Big half in the Fittler mould
Yeah he was a bright spark in that Illawarra side and he was great at taking the line on… I think that’s part of his issue with Flanno is he won’t take the line on.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gould will be drawing up a list of x-factor players we have vs the overpaid duds.

x-factor. Burto, Foxx, Naden, Averillo, Dufty, Cotric, TPJ, Thompson

overpaid duds, Elliott, Crapa etc.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards next year are only moderately better than this year, we’ve got a way to go yet before being considered decent
Vaughan,tpj along with jacko thommo,a better pack than we currently have.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus was given Hudson Young wraps last night. A better version of Adam Elliot. Wouldn't mind him in our team in lieu of a couple of tried and failed in our squad.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I would get rid of all of this shit these are our most shittest contracted that offer nothing

Hetherington
Elliott
Flanagan
Allan
Stimson
Waddell
Wakeham

by end of 22 or sooner and keep dosh aside for when we have a chance to poach Haas or NAS
Or even sign JPaulo would look good in blue and white

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i believe Gus is a smart man.
I believe Gus gave flanagan and Allen a chance to prove themselves and they fucked it up.
This is not Barrets or Gus's fault.
the responsibilty lies squarely on th3 shoulders on the 2 players.
Agree and there’s more to it than just that, an active NRL player is far more marketable than one that’s inactive… you don’t get to where Gus is in his career without knowing exactly what he’s doing and being 3 moves ahead of the field…

Let him go to work and do his thing.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He didn't need to see them play, he needed to see them selected.

Classic base line puppet master, wanted to see Barrett reaction to being told to select them in this positions..and how he followed through

Gus now knows Barret is his bitch.
I don’t think so…

There’s a methodology behind it and that’s not it.

Trust the process…

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chisdog - loved the pickup with the spelling inconsistency. Well spotted indeed. My wife tells me I'm OCD about that kind of stuff, but she must be wrong because I didn't notice the "Allan" and "Allen" thing until you pointed it out. Cheers, RookieDog
I'll tell you a secret. If I reply to someone's post & there are spelling errors in their, I fix them up in the reply! Oh & I make them too but I try to correct them when I see them.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think so…

There’s a methodology behind it and that’s not it.

Trust the process…
You can think whatever you like as can I.

I agree there is a method behind it but that is where we stop agreeing, it is part of what Gus does with his subordinates, he gets his baseline, see if they follow without question and then when questions start he knows its time to move them on.
Did with Cleary, did with Hook and now Barrett.

Barrett being sacked won't happen until the day he stops following Gus word.
Trust the process