Opinion How bad a coach is fitler

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I question the leadership of that team as well. You'd think after luai threw the ball into the stands, teddy would have pulled them in and told them to calm down. Except they did 1 idiotic mistake after another

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I question the leadership of that team as well. You'd think after luai threw the ball into the stands, teddy would have pulled them in and told them to calm down. Except they did 1 idiotic mistake after another
Pressure to do the flashy lazy stuff and not prepared to do the hard work to set it up.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Teddy did his best in a team who got dominated and made a 1000 errors. QLD kicking game smarter than blues. Teddy trying to create something having a go. There were times when NSW players didnt want to run the ball, whats he suppose to do.
How about when you run across field and have a 2 man overlap pass the ball instead of cutting back to the middle to try and beat 3 players.
Or how about when you are attacking the line late in the first half down the right on 4th tackle pass on your outside not trying to grubber for yourself and kick into the legs of an opponent.
How about when burton gets binned speak to ref like DCE did instead of walking away

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah mate, I think plenty of NSW people feel this way..

View attachment 56732
Wow ... they're now running polls on it FMD. The only polls should have been on Fittler's coaching. Well you can always bank on the morons from the Outrage Brigade pushing up the numbers.

This article mentioned at least 2 Qlders being offended by it ... or just laying the boot in.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I've been around for many years and until SOO began I never really saw myself as a New South Welshman first, I was Australian.
But I get the impression that many Queenslanders see themselves as Queenslanders first and Australians second. That's why it means so much.
I mean no disrespect with this. Have I got it wrong?
I see myself as an aussie and from nsw coz I was born there and grew up there. I'm in qld for decades but nsw is my state of origin.

I suppose the origin selection criteria is different because so many players were not born or raised in either state. Would shrink who they can pick a lot if u had to be born there.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about when you run across field and have a 2 man overlap pass the ball instead of cutting back to the middle to try and beat 3 players.
Or how about when you are attacking the line late in the first half down the right on 4th tackle pass on your outside not trying to grubber for yourself and kick into the legs of an opponent.
How about when burton gets binned speak to ref like DCE did instead of walking away
DCE's whiney bitching to the ref acheived nothing. Complaining to Klien or Sutton never acheives anything. Perhaps Tadesco knows its a waiste of time from first hand experience.
Yes his short kick was poor just like Clearys which hunt scored from, his ingoal grubber in the first half and his kicking game in general last night.
Bigger picture is why did Tedesco chance his hand at the kick in the first place.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
People talk about Latrell..he chose to not play game 3 and focus on club footy instead. I agree him and Turbo would have provided a different outcome for the Blues.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way gould was looking at freddy last night when he was interviewing him, it looked like Jeffrey epstein looking at a young ghislaine maxwell and her 15 year old best friend. WEIRDO RAMA.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton, the best kicker in the NRL without doubt, was starved............

#1 How the fark can Fittler have Cleary taking the line drop outs when Burton would gained another 20/30 metres. SOO has always been about field position you dipstick.

#2 One bomb, one farkin bomb, that no one could catch, didn't even get remotely close to catching it. Why the fark wouldn't you tell the ball hogs to give it to Burton to at least launch it 1 more time in the 80 minutes, or heaven forbid maybe even 2 or 3 times.

Fundamental stupidity, FMD how can anyone seriously consider Fittler as an NRL coach, truly unbelievable.

Always a Bulldog

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teddy needs to go. We need an attacking FB that will contribute to the attack, not stifle it.
not a lot of options considering paps turbo are always injured, Mitchell is best suited at center for origin which only leaves gutho hynes and Edwards with only hynes being worthy of selection at fb to even come close to replacing teddy

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wow ... they're now running polls on it FMD. The only polls should have been on Fittler's coaching. Well you can always bank on the morons from the Outrage Brigade pushing up the numbers.

This article mentioned at least 2 Qlders being offended by it ... or just laying the boot in.

Beat up from Fox/Murdoch press against Ch9. Just Gossip hounds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

#1 How the fark can Fittler have Cleary taking the line drop outs when Burton would gained another 20/30 metres. SOO has always been about field position you dipstick.

#2 One bomb, one farkin bomb, that no one could catch, didn't even get remotely close to catching it. Why the fark wouldn't you tell the ball hogs to give it to Burton to at least launch it 1 more time in the 80 minutes, or heaven forbid maybe even 2 or 3 times.

Fundamental stupidity, FMD how can anyone seriously consider Fittler as an NRL coach, truly unbelievable.

Always a Bulldog
Burton has the biggest boot in the NRL but he isn't close to he the best kicker.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Fittler drop Talakai's ball?
Did Fittler incorrectly play the ball for Saifiti?
Did Fittler do an illegal obstruction for Trbojevic?
Did Fittler drop the ball that Toupou fumbled even though it was going out?

I can keep going......

NSW had every chance to win that game. QLD as well as they played were handed the win by NSW who made too many individual mistakes that cost the game.

Can't keep blaming the coach for losses, in this case, Fittler. Origin players are suppose to be the best of the best in the two states and some of the errors listed above like many others, were what you'd expect from less skillful players in reserve grade. Individual costly and dumb errors cost NSW the win.
No but better coaches get better performances out of players, look at bulldogs right now, Baz was coach and our ball handling would be horrible, Mick Potter comes in and we start playing decent rugby, coach isnt 100 percent to blame but a large chunk of it, like Baz, Fitler isnt good enough, not even close

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
BRO, please. Cleary and Adam Reynolds have the best kicking games in the NRL and daylight is second. Burton can kick a ball really high and that's kinda it. Even Burton's first kick was an absolute shocker. He had that one good bomb that Ponga couldn't get anywhere near but apart from that, his kicks didn't trouble anyone.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Came down to QLD wanted it more. That’s it.
Yes they did but that was on the back excellent field position by Cherry turning us around, Burton I think kicked twice in the whole match , run hard tackle hard and kick well simple ,we failed to do this