How Canterbury Bulldogs might sneak in again

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ogs-might-sneak-in-again-20150825-gj7giz.html

This could be the first year that a team outside the top four wins the NRL competition.

The Canterbury Bulldogs are sneaking along in seventh spot and may be the Smokey for the title.

They traditionally play their best football in September and have taken the scalps of Brisbane and Souths in recent weeks.

Last season they got to the grand final from the same position so that won't bother them.

They were there in 2012 as well and although they haven't been able to win on either occasion, this year could be their best chance.

Last weekend the competition was thrown wide open with a number of the contenders losing key players to injury.

The Bulldogs, even though they have lost hooker Michael Lichaa for the season, are in relatively good shape.

They will be further strengthened by the returns of Josh Reynolds and Aiden Tolman before the finals begin.

Reynolds can handle the dummy half role.

He is tough, quick and has a kicking game. He has performed at Origin level and has been in both the Dogs' grand final sides in recent times.

He might even bring something a bit extra at this time of year that they wouldn't have had if the spot hadn't have become available.

Tolman has been a steady leader in the middle over the past few years. Like Reynolds, he is tough and experienced and knows what finals football is all about.

They already have rep players of the likes of Klemer and Kasiano on their bench.

So while the top four teams are trying to overcome the loss of key personnel, the Bulldogs are building form and depth.

They are a funny team, the Dogs.

They can bumble and stumble their way through the regular season but once they get in range, they are a club that traditionally goes to another level at this time of year.

They have a relatively lighter draw than the other finals contenders as well.

While most other finals-bound teams are belting the hell out of each other, the Bulldogs will play the Knights away and the Warriors at home to finalise their preparations.

With six weeks still to go, anything can happen.

The Dogs have been there two out of the past three years.

If they can stay injury-free they have the experience and ability to get there again, even if they have to do it from seventh spot.

The pressure of finals football won't faze them and the door is starting to open.

They might just be in the right place at the right time and in the right shape this year to create history.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this just a ploy from north of the border to lull us into a false sense of security? Where was all this positive press grand final week last year, lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is this just a ploy from north of the border to lull us into a false sense of security? Where was all this positive press grand final week last year, lol.
Last year they were all too busy jizzing over souths and the 42 year thing. Not this time.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just ran it via the Pal pedigree dog years calculator
Typed in 11 years and selected the breed as a bulldog
And it came out at 60 years

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just ran it via the Pal pedigree dog years calculator
Typed in 11 years and selected the breed as a bulldog
And it came out at 60 years
What does it say for a 13 year old boarder collie

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine we get there this yr and its against cows or sharks, it will be like last year....sharks/cows vs who cares lol...I just want to play and beat the rabbits or roosters in gf and that would be the icing on a lovely cake

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine we get there this yr and its against cows or sharks, it will be like last year....sharks/cows vs who cares lol...I just want to play and beat the rabbits or roosters in gf and that would be the icing on a lovely cake
My dream GF would be to hand those cock sucking Broncos their first ever GF loss...avenging '98 at the same time.
Next would be Souffs....avenge last year ....40-0 style a'la Manly v Storm from a few years back
Next beat stom ....avenging 2012.....again 40-0 styles would be nice!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know the broncs have never lost a gf, wow that's a amazing stat so yea would be good to break a record along the way to glory

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a really good feeling about the next 6 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.