How does this work (technerds assist)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sold all my Mega-Drive stuff off a few years back. Got only around $1000 or so from memory for the lot. That included 3x Mega-Drives (2x Model II, 1x Original), Sega CD Add-on, 32X Add-on, 5x working controllers and easily 50+ games still in their boxes (Not all great condition to be fair).

I hope they're in a better place. lol

EDIT: Some oldies I found of my stuff:View attachment 13298

View attachment 13299
Brother you should've held onto that stuff for nostalgia purposes :D That's all gold man.

But why did you buy multiple consoles and 3 x Sonic 2 games from what I can see lol?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brother you should've held onto that stuff for nostalgia purposes :D That's all gold man.

But why did you buy multiple consoles and 3 x Sonic 2 games from what I can see lol?
Haha I know! But they were sitting at home in a grage that would get to 50 degrees during summers. Was better off letting it all go before they all melted down!

The multiple console thing was because one was original my grandparents, one I picked up cheap as a combo with the addons and then there was my original I had growing up. Sonic 2 was bundled with the consoles back then and was so common. I think I had even more than 3! Back then Sonic 2 game manuals were practically as common as toilet paper lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha I know! But they were sitting at home in a grage that would get to 50 degrees during summers. Was better off letting it all go before they all melted down!

The multiple console thing was because one was original my grandparents, one I picked up cheap as a combo with the addons and then there was my original I had growing up. Sonic 2 was bundled with the consoles back then and was so common. I think I had even more than 3! Back then Sonic 2 game manuals were practically as common as toilet paper lol
To this day, I still play Sonic 2 on the Master System. It's a completely different port to the Mega Drive. Man that game really showed the world what 8 bit was capable of (along with Streets of Rage 1).

Man seriously Sega was the shit back in the day.

Check this out... Altered Beast sounds Arcade vs Mega Drive (Genesis) - Mega Drive is far more superior without question lol...

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To this day, I still play Sonic 2 on the Master System. It's a completely different port to the Mega Drive. Man that game really showed the World what 8 bit was capable off (along with Streets of Rage 1).

Man seriously Sega was the shit back in the day.

Check this out... Altered Beast sounds Arcade vs Mega Drive (Genesis) - Mega Drive is far more superior without question lol...

Both sound beautiful in their own way!

Sega could've had it all. They're issue was themselves in the end. Where Nintendo stuck solid with the SNES and concentrated on making AAA games, Sega kept thinking they needed to improve the hardware with add-on releases and successor console like the Saturn and Dreamcast. All Sega had to do was nothing. Release a new Sonic game every year or so and build their games collection.

Sega had the best marketing though! The best line ever... "Genesis Does What Nintendon't"

Wahesh

Reaction score
Both sound beautiful in their own way!

Sega could've had it all. They're issue was themselves in the end. Where Nintendo stuck solid with the SNES and concentrated on making AAA games, Sega kept thinking they needed to improve the hardware with add-on releases and successor console like the Saturn and Dreamcast. All Sega had to do was nothing. Release a new Sonic game every year or so and build their games collection.

Sega had the best marketing though! The best line ever... "Genesis Does What Nintendon't"
I know man, I remember that back in the days.

I'm glad to know that they got with the times though in recent years when they re-released the Genesis in mini form with 80 built in games and 2 rechargeable bluetooth controllers. You should invest in one of these for nostalgia purposes.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know man, I remember that back in the days.

I'm glad to know that they got with the times though in recent years when they re-released the Genesis in mini form with 80 built in games and 2 rechargeable bluetooth controllers. You should invest in one of these for nostalgia purposes.
I usually get my nostalgia fix through emulation these days. I have a PC connected to my living room TV and just play through that with a PS4 controller.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I usually get my nostalgia fix through emulation these days. I have a PC connected to my living room TV and just play through that with a PS4 controller.
Being the idiot that I am, I'm into collecting die-cast cars (which is way more expensive than I could've imagined) - so I also use emulation on my laptop. Have all Sega and Mega Drive games. Also got a good collection of Neo Geo games. Man that console was so underrated here.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being the idiot that I am, I'm into collecting die-cast cars (which is way more expensive than I could've imagined) - so I also use emulation on my laptop. Have all Sega and Mega Drive games. Also got a good collection of Neo Geo games. Man that console was so underrated here.
Neo geo was great, issue I think in the end was pricing and just bad timing in the end.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Neo geo was great, issue I think in the end was pricing and just bad timing in the end.
Their handheld consoles were great too - the had the landscape setting as opposed to the portrait that Game Boy had. It even has an analogue stick as opposed to the + that Game Boy used.

