How did the Titans move the players on?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just a question I'm curious on.

You may have noticed, the Titans have managed to move on every player under contract that was taking up cash in the cap.
Cartwright.
Latu
Boyd.

Cartwright apparently wanted to come home for personal reasons. Latu was on 600k as was Boyd.

boyd I'm the most curious on. He had two years left to run. There was a quote a couple of months back that he was willing to retire at seasons end if he got a full payout and won't Budge. Then last week it is confirmed he has retired.

how did Holbrook and the Titans manage (if they did) to get him to walk away from 1.2mil taht he will never get in the game again?

I'm very curious on this answer. I'm also curious from a bulldogs perspective, considering we have DWZ and in previous years, Foran issues and the narrative has always been 'we are stuck with them'.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
boyd I'm the most curious on. He had two years left to run. There was a quote a couple of months back that he was willing to retire at seasons end if he got a full payout and won't Budge. Then last week it is confirmed he has retired.
You answered your own question..................retire at season's end with a full payout .................hence not included in their Cap (the cash doesn't matter). It's easy when both parties agree on terminating the contract, then it's only a mater of agreeing the terms of that termination. The Boyd's are well entrenched in his home town of Cowra where his family has large property holdings. He has somewhere to go with a good life style and a family welcoming him.

Compare that with our situation and it is rather different.

Go Dogs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You answered your own question..................retire at season's end with a full payout .................hence not included in their Cap (the cash doesn't matter). It's easy when both parties agree on terminating the contract, then it's only a mater of agreeing the terms of that termination. The Boyd's are well entrenched in his home town of Cowra where his family has large property holdings. He has somewhere to go with a good life style and a family welcoming him.

Compare that with our situation and it is rather different.

Go Dogs
sorry what?
Of course a payout will be cap included. Thats how it works. otherwise after the Dib thing we would have just unloaded all our players salary cap free back in 2017.

So the skill that Titans have done, is somehow managed to convince boyd to forego the money, or they are carrying it on the cap, or a combo of both.

alot of fans were saying they got lucky when latu left, but i can only presume he went to england as a marquee long deal.

Boyd however is very interesting, especially after publically stating he wants full money.

They may have puilled some salary cap bending trick like signed a contract to dource from his farm to the leagues club or something. i dont know