How elite agents do business (The Matt Burton exit strategy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Money isn't everything... For a knock about country boy with a tight nit family what's a kid gonna do hanging around 50 foreign behemoths with a different attitude and mind-set in another country constantly kicking a ball and nothing else?

Its a retirement package for the kid instead of SL just like many AFL guys and he knows that already.

And for fcuk sake bring on 2023 already so we don't have to keep reading your constant dribble.
Relax, fam., More footy means even more thread ideas for the 'gun.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hi mate,

Do you see yourself signing/playing with the dogs in the future ?
Definitely, fam! I have informed the club of my goal of being the Dogs' halfback for the next 10 years and am currently in discussions with my Dad about him buying a house in Lakemba.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely, fam! I have informed the club of my goal of being the Dogs' halfback for the next 10 years and am currently in discussions with my Dad about him buying a house in Lakemba.
That's great news. Try looking around Haldon street. A few good food spots in Lebkemba.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dribbble me this dribble me that Flangun is a kennel sewer rat....be he wrong be he a troll our former utility is a proud persisting smElliot mole.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-matt-burton-contract-kicking-nfl-approach-nfl-combine-canterburybankstown-bulldogs-cameron-ciraldo-phil-gould-signings/news-story/30ef18beee3ee66cfbd0f6da1a98f64c

Hi La Familiars,

I thought I would share this enlightening article, in which David Riolo plants the seeds for Burton's inevitable exit, while also making him look like a great guy who wants to stay. This really is evidence of an elite agent working at the absolute top of his game. Even me - a proud Doggies fan, can't help but to shake my head appreciatively in a 'you dirty dog, you' type gesture.

Note how Riolo goes to great pains to bring up the fact Burto has been approached by NFL scouts to jack up his price. One of the oldest tricks in the trade.

He also adds this little caveat:

“But for Bulldogs fans and faithful, unless it goes horribly askew there will be no reason, provided they can come up with his market value, which I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t (sign a contract),” Riolo said.

Total word salad, but word salad is an agent's bread and butter. This is masterful work, really. Riolo expertly makes it look like Burton wants to stay, that he is a Bulldog at heart and that it would take a major error by the club (or for things to go 'horribly askew) for him not to stay. He also mentions the dreaded term 'market value' of course - which roughly translates to whatever exorbitant amount some dumbass club is willing to pay.

Astute observers can take the clear inference from these words that Burton will walk if the dogs aren't willing to offer massive overs to keep him. But most won't be sharp enough to pick up on this. The way Riolo words it - making it sound like the deal is practically done, means Burton will be able to walk away looking like the good guy - with absolutely no blood on his hands, and fans will automatically blame the club for screwing up when Burto inevitably signs a $1.4 million per season deal with the Titans.

Don't expect Burto to be here in 2024 unless Gus is willing to part with $1.4 million a season.

You're lucky you have a thinking man like me to point this out to you, fam. If not for me, you'd all just be doe eyed and lost in Riolo's words about how much Burto woves the cwub, despite the fact he has only been here for one year and probably still has a panther tattoo on his backside.
I could actually feel my IQ level dropping as I read this .. who takes the time to write a post like this just to state the blatantly fucking obvious ?

Are these just troll posts or does this bloke really think people are that stupid that they don’t pick up on these things and we need his huge brain to spell it out for us.

2 questions for you,

Will your next post explain to us dummy’s why we have a day time and a night time ?

And, do you write these troll posts while looking at yourself in the mirror, because it sound like you do?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I could actually feel my IQ level dropping as I read this .. who takes the time to write a post like this just to state the blatantly fucking obvious ?

Are these just troll posts or does this bloke really think people are that stupid that they don’t pick up on these things and we need his huge brain to spell it out for us.

2 questions for you,

Will your next post explain to us dummy’s why we have a day time and a night time ?

And, do you write these troll posts while looking at yourself in the mirror, because it sound like you do?

If your IQ level drops from reading my posts you should stop, fam. I don't think you have too many spare points to play with.

1. We have a day time and night time because like the rest of us, the sun gets tired and needs to sleep.
2. Stop asking silly questions. How could I look at a mirror and my screen at the same time?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tell that to Riolo!

I don't want all of it....1.1-1.2 million would be more than sufficient, baby!
I'll give u tree fiddy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your IQ level drops from reading my posts you should stop, fam. I don't think you have too many spare points to play with.

1. We have a day time and night time because like the rest of us, the sun gets tired and needs to sleep.
2. Stop asking silly questions. How could I look at a mirror and my screen at the same time?
From the blatantly obvious to speculation … expected type of response from you …

With that huge brain of yours I’m sure you could work out how to look at the mirror give yourself a wink and then turn back to the screen, like come on, you even worked out what a players manager was really trying to do … we’re all so in awe of you …

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
From the blatantly obvious to speculation … expected type of response from you …

With that huge brain of yours I’m sure you could work out how to look at the mirror give yourself a wink and then turn back to the screen, like come on, you even worked out what a players manager was really trying to do … we’re all so in awe of you …
You seem a bit angry. Do you resent me for my intelligence?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem a bit angry. Do you resent me for my intelligence?

No anger here, and after reading even 10% of your posts and comments on TK here there’s not a lot to resent.

Would be nice if you contributed some intelligent Bulldogs information and chat once in a while like so many other doggies fans on TK do, instead of the pages and pages of relentless trolling baiting and dribble that you write ..

If you truely believe you’re intelligent, try adding something worthwhile to TK for a change ..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton isn't going anywhere and he is never worth that much. Shut the fuck up for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.