How Dogs (and other NRL clubs) can match the Roosters

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby league is a dying sport, and teams like the Roosters, Melbourne etc..... who cheat the cap create an unfair playing field due to the fact they sign all the talented players and there's not enough talented players to go around.... the shit organisation running the sport need to either pull these teams up regarding their salary cap (we all know it will never ever happen) or decrease the number of teams... otherwise for the next decade at least the Roosters are going to win at least another 5 comps....
The Storm arent cheating the cap.. They are actually a team that often releases players and rely on unearthing & developimg unknown players..

The Roosters on the other hand consistently sign the biggest names and best players in the league and always have the best roster in the comp..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far to many forget about media power, the only way to beat the Roosters is to beat Ch9.
Form a break away comp. Ch9 need Rugby League and the Roosters strength is Ch9.
The only way to get rid of a nasty snake is to cut off its head.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TRUE STORY

A current up & coming NRL Player visited the Roosters in one of the last few off seasons as the Roosters were courting him to join them at the end of his contract.

As this player was from out of town, the Roosters organised him a car from the airport to commute to their facilities.

Once his meeting was over & he was ready to leave, he was told by the Roosters that to show their appreciation for his time, they organised for him in the car a sports bag full of goodies for him to accept with no obligation.

When he opened the bag to see what gifts he had been given, he was amazed to find 20 thousand dollars cash inside.

He politely declined the gift & ended up re-signing with his current club.

20k to a player that wasn't even on their books yet, so imagine what extras they give to their contracted stars.

I know a lot of you will say that this story is B.S, but its not. It came directly from the horses mouth.

I also know that most of you will want to know which player it was, but unfortunately I will not publish his name as it would have major ramifications for a good honest young fella just starting out & he doesn't deserve that.

Believe it or not, bag me or not - I'm telling you all, this happened.

Unless other clubs come up with lots of cash money & a powerful staunch boss like Nick Politis that everyone is too scared to mess with because of his power & connections, then no one will ever be able to compete with them.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How Dogs (and other NRL clubs) can match the Roosters
Find some clever accountants and staff willing to pay players with brown paper bags.

I don't know why people act like the Roosters have some sort of scientific formula.

Any club that had this back line would win the comp by a mile:

1. James Tedesco (Roosters bought after he was a star)
5. Brett Morris (Roosters bought after he was a star)
6. Luke Keary (Roosters bought after he was a star)
7. Cooper Cronk (Roosters bought after he was a star)

On top of that you can add Angus Chrichton bought from Souths when he was already a star.

Find me an NRL club where I have an open cheque book and I'll give you the exact same result.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Find some clever accountants and staff willing to pay players with brown paper bags.

I don't know why people act like the Roosters have some sort of scientific formula.

Any club that had this back line would win the comp by a mile:

1. James Tedesco (Roosters bought after he was a star)
5. Brett Morris (Roosters bought after he was a star)
6. Luke Keary (Roosters bought after he was a star)
7. Cooper Cronk (Roosters bought after he was a star)

On top of that you can add Angus Chrichton bought from Souths when he was already a star.

Find me an NRL club where I have an open cheque book and I'll give you the exact same result.
And they try and tell us mugs Robinson is a super coach...rofl

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the Roosters don't win this grand final it will be one of the biggest chokes of recent memory. They have an all start international back line while most other clubs are scratching around for just consistent first grade players.
Only the Roosters could have an English test star in Reserve Grade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Storm arent cheating the cap.. They are actually a team that often releases players and rely on unearthing & developimg unknown players..

The Roosters on the other hand consistently sign the biggest names and best players in the league and always have the best roster in the comp..
Wrong the storm cheating the cap last season... remember they had to shed players to get under the cap this season... yet they had Slater and Hoffman in their squad and losing their contracts wasn't enough to get them under, so yeah blatant cheating

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If the Roosters don't win this grand final it will be one of the biggest chokes of recent memory. They have an all start international back line while most other clubs are scratching around for just consistent first grade players.
Most punters said SBW main factor in their previous Premiership, Cronk in their last and again the main influencer in this years'.

Robinson has had the best, on paper, team for a few years, yet can't deliver without the help of these superstars. Poosters the whole lot of 'em.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most punters said SBW main factor in their previous Premiership, Cronk in their last and again the main influencer in this years'.

Robinson has had the best, on paper, team for a few years, yet can't deliver without the help of these superstars. Poosters the whole lot of 'em.

It's silly if anybody thinks Cronk was the main man last year.. sure he made it all about himself, but their big men were the key for mine.. they were bullying teams out of games.. Jake Friend was massive, along with Takiaho, Radley, JWH, Aubo, Manu etc all just monstering their opposite man...gave their spine so much to work off; it was one of the more dominant efforts from a team in finals footy that I have seen in a while... took me back to 2004

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
personally, i also think its lifestyle

Bondi or Bankstown???? lol

Not bagging bankstown (i'm a 2199 residence)

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We and other clubs need to bid top dollars for their elite stars whenever they come up for contract. If we don't approach them thinking "oh Uncle Nick will never let him go" then that's playing right into his hands. For every player the Roosters "want to keep" I hope us and other clubs offer at least 200K a season more. We need to push up their price as much as possible to put as much pressure on them as possible.
This would be a brilliant strategy except for the fact it happens in the exact opposite of what you state above. Nearly every single off contract player is associated with the Roosters by their management to inflate their price with their current or potential club. If you think you can reverse that trend, than all power to you bud.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wondered when this troll would come out of the woodwork here.
lolololol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
personally, i also think its lifestyle

Bondi or Bankstown???? lol

Not bagging bankstown (i'm a 2199 residence)

even in 2004 a large portion of our players lived in the Eastern Suburbs.. I think we're just lucky that we are a proud club with a good history and that is still a selling point for us.. otherwise we'd be fucked

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wrong the storm cheating the cap last season... remember they had to shed players to get under the cap this season... yet they had Slater and Hoffman in their squad and losing their contracts wasn't enough to get them under, so yeah blatant cheating
The Storm cheated the cap last season?.. I know theyve lost good players consistently yearly to help manage the cap..

I think the Roosters are the most blatant than anyone..

They sign Superstars, the most sought after juniors, and rarely shed great players..

Their record in signing already established superstar players from rival clubs is second to none..

Last season they shed Ferguson replacing him with BMoz and Ryan Hall english internation, and add Chrighton who was an Origin rep..

Most teams cheating the cap are only ever caught after a whistleblower or self disclosure rarely through NRL investigation..

The Roosters are a law unto themselves.. the management structure is unique to other clubs..

Last edited:

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have Uncle Nick and channel 9. Matty Johns podcast with Singo they were making jokes about Politis and the salary cap so it’s common knowledge. There is the story of Players being told to go to a certain pokie machine by Uncle Nick and coming away with a jackpot! Uncle Nick playing golf with Braith Anasta for a few $1k holes. They have been doing this for years and the NRL a too scared to anything about it along with channel 9 as it will blow up in there faces! The culture of the roosters is also bad. The Dylan Napa videos coming out conveniently when he signs with the dogs. Channel 9 hate us even though we have a huge supporter base

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In this theory, 11 players are earning realistic salaries and 19 players are earning unicorn money... not all 19 are on minimum wage, at least half of those 19 would be on double minimum or slightly more.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current structure of the cap is not designed to even the playing field.

The structure is designed for clubs not to go broke so the NRL doesnt have to bail them out.