How elite agents do business (The Matt Burton exit strategy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like one of these hatters, who has to keep making his hats, even the mighty "Gun looks a goose when he corrects someone else's post and gets it wrong.

It's que sera (sera) from the Spanish.
No second prizes champ … already been there done that, he tried to write it off as it was just a joke,

But we all know he F’ed up ..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No second prizes champ … already been there done that, he tried to write it off as it was just a joke,

But we all know he F’ed up ..
FFS you're a dope.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS you're a dope.
Everyone knows who the dope is … carry on trolling as I now hit the ignore forever button …

Elliot is better than Taumalolo

I’ll never read or respond to your dribble again .. I’m embarrassed I did in the first place … do everyone a favour, please become a Knights fan ..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Everyone knows who the dope is … carry on trolling as I now hit the ignore forever button …

I’ll never read or respond to your dribble again .. I’m embarrassed I did in the first place … do everyone a favour, please become a Knights fan ..
Talk about living rent free. :tearsofjoy:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You do realise this is exactly what the gun wants, so you're playing right into his hands by responding.

If he really annoys you that much just ignore him and don't comment, that's my two cents anyway

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You do realise this is exactly what the gun wants, so you're playing right into his hands by responding.

If he really annoys you that much just ignore him and don't comment, that's my two cents anyway
Shhhhh he’s super smart. He doesn’t like having things explained to him

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Occasionally your posts are kind of funny to watch. But unfortunately, to simply say that agents look after their clients and pretend you have sort of revolutionary insights is poor. We already know that. Get better at your craft.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-matt-burton-contract-kicking-nfl-approach-nfl-combine-canterburybankstown-bulldogs-cameron-ciraldo-phil-gould-signings/news-story/30ef18beee3ee66cfbd0f6da1a98f64c

Hi La Familiars,

I thought I would share this enlightening article, in which David Riolo plants the seeds for Burton's inevitable exit, while also making him look like a great guy who wants to stay. This really is evidence of an elite agent working at the absolute top of his game. Even me - a proud Doggies fan, can't help but to shake my head appreciatively in a 'you dirty dog, you' type gesture.

Note how Riolo goes to great pains to bring up the fact Burto has been approached by NFL scouts to jack up his price. One of the oldest tricks in the trade.

He also adds this little caveat:

“But for Bulldogs fans and faithful, unless it goes horribly askew there will be no reason, provided they can come up with his market value, which I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t (sign a contract),” Riolo said.

Total word salad, but word salad is an agent's bread and butter. This is masterful work, really. Riolo expertly makes it look like Burton wants to stay, that he is a Bulldog at heart and that it would take a major error by the club (or for things to go 'horribly askew) for him not to stay. He also mentions the dreaded term 'market value' of course - which roughly translates to whatever exorbitant amount some dumbass club is willing to pay.

Astute observers can take the clear inference from these words that Burton will walk if the dogs aren't willing to offer massive overs to keep him. But most won't be sharp enough to pick up on this. The way Riolo words it - making it sound like the deal is practically done, means Burton will be able to walk away looking like the good guy - with absolutely no blood on his hands, and fans will automatically blame the club for screwing up when Burto inevitably signs a $1.4 million per season deal with the Titans.

Don't expect Burto to be here in 2024 unless Gus is willing to part with $1.4 million a season.