Then there's this one which is even better.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Sold all my Mega-Drive stuff off a few years back. Got only around $1000 or so from memory for the lot. That included 3x Mega-Drives (2x Model II, 1x Original), Sega CD Add-on, 32X Add-on, 5x working controllers and easily 50+ games still in their boxes (Not all great condition to be fair).

I hope they're in a better place. lol

EDIT: Some oldies I found of my stuff:View attachment 13298

View attachment 13299
images (16).jpeg

See you've got the T2 game there Urban Strike and Jungle Strike were fun too.
Haven't played mine for over 20 years, hope it still works.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Build something perhaps?
Model cars or timber boats?
Fix lawn mowers, cheap as.
There are hobbies you need next to no funds for.
I dunno, whatever you fancy.
You can just about build or teach yourself anything with the help of youtube and other online resources.
Depression is real, sometimes crippling, some times fatal.
I have experience with depression and anxiety and a shitload of other things that werent healthy.
No longer take meds or see doctors etc.
I have a music room were I build/rebuild stuff. Gives me a sense of accomplishment.
Beats watching TV or playing video games for long periods of time. In saying that I think most things are ok in moderation.
Everyone's different.
My hobby could be seen as escapism. Im not hurting anyone. It helps me with motivation to do the shit I dont want to do cause Im negative by nature.
Think we all need an escape or something to do for ourselves.
Some go to the Gym, I spend hours reading boring schematics and soldering.
Whatever keeps you happy and on an even-keel mate.
Some good recommendations from you as well.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still love the original Nintendo with built in Mario bro’s (classic shit) and who could forget the orange and grey gun, for games like duck hunt etc, and as kids, would get so close to the tv the gun would actually tap the screen :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

good old days.!!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Their handheld consoles were great too - the had the landscape setting as opposed to the portrait that Game Boy had. It even has an analogue stick as opposed to the + that Game Boy used.

Then there's this one which is even better.
So cool! I think they used to suck through batteries like no tomorrow! haha

I had an Atari Lynx which was in the same landscape style, but even longer and used even more batteries.

The Gameboy was perfect. Reliable, good battery life, cheaper and great games. Scarily Pokemon was released 10 years after the Gameboy was originally released. So for a console to have sold so well for that decade and then go on to sell 30 million copies of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow is insane numbers.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Still love the original Nintendo with built in Mario bro’s (classic shit) and who could forget the orange and grey gun, for games like duck hunt etc, and as kids, would get so close to the tv the gun would actually tap the screen :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

good old days.!!!
Yeah the Sega had one of those Light Phasers and also 3D glasses. The problem with that hardware was that only a handful of games were compatible with them lol. I tried so hard to play Operation Wolf with the control pad... that gun would've made it so much easier.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah the Sega had one of those Light Phasers and also 3D glasses. The problem with that hardware was that only a handful of games were compatible with them lol. I tried so hard to play Operation Wolf with the control pad... that gun would've made it so much easier.

Haha.. operation wolf, fuck that brings back memories. And yea mate, we all tried to play with the control pad !!

Wahesh

Reaction score
So cool! I think they used to suck through batteries like no tomorrow! haha

I had an Atari Lynx which was in the same landscape style, but even longer and used even more batteries.

The Gameboy was perfect. Reliable, good battery life, cheaper and great games. Scarily Pokemon was released 10 years after the Gameboy was originally released. So for a console to have sold so well for that decade and then go on to sell 30 million copies of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow is insane numbers.
Yeah I know. I had a Game Boy pocket which was worse as it used 2 AAA batteries that died so soon so I ended up buying the adapter. The Pokemon sales stats were insane when you consider that as the technology improved, the series sales numbers went down. I think a lot people started playing them on emulator as it just got too expensive to keep upgrading handheld consoles and buying the game titles.