How did you prepare for La Nina?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With La Nina to hit us shortly, how did you prepare ?

Short cut lawns? Extra coat of polish over the car? Nice new tyres? Cancel that beach holiday, Fix those leaks on the roof? Get outside for a tan before the sun is gone ?

Some of you won't be ready for La Nina, I can see it now, no preparatory work.... and some think la Nina is just a name for a latina.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sprayed heaps of insecticide outside my place.. those arachnids will be looking for a place to stay.. my neighbours can deal with em.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I sprayed heaps of insecticide outside my place.. those arachnids will be looking for a place to stay.. my neighbours can deal with em.
I prefer spiders over humans. Spiders keep insects away.
Humans are stupid.

Any species that will poison itself with alcohol and tobacco while being afraid of a fake virus doesn't deserve much respect!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all serious people spray your house. The combination of hot weather and rain will bring out the nasties.

I've sprayed in roof, all windows and doors , all little openings in bricks out side, along fences, around pool, concrete, garages .

La nina will bring em out this week..

There is another thread on here with the black spider. Beware la nina!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Short cut lawns? Extra coat of polish over the car? Nice new tyres? Cancel that beach holiday, Fix those leaks on the roof? Get outside for a tan before the sun is gone ?

Some of you won't be ready for La Nina, I can see it now, no preparatory work.... and some think la Nina is just a name for a latina.
I think you mean El Nino.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well la Nina is here!!.

Ive put an extra coat of sealant on my car to wash off the rain, my insecticide should push the nasties next door,

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Clear out roofing gutters and downpipes.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on... don't home owners park their cars in the garage to avoid the need to waste money on turtle wax?
Good observation... Regrettably there are a few holes in your theory.

Home owners still need to get their feet wet occasionally too, need to drive out of our garage to a restaurant through la Nina, hence the use of paint sealant ... But few home owners if any use turtle wax as it's the cheapest type of wax, we use more exclusive products ..

Last edited: