How do you fight anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really tough question to answer to be honest.

Some days I can give you a whole story on how to fight it... and then there's some days like today where I can't really answer it without lying out of my arse because I'm not following my own advice.

Sundays are always my tough days. I get so anxious and over-worried for the hard week ahead that I end up doing nothing all day as a result.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
I try and find the source of it and attempt to fix that.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What type of anxiety do suffer from
General anxiety disorder ?
Post traumatic ?
Health ?
There are many types what are your symptoms

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really tough question to answer to be honest.

Some days I can give you a whole story on how to fight it... and then there's some days like today where I can't really answer it without lying out of my arse because I'm not following my own advice.

Sundays are always my tough days. I get so anxious and over-worried for the hard week ahead that I end up doing nothing all day as a result.
Im all or nothing if I don't get started I can not move of the lounge or bed for an easy 8 hours . But when I start I dont stop lol just spent 5 hours cleaning the house now I want to get into the garden

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the last year I've had panic attacks almost daily and it's due to an irrational fear of passing out in front of people!

The attacks were pretty bad that I would avoid crowds as much as possible and at times have had to run out of shopping centres with my heart racing at something like 200 bpm. Id be sweating and couldn't catch my breath I truely thought I was carcking it ..

In the last couple of months though i have probably only had one or two .. Not sure why but I think it's due to changing my lifestyle.

I was living on about 4 hours sleep a night over long periods due to work and sh*t but I knew it was affecting me so I took some control .

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Are you seeing someone about it in present?

That helped me considerably.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just get anxiety pretty much from everything.. and my whole family from my mum's side suffer from anxiety as-well.. i tend to get nervous alot alot alot and don't know how to calm myself down

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the last year I've had panic attacks almost daily and it's due to an irrational fear of passing out in front of people!

The attacks were pretty bad that I would avoid crowds as much as possible and at times have had to run out of shopping centres with my heart racing at something like 200 bpm. Id be sweating and couldn't catch my breath I truely thought I was carcking it ..

In the last couple of months though i have probably only had one or two .. Not sure why but I think it's due to changing my lifestyle.

I was living on about 4 hours sleep a night over long periods due to work and sh*t but I knew it was affecting me so I took some control .
I hear ya wolf could not even set foot into a shoping center for years.still not the best at it .keep talking about it jord the more you vent the more you realize you are far from alone .1 huge suggestion is yoga it blew me away how much it could help

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hear ya wolf could not even set foot into a shoping center for years.still not the best at it .keep talking about it jord the more you vent the more you realize you are far from alone .1 huge suggestion is yoga it blew me away how much it could help
Do you still get attacks ? And do you know what triggers it? You suggested yoga in the past but I have yet to try it..
The thing that really surprises me is the amount of people who suffer anxiety!! Maybe it's a secret club like the masons until it happened to me nobody was talking, people ive known for ages or work mates gave no hint/clue that they suffered anxiety
It was only when I mentioned my symptoms did they talk.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you still get attacks ? And do you know what triggers it? You suggested yoga in the past but I have yet to try it..
The thing that really surprises me is the amount of people who suffer anxiety!! Maybe it's a secret club like the masons until it happened to me nobody was talking, people ive known for ages or work mates gave no hint/clue that they suffered anxiety
It was only when I mentioned my symptoms did they talk.. lol
My attacks were 24/7 there was not let up at all I still suffer about 15 to 20 symptoms a day (which is excellent for me ) so while I haven't suffered a full extreme attack in some some its there every day still. But slowly getting better

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Numbness and tinglingDizzinessChest painHeadachesNeck tensionStomach upset, nervous stomachPulsing in the earBurning skinFear of impending doomNauseaShortness of breathElectric shock feelingShooting pains in the faceHeart palpitationsWeakness in legsFeeling like you are going crazyInability to rest. Just a few things

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Numbness and tinglingDizzinessChest painHeadachesNeck tensionStomach upset, nervous stomachPulsing in the earBurning skinFear of impending doomNauseaShortness of breathElectric shock feelingShooting pains in the faceHeart palpitationsWeakness in legsFeeling like you are going crazyInability to rest. Just a few things
Whoa you got the deluxe model! Horrible stuff must make you so frustrated ...I always thought it was a mind over matter thing but got so frustrated when I'd try to talk myself into being rational but my body still panicked. Id be like 'this is a panic attack just relax and then my mind would go what if it isn't what if this really is the end?? Which of course would make my symptoms worse and id have to run away .. I mustve looked like a fruit loop .. Just so frustrating when in real life you consider yourself pretty rational.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couple of beers or walk the dog, if it gets you see the quack.
If you are wronged, anger is an energy.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just get anxiety pretty much from everything.. and my whole family from my mum's side suffer from anxiety as-well.. i tend to get nervous alot alot alot and don't know how to calm myself down
From memory you're pretty young jordzilla, tbh you're best to speak to your doctor about it. I'm probably 20 years older than you and trust me you don't want to be my age wishing you'd done something about it and looking back on lost years.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.