How did you prepare for La Nina?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm beyond gutted the hole is dripping sweat ,and I thought if anyone knew about maintaining of the hole it would be boost ,
You would need to ask a renter this question. When they drink copious amounts of beer then top it with a kebab, later spray paint the toilet. Not sure what they use to contain the landslide coming from their butt

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
la nina is still coming at you..

Those bad preparers are gonna get washed out. my polish and sealnt treatment on my car saved it from hail damage.

as the water beads up so much, it provided for a cushion to my car when the hail hit it. took the edge off the hail as it was like hitting a swimming pool. by the time it touched my paint, it was like a droplet of water splashing on it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Blue_boost
I mowed the lawn last week as low as possible and got in yesterday afternoon before more rain hit!
I just don’t want you driving passed my place shaking your head and assuming I rent

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost
I mowed the lawn last week as low as possible and got in yesterday afternoon before more rain hit!
I just don’t want you driving passed my place shaking your head and assuming I rent
It's not about me driving by and getting angry, it's about you being of high quality. Your lawn is a reflection of yourself, like the shoes you wear, the watch you wear. Your neighbours would be thinking, he's just a quality guy, can't fault him.

My neighbour is a professor (not sure of what) but he is slack with doing his lawn. He's not a quality guy, he's empty.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to warn you all about la nina but you did nothing about it

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you do?
I bought on a hill. I applied sealant to my car paint work, I have plenty toilet paper so don't need to take unnecessary trips, I mowed the grass so it don't look like a jungle through the rain period

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I bought on a hill. I applied sealant to my car paint work, I have plenty toilet paper so don't need to take unnecessary trips, I mowed the grass so it don't look like a jungle through the rain period
Why apply sealant to a car? Wouldn’t it be better to park your garage in your garage?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but you still need to drive it occasionally? Want me to walk?

I think this rain event really catches out people who tried to save a few Bob and buy a house in an area that floods, or down bottom of a Hill etc.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
A bunch of lube and tissu... oh yeah I mean flood plan and stuff

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I sprayed heaps of insecticide outside my place.. those arachnids will be looking for a place to stay.. my neighbours can deal with em.
Smart man, Ive been staying at my in-laws property for a while now. Massive house / pool villa not crowded... But fuck me they haven't sprayed and I get little caterpillars and garden spiders in the bedroom on the reg. Fuck knows how the ***** get in but they find a way.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well my friends, with one of our favorite sons legging it from this site, I have taken it upon myself to inform that... it's back for the 2nd straight Summer FFS.

Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology has declared a La Niña weather event is under way in the Pacific, bringing the country in line with other agencies, and underscoring the prospect of a relatively cool, damp and stormy summer for much of the north and east.

The declaration, made at a media conference in Melbourne on Tuesday, confirmed a Guardian Australia report. The bureau said it had shifted its outlook for La Niña on its main climate drivers forecast.

“Key atmospheric and oceanic indicators of the El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) show an established La Niña,” the bureau said.

It made the call based on sea-surface temperatures that were close to La Niña thresholds in a key region of the tropical Pacific, with models indicating further cooling was likely. The indicators they watch include the amount of cloud buildup and the strength of trade winds.

“The current model outlooks suggest this La Niña will persist until the late southern hemisphere summer or early autumn 2022,” the bureau said, extending the longevity of the event from earlier predictions that it would begin to dissipate by the end of January.

A majority of the models used by the bureau now predict La Niña thresholds will be met in February 2022.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We're three days into La nina and i'm bloody over it.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its was always happening. The 2 wether patterns switch every couple of years. No biggy.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Well my friends, with one of our favorite sons legging it from this site, I have taken it upon myself to inform that... it's back for the 2nd straight Summer FFS.

Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology has declared a La Niña weather event is under way in the Pacific, bringing the country in line with other agencies, and underscoring the prospect of a relatively cool, damp and stormy summer for much of the north and east.

The declaration, made at a media conference in Melbourne on Tuesday, confirmed a Guardian Australia report. The bureau said it had shifted its outlook for La Niña on its main climate drivers forecast.

“Key atmospheric and oceanic indicators of the El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) show an established La Niña,” the bureau said.

It made the call based on sea-surface temperatures that were close to La Niña thresholds in a key region of the tropical Pacific, with models indicating further cooling was likely. The indicators they watch include the amount of cloud buildup and the strength of trade winds.

“The current model outlooks suggest this La Niña will persist until the late southern hemisphere summer or early autumn 2022,” the bureau said, extending the longevity of the event from earlier predictions that it would begin to dissipate by the end of January.

A majority of the models used by the bureau now predict La Niña thresholds will be met in February 2022.
Work in water and have to work with BOM. ENSO is actually the SOI with a meeting afterwards to see whether they believe it or not. Then there is the IOD, the ONI and lately, the OLR. Generally speaking, they're full of shit unless its bleedingly obvious. I believe the calling has something to do with insurance for big farmer (not big pharma Rodz - put it away).

Why are they full of shit? The models are based on historical observations. Like saying that last year the Dogs had a 5% chance of winning the chip coz they'd won once in the previous 20 years. We all know that 5% is being fckng generous. They've added more sophistication over the years to still get back to the good ole synoptic chart that anyone with half a brain can read.

Overall though - don't really care. I get more OT when BOM says its pissing down so bring in the $$$'s. Happy days....

Wahesh

Reaction score
We're three days into La nina and i'm bloody over it.
You're telling me. I walked into work this morning with wet sock. On the plus side, there's no one else in the office... so... the shoes and socks go off :D