You're lucky you have a thinking man like me to point this out to you, fam. If not for me, you'd all just be doe eyed and lost in Riolo's words about how much Burto woves the cwub, despite the fact he has only been here for one year and probably still has a panther tattoo on his backside.
Most TK's might treat your Threads and posts as those of a self indulgent kid. However the pattern of your posts tell me that you promote the players who have proven themselves to be very average at best re Elliot and Allen..
It is also very clear that you death ride players who have proven themselves to be amongst the very best in their positions, such as Mahoney and Kikau.
You have said that you support our club, but by death ride Burton's contract you have proven yourself beyond any doubt that you hate our club, and by posting it you have proven yourself to be a liar and a piece of shit, THINKING MAN.
I don't know why our Mods don't ban poster who actually hate our beloved club.
As for your alter ego. Flanagun, it is now a month since you have been able to negotiate with clubs for 2024 and beyond, how many $1Mill offers have your received so far.
I know he is well past it but I would rather C C plays Josh Reynolds at HB instead of you in 2023.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Most TK's might treat your Threads and posts as those of a self indulgent kid. However the pattern of your posts tell me that you promote the players who have proven themselves to be very average at best re Elliot and Allen..
It is also very clear that you death ride players who have proven themselves to be amongst the very best in their positions, such as Mahoney and Kikau.
You have said that you support our club, but by death ride Burton's contract you have proven yourself beyond any doubt that you hate our club, and by posting it you have proven yourself to be a liar and a piece of shit, THINKING MAN.
I don't know why our Mods don't ban poster who actually hate our beloved club.
As for your alter ego. Flanagun, it is now a month since you have been able to negotiate with clubs for 2024 and beyond, how many $1Mill offers have your received so far.
I know he is well past it but I would rather C C plays Josh Reynolds at HB instead of you in 2023.
They don’t ban me because I obey community guidelines. Calling a fellow forum member a piece of shit is a breach of community guidelines, though. So is saying dons of the horrendous things you’ve said about gay people.

I would suggest that if anyone here deserves a holiday from TK it would be you. Keep verbally abusing me and you just might get one.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-matt-burton-contract-kicking-nfl-approach-nfl-combine-canterburybankstown-bulldogs-cameron-ciraldo-phil-gould-signings/news-story/30ef18beee3ee66cfbd0f6da1a98f64c

Hi La Familiars,

I thought I would share this enlightening article, in which David Riolo plants the seeds for Burton's inevitable exit, while also making him look like a great guy who wants to stay. This really is evidence of an elite agent working at the absolute top of his game. Even me - a proud Doggies fan, can't help but to shake my head appreciatively in a 'you dirty dog, you' type gesture.

Note how Riolo goes to great pains to bring up the fact Burto has been approached by NFL scouts to jack up his price. One of the oldest tricks in the trade.

He also adds this little caveat:

“But for Bulldogs fans and faithful, unless it goes horribly askew there will be no reason, provided they can come up with his market value, which I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t (sign a contract),” Riolo said.

Total word salad, but word salad is an agent's bread and butter. This is masterful work, really. Riolo expertly makes it look like Burton wants to stay, that he is a Bulldog at heart and that it would take a major error by the club (or for things to go 'horribly askew) for him not to stay. He also mentions the dreaded term 'market value' of course - which roughly translates to whatever exorbitant amount some dumbass club is willing to pay.

Astute observers can take the clear inference from these words that Burton will walk if the dogs aren't willing to offer massive overs to keep him. But most won't be sharp enough to pick up on this. The way Riolo words it - making it sound like the deal is practically done, means Burton will be able to walk away looking like the good guy - with absolutely no blood on his hands, and fans will automatically blame the club for screwing up when Burto inevitably signs a $1.4 million per season deal with the Titans.

Don't expect Burto to be here in 2024 unless Gus is willing to part with $1.4 million a season.

You're lucky you have a thinking man like me to point this out to you, fam. If not for me, you'd all just be doe eyed and lost in Riolo's words about how much Burto woves the cwub, despite the fact he has only been here for one year and probably still has a panther tattoo on his backside.
Don't be sad that Burto has options and is wanted elsewhere

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
All this negotiation stuff is normal run of the mill. Negotiated too hard, you lose. Too soft you lose.

If Burton goes too hard and greedy thanks to his manager, then he begins to deny other players that extra 50 - 100K to help them make a living in the team - it begins to ruin the cohesion of the team. Gus knows that and most coaches know you can't get carried away and negotiation with the fear of losing a great player - you have to let them walk if another team is over extending. You will always be better off if you keep your pants on when shark agents are in the water.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not even an elite agent will get Flanagan another contract here

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happened to Flanaguns reading of Burton's body language and comments that supposedly showed how much he hated the club and his teammates and he'd already made up his mind about leaving???

Could Flanagun's powers of fortune telling and being a body language expert be wrong? That can't be....

Status
Not open for further replies.