Opinion How bad a coach is fitler

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah and a big fuck you to Gallen.
Man this bloke embarrasses us and himself constantly.
How stupid did he look after the game.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nsw lost because of tedesco and Jake T.
Watching that game last night tedesco reminded me of tolman always jumping in the way of the attacks wanting to be ball player or runner or just there.
Jake t gave away a penalty for flop on 4th tackle when qld were on their own 30, another for obstruction and then with 5 to go when they had the ball 20 out and ref calls 6 again decides to kick. Guy is only in any team because of his brother

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching that game last night tedesco reminded me of tolman always jumping in the way of the attacks wanting to be ball player or runner or just there.
Jake t gave away a penalty for flop on 4th tackle when qld were on their own 30, another for obstruction and then with 5 to go when they had the ball 20 out and ref calls 6 again decides to kick. Guy is only in any team because of his brother
Teddy did his best in a team who got dominated and made a 1000 errors. QLD kicking game smarter than blues. Teddy trying to create something having a go. There were times when NSW players didnt want to run the ball, whats he suppose to do.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jerome Luai shouldn’t of been selected for 3 reasons
1. Not the best 5/8 available for NSW.. not even the 4th best… Cleary makes him look good at club level.
2. Not making himself available for Australian selection in the World Cup.
3. Carries on like a fuckwitt most of the time with his west-side hand symbols and manicured eyebrows.
Anymore suggestions?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a laugh reading the news this morning with sports writers and commentators having a crack at Andrew Johns for venting after the game last night. Because he said something like "now we have to listen this bullshit for the next 12 months.." he is copping flack by some saying is petulent or unprofessional as a television commentator..

He is passionate and gets origin, the flops having a crack at him have no idea.
Who were mainly Qld media people, Jim Wilson etc

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think fittler coaching us was a made up thing all along. I dont think we have even considered him tbh. He's not what we need in any way. Makes no sense at all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Came down to QLD wanted it more. That’s it.
Yes and no. Dumb **** Freddy picked a powder puff forward pack that don't like the dirty work.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Different selection criteria and policies with both coach and players.

The interest is sky high in Qld for SOO and With NSW no where near as much...it means a lot more up here.
I've been around for many years and until SOO began I never really saw myself as a New South Welshman first, I was Australian.
But I get the impression that many Queenslanders see themselves as Queenslanders first and Australians second. That's why it means so much.
I mean no disrespect with this. Have I got it wrong?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot how bad Jake was even though he worked hard.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been around for many years and until SOO began I never really saw myself as a New South Welshman first, I was Australian.
But I get the impression that many Queenslanders see themselves as Queenslanders first and Australians second. That's why it means so much.
I've noticed that too especially overseas, also not having a shot at Qlders. Think Anastasia was on a mission to create a new country with Fortress Qld as well.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came down to QLD wanted it more. That’s it.
How many times have Qld won when underdogs, they have passion we don't, and as for Fitler cannot coach has proven it on numerous occasions, I still don't believe he will be our coach he was asked by Joey Johns would he coach the Bulldogs he said no.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke may be worse than Baz, had a much better side on paper vs QLD and managed to get smoked. Dropped the best winger in the game, didnt even tell his side good morals in sticking up for your mate if a fight starts, its one in all in. Keep this bloke extremely far away from our club, hes a disaster
Did Fittler drop Talakai's ball?
Did Fittler incorrectly play the ball for Saifiti?
Did Fittler do an illegal obstruction for Trbojevic?
Did Fittler drop the ball that Toupou fumbled even though it was going out?

I can keep going......

NSW had every chance to win that game. QLD as well as they played were handed the win by NSW who made too many individual mistakes that cost the game.

Can't keep blaming the coach for losses, in this case, Fittler. Origin players are suppose to be the best of the best in the two states and some of the errors listed above like many others, were what you'd expect from less skillful players in reserve grade. Individual costly and dumb errors cost NSW the win.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from maybe teddy NSW backs had shockers Tupo and Too constantly caught out of position by DCE even Hunt. NSW didn’t exploit the fact QLD lost their winger in first minutes.That’s probably where the game was won.
Teddy needs to go. We need an attacking FB that will contribute to the attack, not stifle it.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Did Fittler drop Talakai's ball?
Did Fittler incorrectly play the ball for Saifiti?
Did Fittler do an illegal obstruction for Trbojevic?
Did Fittler drop the ball that Toupou fumbled even though it was going out?

I can keep going......

NSW had every chance to win that game. QLD as well as they played were handed the win by NSW who made too many individual mistakes that cost the game.

Can't keep blaming the coach for losses, in this case, Fittler. Origin players are suppose to be the best of the best in the two states and some of the errors listed above like many others, were what you'd expect from less skillful players in reserve grade. Individual costly and dumb errors cost NSW the win.
It’s true Freddy didn’t make those mistakes, but he did make the wrong team selections in all 3 games. That’s on him and no one else.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's all about NSW taking Qld players to play for NSW prior to 1980 then SOO was started to counter that and the broo haahar that the media promoted and then beat up the rivalry.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bad selections. RCG should have been there, but Cleary doesnt like him. Trbojevic is not and never will be a prop.
Crichton should not be there. Wighton is far better. Generally, far to many players from Fittlers old teams.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freddys team, the loss is on him.
Burton should never have been selected at 3
RCG missing out for Talakai
Why have cook on the bench for 55 mins, he should have come in 10 mins before half time when we were winning the ruck
Why the hell was Wighton not selected to play
Both our centres were amoung our worst players, should have been Wighton and Lattrel

and his game plan was very conservative and never going to be good enough to beat them at Suncorp.He thought we would stroll through the middle and win the game off the back of limited ball movement and conservative play. In the end the pressure killed us, we couldn’t do that for 80mins error free.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone thinking Fittler will be our coach either missed Gould’s comments in response to this when it first reared it’s ugly head or have zero idea how to read people, body language, speech etc. ANYONE on the board who was for this or suggested this needs to be terminated immediately. They might have good intentions but are obviously in the wrong football mindset. Can’t have people so blatantly wrong in charge.