Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soft 5 track atm I saw?

Smokin Romans is one I'm on Jamie Kah is due, also the favourite will be hard to beat.
Very open race if the fav doesn't win, a few of the mares could go well Montefilia and Realm Of Flowers down the bottom of the page on 50 kgs is well in and could figure.

Earlier in Race 3 Criminal Code for Jmac should go well in the greys race..the support card is good today not always the case..great day Cup day!!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always tough to pick the winner on cup day. If the favourite doesn't win, it'll be a dart throw

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I chucked money on emissary. Have a exacta on deauville and realm of flowers.
And same race multi with knights order montefillia and without a fight. Hard to pick so hopefully I get one

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the 4,6 and 24 in the cup.
One of the horses I have shares in should be making his race debut in Goulburn on Saturday provided he pulls up well from his gallop this morning.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without A Fight is a chance I'll also be having something on it a pommy bloke on racing.com was stumping up for it thus morning..reckons at the odds play it and skip Deauville Legend.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the 4,6 and 24 in the cup.
One of the horses I have shares in should be making his race debut in Goulburn on Saturday provided he pulls up well from his gallop this morning.
Let us know mate(if you feel inclined too)..good luck to you.
I have a well interest not much of a share in one through Myracehorse Actually called microshares pay once no more costs you get a bit back in prizemoney but it's more about having the interest in racing..
Waterhouse/Bott train it and his name is The Milkybar Kid and won 3 races last prep, goes alright especially the midweek it won at Randwick in July..is an ex kiwi horse.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let us know mate(if you feel inclined too)..good luck to you.
I have a well interest not much of a share in one through Myracehorse Actually called microshares pay once no more costs you get a bit back in prizemoney but it's more about having the interest in racing..
Waterhouse/Bott train it and his name is The Milkybar Kid and won 3 races last prep, goes alright especially the midweek it won at Randwick in July..is an ex kiwi horse.
I've looked at the micro shares but wanted a bigger slice of the pie (and the monthly bills haha). Currently have shares in 3 horses totalling 20%. It's good fun, but still waiting for that first win.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well considering it’s a soft track..I’m taking Hoo Ya Mal..it’s number 12 ..low in the weights..wide barrier

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
My missus checked her sports bet account (I wouldn’t even know how to get one) anyway she is like I have $600 in here how? It’s because I told her the year before last you can fucking bet the Bulldogs will get the wooden spoon and she did. First time she had checked it since then lol she was stoked go the Dogs

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've looked at the micro shares but wanted a bigger slice of the pie (and the monthly bills haha). Currently have shares in 3 horses totalling 20%. It's good fun, but still waiting for that first win.
I did that between 2005-2010 overall it didnt go great, I also also went in for 20% all up and did 1×10%(it was a camel i dumped probably 10 grand all up on it with fees and it never even placed)and 2@5% one I sold out of later but it won a couple in the city midweeks(Ascot and Belmont in Perth)and after I left that one they changed its racing style and it ended up winning 10 races all up and well over 500k WERD was its name good horse ran 5th twice in the states group 1 Sprint.
So yeh been there not sure I would again to be honest Lol..it's fun though if you can afford it and don't expect to make money as it's likely you won't.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think number 4 in the melbourne cup, Montefilia

also a sneaky little roughie chance at randwick race 2 in 10 minutes, no.10 jilloni, but i wanted it to be softer ground

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think number 4 in the melbourne cup, Montefilia

also a sneaky little roughie chance at randwick race 2 in 10 minutes, no.10 jilloni, but i wanted it to be softer ground
I have had 2 bets at Flemington i fn hate 2yos mostly but i bet anyway on the toppie l, it was average ran 5th and dint like the steer Bucik gave it either.But in the next had a much happier result with White Marlin who bolted in..and he might well be good enough to start in the big race next year.

Just Folk likes the wet he could go well in R6 Flem.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geezus Just Folk was stiff parked the trip which isn't all bad in the ground but with 60 a hindrance and get beats a neck by some shithead with 54.their coming in without names at least 3 have been 25-1 ffs.
Big one is in 1 hour and.counting, more investments to be made seeking a wet tracker might have some more dough on Realm Of Flowers..and more on Smokin Romans too he handles the sting out well.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Geezus Just Folk was stiff parked the trip which isn't all bad in the ground but with 60 a hindrance and get beats a neck by some shithead with 54.their coming in without names at least 3 have been 25-1 ffs.
Big one is in 1 hour and.counting, more investments to be made seeking a wet tracker might have some more dough on Realm Of Flowers..and more on Smokin Romans too he handles the sting out well.
take a look at the job montefilia did when he knocked off $1.28 verry ellegant on the wet, it matched foot with anamoe over a mile and it flashed home in the caulfield cup

if it gets a soft run i think he can look very sexy down the outside

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t see that coming..lol!

But my mum did..picked it purely on name only..because of the gold.. Go Mum!

ps..moral of the story..always listen to your mum!