How bullshit is Sydney water? Level 2 water restrictions

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Except if you have a digital water meter... then you are up the shit the following day when Sydney Water drop round to ask how you used like 2000L overnight LOL
"Little Johnny locked us out of the bathroom all night and turned the faucet anti-clockwise as much as possible until it fell to the ground and broke."

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless we are all doing it I'm still going to use water till it runs out. Why suffer twice?

It's like being the only considerate person in a household / group... it's futile because people truly don't give a rats about anyone but themselves.. Yes I hate people again

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The renters actually pave the way for water saving initiatives. They never water their lawn, wait for the rain to wash their car and shower as infrequent as possible before someone says something

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weed killer buddy :D Although what I prefer to do is pick them out from the root so the whole thing is plucked. If you simply chop the head of the weeds they'll grow back.
Pre emergent better

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Deep watered my lawns 2 days ago before the next level of restrictions came in.

The bugger of a thing is already crunchy, and feels like walking on shards of grass (not glass).

One thing I can't find out... can you fill up the bucket to water the grass with a hose, or does it have to come from the tap directly? If filling up with a hose it's kinda double handling things, except you never 100% empty a bucket of all water.

Next thing is to track down like a 100 or 200L bucket :D

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how one can deep water a lawn (which is the recommended way to water a lawn) with a bucket.
Is there a bucket size limit.

If not use this.

ed3d35ee3274127e10f497b8d7dda20e.jpg

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The renters actually pave the way for water saving initiatives. They never water their lawn, wait for the rain to wash their car and shower as infrequent as possible before someone says something
you just described my my life

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For any idiot complaining about water restrictions, take a look at these satellite images taken by NASA. If you thing the problem is overcrowding in sydney suburbs, like some do, then remove your self from your pin head sized view of the world, and take these images into consideration.
This is why we need water restrictions. And people simply must follow these instructions, or we will without doubt, run out of water in these built up areas!

Attachments

Wahesh

Reaction score
For any idiot complaining about water restrictions, take a look at these satellite images taken by NASA. If you thing the problem is overcrowding in sydney suburbs, like some do, then remove your self from your pin head sized view of the world, and take these images into consideration.
This is why we need water restrictions. And people simply must follow these instructions, or we will without doubt, run out of water in these built up areas!
Dude, I'm pretty sure you'll find all the greenery that was around in 2010 was not a result of people watering all that land. It would've been similar to that in 2003. If memory serves me correctly, 2010/2011 was when we really started getting some good rainfall, and Warragamba dam actually had to open the flood gates because it hit capacity. These droughts don't last forever, and sooner or later we'll get those flooding rains again.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna do what the wogs do and concrete my whole yard. That way I don't have to worry about watering lawns or gardens again. Problem solved lol. :tongueclosed:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude, I'm pretty sure you'll find all the greenery that was around in 2010 was not a result of people watering all that land. It would've been similar to that in 2003. If memory serves me correctly, 2010/2011 was when we really started getting some good rainfall, and Warragamba dam actually had to open the flood gates because it hit capacity. These droughts don't last forever, and sooner or later we'll get those flooding rains again.
That may well be the case, but it's not the point I'm making. Droughts are coming more and more often, and lasting longer and longer. Unfortunately some people dont seem to get the reality of it because they live in a concrete jungle where they dont see it.
There are also bushfires burning around Waragamba dam atm, and the water levels are extremely low.
But sure, go ahead blueboost, water your lawn and wash your car. Ignorance is bliss right?!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm heading down the Newell next week (Brisbane to Leeton) and expect ti to be pretty dry out there.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But sure, go ahead blueboost, water your lawn and wash your car. Ignorance is bliss right?!
I don't bother washing my car - it only gets dirty again (that's the view i take with the dog as well).

Wahesh

Reaction score
That may well be the case, but it's not the point I'm making. Droughts are coming more and more often, and lasting longer and longer. Unfortunately some people dont seem to get the reality of it because they live in a concrete jungle where they dont see it.
There are also bushfires burning around Waragamba dam atm, and the water levels are extremely low.
Currently at 45.7% - I know it's been dangerously lower though.

I have a solution to low water levels... STOP ALLOWING PEOPLE TO MIGRATE TO SYDNEY AND STOP BUILDING APARTMENT COMPLEXES ON THE SITE OF EVERY ABANDONED FACTORY. That sure as heck will help. I know that Scott Morrison is trying to get people to migrate to regional areas when they move to Australia, so I'll give him credit for that.