Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i like salto angel in race 2 but im confused about why its $14

all it needs is a good run
ok now i understand, all the horses in this race that it beat in previous race were trash

i must retire now

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for tomorrow racing

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good luck today everyone. Always a great day and winning is a bonus

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For anyone who wants to know what horses to avoid, I've boxed 4,13,15,21 and 23 in a trifecta and first four.
I'll probably have a crack at the 15 and 4 each way closer to jump.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I got it boys yeeeeeowww
Well done mate. I didn’t win anything in the cup apart from a place on prince or arran but I got the quaddie. Great day

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done mate. I didn’t win anything in the cup apart from a place on prince or arran but I got the quaddie. Great day
I got a box trifecta :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Got third in the Cup, so got a bit more than money back. Prince of Arran. Put the proceeds into a string of bets for today, last night, and no idea how they went yet coz cant log into TAB all day today. Nice work TAB, down all day on the last stakes race day of the season. They say its a power outage. They could have built a fkn power station in the time taken to fix it but.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Found this and thought i would bump it, Blue Diamond Preludes start on Australia Day, Golden Slipper and the All Star Mile are in March i just cast my vote for the West aussie GUN mare Arcadia Queen.Twice a group 1 winner in Vic last spring and shit unlucky in the Cox Plate she will take a power of beating shame it's at the tricky Moonee Valley track, she is my favourite horse along with Verry Elleegant.

I'm in W.A so i'll try and post an occasional tip for our local races, of course it's buyer beware.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this and thought i would bump it, Blue Diamond Preludes start on Australia Day, Golden Slipper and the All Star Mile are in March i just cast my vote for the West aussie GUN mare Arcadia Queen.Twice a group 1 winner in Vic last spring and shit unlucky in the Cox Plate she will take a power of beating shame it's at the tricky Moonee Valley track, she is my favourite horse along with Verry Elleegant.

I'm in W.A so i'll try and post an occasional tip for our local races, of course it's buyer beware.
I loved Moonee Valley when I was living in Sydney late night racing foxtel remote with a TAB account then dog races after that.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good atmosphere for the crowd and track size makes it great for viewing too i guess, tricky on the punt i find.Friday night for example, there were some upset results.
All Star Mile should be good as all the high quality gallopers will be charging like they do in the Cox plate but with 15 in it idk it might stuff one or two up..

I'm ex sydney i used to go to Canterbury friday night racing it wasnt bad.Saturday night would have a boys night out at Wenty Park dogs then kick on into the Cross..when i was 20 years younger though, the quieter pace suits better now i think.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beers and a punt or 5 what could be better on Australia Day!!
Like a few at Bunbury today, it's a W.A track that is about 1 3/4 hours south of Perth..nice spot too wish I was there.

R2) At around $3 or better Dancing Jack is worth a punt, trainer is on fire and our premier jock William Pike steers.
R5) No 7 Betoken also not at a huge price of 2.60 appx. but as they say a short priced winner is better than a long priced loser.Apprentice jockey Carleen Hefel from Vic is kicking goals over here she steers them pretty well and the horse is due a win.
My value bet is in R7 and one i killed it with when it won it's maiden at 16s on 9 Jan named Rosso Tempesta.Has drawn sticky but with luck can run a big race gun jockey W.Pike rides him too.Amazingly he is $10 atm(it pissed in last start)I'll be on like donkey kong.

Like plenty at Caulfield too a couple at odds that might go well betting each way(place heavy if you like for a profitable result).

Duke Of Plumpton R2 $7.50
Flostar in R7 for cuzzy bro Michael Walker and is at a juicy $13 can run a big race if the fence is ok i.e not too chopped up.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Beers and a punt or 5 what could be better on Australia Day!!
Like a few at Bunbury today, it's a W.A track that is about 1 3/4 hours south of Perth..nice spot too wish I was there.

R2) At around $3 or better Dancing Jack is worth a punt, trainer is on fire and our premier jock William Pike steers.
R5) No 7 Betoken also not at a huge price of 2.60 appx. but as they say a short priced winner is better than a long priced loser.Apprentice jockey Carleen Hefel from Vic is kicking goals over here she steers them pretty well and the horse is due a win.
My value bet is in R7 and one i killed it with when it won it's maiden at 16s on 9 Jan named Rosso Tempesta.Has drawn sticky but with luck can run a big race gun jockey W.Pike rides him too.Amazingly he is $10 atm(it pissed in last start)I'll be on like donkey kong.

Like plenty at Caulfield too a couple at odds that might go well betting each way(place heavy if you like for a profitable result).

Duke Of Plumpton R2 $7.50
Flostar in R7 for cuzzy bro Michael Walker and is at a juicy $13 can run a big race if the fence is ok i.e not too chopped up.
bunbury r1 - 1 short at $2.60 but should be winning
caulfield
fav in race 3 hard to beat but one at good each way odds is 5- marine one

r2- 3 hard and tough win
r5- 1 absolute flirt win
r6-3 guizot roughie each way

wfarm-
race 6- mortons fork way over the odds, each way play

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pisspoor debut, few of mine ran 2nd one was profitable the rest as win bets only went down the shitter..i got run down into 2nd about 4 times today at Bunbury :rage:
Rosso Tempesta ran 4th beaten a half head for the drum and cost me plenty on a place multi, fuck you Lucy Warwick(she rode the 3rd placegetter who nutted me but whom i also backed as a saver for the win, watta headfuck lol)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R2 Warcidium at Ascot today.Needs luck from a sticky gate, i have the knives ready to bag the jock if she fucks it up(last start another app. rider was posted 4 wide the trip, amazingly only got beat 3.3L)

*edit and slaughtered it, she is fucking dumber than the apprentice who rode last time..

Last edited: