Official Hoppa Re-signed till 2021

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
like it, and really like its only for a further year.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am happy with this. He has deserved a little extension. Very happy it isn't any longer though, these older players need to be on small contracts.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting it back on the players to earn their next contracts when we have more cash to spend maybe. Show us what you’re worth. I like it
True true,potential and past performances,count for nothing in today's game,perform or perish,I like the idea of these short contracts.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy with this. He has deserved a little extension. Very happy it isn't any longer though, these older players need to be on small contracts.
Will hopoate is only 27

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with this imo. One of the most consistent players in the team. Yeah no pace but that’s about it.
Does hell of a lot of good things, and can stand in anywhere in the backline.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s with the 1 year extensions, a bit strange
Not at all. Makes them hungier, working harder. Plus in these times I can understand the players themselves being unsure of where we're going. In a couple of years time they'll see we're ready or not for the top.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not at all. Makes them hungier, working harder. Plus in these times I can understand the players themselves being unsure of where we're going. In a couple of years time they'll see we're ready or not for the top.
Na these 1 year deals are just bs because the club is still yet to establish a way to move forward. No doubt this these 1 year deals have upgraded wages, doubt any player would sign this otherwise.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na these 1 year deals are just bs because the club is still yet to establish a way to move forward. No doubt this these 1 year deals have upgraded wages, doubt any player would sign this otherwise.
Possibly mate. I don't have anything major against and you've probably got a point. Can understand players not wanting to sign on for more as we really are an unknown quantity.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What’s with all the extensions being until 2021?
I'd suggest it's got something to do with the new media deal being negotiated by the end of 2021 to be implemented for season 2023.
New media deal = new salary cap and no doubt the club will never again risk over-guessing the cap amount in advance of the media deal and signing players based on those guesses which is what brought us to the disaster we are just making our way out of.
It's a guess, but seems to stack up.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd suggest it's got something to do with the new media deal being negotiated by the end of 2021 to be implemented for season 2023.
New media deal = new salary cap and no doubt the club will never again risk over-guessing the cap amount in advance of the media deal and signing players based on those guesses which is what brought us to the disaster we are just making out way out of.
It's a guess, but seems to stack up.
Makes sense. Personally I don't see all the worry. The main thing is that we're tieing down our key players for the future so we can progress. 2020 is going to be very important for that so fingers crossed with some stability the club really kicks on next year ...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Putting it back on the players to earn their next contracts when we have more cash to spend maybe. Show us what you’re worth. I like it
Yeah I agree. Make them work for it and earn the right to wear our proud jersey.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am fan of Hoppa the player.. but theres a few people in the NRL world that deserve a Hoppa up where it dont shine..

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These signings tell me that the board will not be re-signing Pay, and whoever comes in to replace him will have first pick with recruitment